Scouting team in New Zealand.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As far as I know, when Graeme (hope I spelled that right) Lowe was CEO he organised a deal with MaoriTV that devoted a half hour pre-game show and then showed every Manly match each weekend.

I once read that at one point the Manly jersey was the second most sold jersey in New Zealand behind the All Blacks one.

I hope that what I have written is true and not some figment of my imagination.

There is definitely some talent over here. Always has and always will be. Hopefully we can snag some more now or in the near future.

With all the talent in NZ how come the Worriers have never won an NRL first grade premiership?

I wonder if the Warriors just don't have the right infrastructure to get the most out of their talent, it's crazy to think they had all 3 sides in Grand finals in 2011 and haven't even made the top 8 since, i'd be spewing if I was a Warriors fan.

At least the Kiwis beat one of the most loaded Australian sides of all time in the 2008 World Cup final

With all the talent in NZ how come the Worriers have never won an NRL first grade premiership?
As a Kiwi this question has stumped me for years and still does lol. In regards to the talent, that has always been there. Over the years "on paper" the Warriors have had many teams that could have and possibly should have won a premiership or at least been a top contender. However maybe it wasn't the right collection of talent.

Consistency in on field performances and winning games has always been a problem. Obviously the teams adlib style of play affects this somewhat. This could kick back to coaching and team/club culture though. The Warriors have never been able to establish a winning culture and enviroment and it shows.

Constant coaching changes doesn't help either. Also the Warriors inability to recruit elite coaches and players is another factor. Most of the coaches they have had were coaches with only Super League success or limited NRL success. Also most of players they recriut are either past their prime top players getting a last big cheque or either journeyman or other teams cast offs. Even this years marquee signings of Luke and RTS haven't changed things.

As for local grown young talent, the NYC teams success speaks for itself. Three titles in the last five years shows there is no problems here. The only problem is the inability to hold on to all the young prospects. Manly were the recipient of one of these cases in the recruitment of the nephew Peta.

I also think some of the Warriors front office actions and decision making at times has been questionable. However that could be said of many NRL teams lol. Anyway those are some of the main reasons I think the Warriors haven't yet won a premiership. I could go further into detail but may end up writing a e-book lol!!!

Last edited:
As a Kiwi this question has stumped me for years and still does lol. In regards to the talent, that has always been there. Over the years "on paper" the Warriors have had many teams that could have and possibly should have won a premiership or at least been a top contender. However maybe it wasn't the right collection of talent.

Consistency in on field performances and winning games has always been a problem. Obviously the teams adlib style of play affects this somewhat. This could kick back to coaching and team/club culture though. The Warriors have never been able to establish a winning culture and enviroment and it shows.

Constant coaching changes doesn't help either. Also the Warriors inability to recruit elite coaches and players is another factor. Most of the coaches they have had were coaches with only Super League success or limited NRL success. Also most of players they recriut are either past their prime top players getting a last big cheque or either journeyman or other teams cast offs. Even this years marquee signings of Luke and RTS haven't changed things.

As for local grown young talent, the NYC teams success speaks for itself. Three titles in the last five years shows there is no problems here. The only problem is the inability to hold on to all the young prospects. Manly were the recipient of one of these cases in the recruitment of the nephew Peta.

I also think some of the Warriors front office actions and decision making at times has been questionable. However that could be said of many NRL teams lol. Anyway those are some of the main reasons I think the Warriors haven't yet won a premiership. I could go further into detail but may end up writing a e-book lol!!!

Kiwi here as well. Too many players who have that throw it around style and approach who don't have the attitude and mental toughness to win games in the grind. I remember playing junior footy and we would come up against teams that were full of Polynesian kids with talent and flair. We were coached to get in the grind with them in the first half. If they scored early and often the confidence would get up and they would put a score on you. If you held them they would drop their bundle and not compete later in matches. Probably a long shot but I wonder how much this attitude still resonates with some of the Warriors players. My bros who both support NZ share this view.

Steve price was probably their best recruit to help install the toughness and attitude, same with Reuben Wiki who was developed in that successful raiders system.

For mine they have never really gotten the balance right. You can still see they are trying to get more Australian players in their side to bring that different approach to their footy as they know the adlib style won't get it done in September.

As far as I know, when Graeme (hope I spelled that right) Lowe was CEO he organised a deal with MaoriTV that devoted a half hour pre-game show and then showed every Manly match each weekend.

I once read that at one point the Manly jersey was the second most sold jersey in New Zealand behind the All Blacks one.

I hope that what I have written is true and not some figment of my imagination.

This was prob in the 90s and spot on. Winfield cup was huge in NZ and prior to warriors most supported Manly.

I loved my catebury made p&o jersey I got for my 12th birthday until it got stolen at the local pool!

Maybe so.
If I was wrong I humbly apologise (novel response courtesy of example set by Eagle Eye)

Sorry......in advance! ?????

As for the why haven't NZ won a premiership with all the talent, it could be more complicated than this but just because they all have talent, doesn't mean they will all play for the warriors.

Salary cap can take care of that lil issue.

Stacey Jones went pretty well.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Tooves get a crack at coaching the Warriors, he may not always be technically correct but his mental toughness is unquestionable.

Sorry......in advance! ?????
Yeah. And lol in advance for your next humorous postings - saves me having to laugh when it happens in future ;)

As for the failure of the Warriors, having to fly over an ocean for every second match probably doesn't help.

This was prob in the 90s and spot on. Winfield cup was huge in NZ and prior to warriors most supported Manly.

I loved my catebury made p&o jersey I got for my 12th birthday until it got stolen at the local pool!

People are cruel. That jersey was awesome. Hunt them down.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6