Scrap Monday Nights!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
Looking at tonights appauling crowd for a 3rd v 5th game, Monday Night Footy needs to go!

Wonder why Fox doesn't have a 6pm Sunday Night game. Would compete with major TV shows like The Voice, The Block, whatever rubbish 7 and 10 have on a Sunday Night.

That way both Saturday and Sunday, you'd have 6 hours each day of Rugby League.

They don't care if no one goes. Actually that's what they want then they wont have to cater.

It's what has happened to racing and trots etc.

Its all about advertising and betting dollars, nothing at all to do with gate takings.

It's ridiculous. They should have cancelled the game once the Kieran news broke. The league world is glued to silvertails awaiting the next bombshell piece of speculation.
I'm actually multi-tasking: watching a fairly decent game of footy and putting sh*t on Chewbaca and the Squeels in the "Kieren Forum" lol ;)

The intelligent NRL put this game on Monday night, Roosters v Dragons knowing it would be a poor attended crowd and high TV ratings. Greenturd and his cronies have FAILED!! with the draw. Monday night football is a fixture all clubs HATE!!

Bigger crowd tonight than Brookvale on Friday...Should we scrap Friday footy also

It'sTE="sheridanstand78, post: 700116, member: 3367"]The intelligent NRL put this game on Monday night, Roosters v Dragons knowing it would be a poor attended crowd and high TV ratings. Greenturd and his cronies have FAILED!! with the draw. Monday night football is a fixture all clubs HATE!![/QUOTE]
The intelligent NRL put this game on Monday night, Roosters v Dragons knowing it would be a poor attended crowd and high TV ratings. Greenturd and his cronies have FAILED!! with the draw. Monday night football is a fixture all clubs HATE!!
It's not the NRL that selects this game, it's FOX, they get to pick a game after Nine selects their first two

Apart from the fact Monday night footy has nothing to do with crowds, why would we want footy taken away on a Monday? I wish footy was on every night of the week! lol
Its a tv programming thing. And a tv ad-sales thing. And a strategic exposure thing by the NRL. But mostly its Fox Sports wanting Monday night for selling commercial air time and filling programming and better subscriptions.

Monday night really is a waste of time, its great for TV viewers but hell for fans and members who WANT to attend games.

I actually like the proposal to play games on Monday nights in the bush as fans struggle to get to games at NRL grounds.

As someone living in a remote location and rarely in Sydney or Brisbane during footy season I only watch television games.
I like the Monday game because it's usually one of the only ones I get to watch other than sea eagles games.

I think the bush proposal is a good idea. Stadiums would be filled atmosphere great and tv revenew only slightly affected by logistical costs that the NRL could cover as part of spreading the game. There are enough teams playing in regional areas each year anyway just let fox pick them with a caveat that each team has to be picked at least once.

Should be a paid public holiday for all those who have monday night tix!

They should make it Thursday. Yesterday I went past a sign for a Thursday game for the Swans at the SCG. We checked our diaries and booked tickets because it will be a fun thing for a change and Thursday means there's only one day of the working week to go. The AFL
Have it right. Again.

Maybe they could book regional Monday night games around the same time as that towns agricultural show. That would be a bit of forward planning though.

Brookie crowd of 8k, braved the rain and 7 degree weather on the open muddy hill

Rorters crowd of 10k, had a dry and 13 degree weather, under cover and in individual seats

Manly Fans > Rorters Fans :inlove:

Was a Dragons home game. And if you take away the SCG members, only 8.5K turned up.

The sad thing for me is there does not seem to be any angst from Greenturd and co about the alarming crowd figures for this season especially Monday nights. I was looking t some stats from the 1976 season, we averaged 16K a game at Brooky and Sydney was half the population that it is now. Back then game times were friendly for fans, now its all about TV.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4