Scott Penn to bail out Sea Eagles again as plans are prepared for $50m stadium

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Phantar

Bencher
Sorry everyone, but I'm not familiar with the correct way of uploading articles from elsewhere:

------
Thanks Phantar - uploaded MB

AS the days count down to Manly's grand final clash with the Warriors, majority owner Scott Penn has admitted the club is still staring at a $1 million loss this season that he will have to pay out of his pocket.

Read the full article

Great to hear that 'the way is forward' and the Owners are balancing the books with their own hard earned.

Manly need to be focused on their Brand and Business Plan and leave the sentiments to the many more Grand Final celebrations I hope we enjoy.

The plans for a $50 mil stadium redevelopment sound spot on, fingers crossed there, what a massive dfiference that would make.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
You would think the amount of Merchandise etc it will be a huge financial boost
The Penn Family deserve a massive amount of appreciation for their long term committement to the club, without them we would not all be looking forward to seeing ours boys play in another GF, we would folded long ago.

While ever our club have this bloke and Des involved we will be sweet.

Lovely bloke and very switched on.

Interesting though that he wanted to keep Peters simply as family rather than for who is right for the job.

If we are to have a professional club we need to get out of the jobs for boys mentality.

the real fortynil said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
The Penn Family deserve a massive amount of appreciation for their long term committement to the club, without them we would not all be looking forward to seeing ours boys play in another GF, we would folded long ago.
Oh please, what a complete crock! If you really believe all this self serving bull**** the Penn Family puts out you are all seriously naive. They agreed to Uncle Peter's redundancy - he's the family embarassment. All they care about now is finding another media patsy who can help them continue to spread their lies into the papers. Mark my words if the day ever comes when they have complete control of that Board, you will all regret it. There is no way Government will ever give Brookvale Oval $50 million, Penn knows that, but he wants to be able to say "I tried" before moving the team to the Central Coast or SFS. The only people who can claim to have truly saved our Club is then CEO Ian Thomson who got Max Delmege on Board at the 11th hour, as we were heading over the cliff into oblivion. The Penns are rich johnny come latelys who just like to see their names in the paper.

Excellent article and good to hear that talks are proceeding with all levels of Government. Both Delmege and the Penns need to be congratulated for having the vision and the readies to keep the club from folding. $50 million seems about right. Hopefully they're looking at buildng a stadium rather than a 'park'.

mate, as a 3 hit poster I'm sure you love Manly as much as we do (or you're on here to buy tiks and scalp em) ;) take Penn out and who pays the million losses?? pretty simple.
As he keeps saying, we need more CORPORATES!! We don't have the facility so that is why we are losing dough, even though we are a top ranked team. Anyway, we have been trying for funding so many times and if we have to move, so be it!! Unless anyone can stump up 20 million plus we eventually will slide down as Penn stops the huge payments each year and try and make costs. Who would blame him?

In June 2011 they announced a figure that we were down by and it was 30,000 A WEEK!! Imagine every Sunday night pulling out 30 grand out of your savings to pay bills!!!

Delmege saved us and now Penn!! You and me put in $200-$2000 a year, they put in millions!! People had shots at Penn getting in the photo, you pay a million and you can get in there too!!

Darren said:
mate, as a 3 hit poster I'm sure you love Manly as much as we do (or you're on here to buy tiks and scalp em) ;) take Penn out and who pays the million losses?? pretty simple.
As he keeps saying, we need more CORPORATES!! We don't have the facility so that is why we are losing dough, even though we are a top ranked team. Anyway, we have been trying for funding so many times and if we have to move, so be it!! Unless anyone can stump up 20 million plus we eventually will slide down as Penn stops the huge payments each year and try and make costs. Who would blame him?

In June 2011 they announced a figure that we were down by and it was 30,000 A WEEK!! Imagine every Sunday night pulling out 30 grand out of your savings to pay bills!!!

Delmege saved us and now Penn!! You and me put in $200-$2000 a year, they put in millions!! People had shots at Penn getting in the photo, you pay a million and you can get in there too!!

I know I'm only a three hit poster (now 4!) and believe me if I had more time I would be a much more frequent contributor. You're right I love Manly, have followed the Team my whole life. Which is the point, I follow the Team. I'm so sick and tired of reading about people involved in the Club - who seem to view their own self promotion as more important than anything. Peter Peters is the worst example, Scott Penn is next, Max Delmege at times was simply embarassing. When do we ever hear from Quantum the other owner. It seems they might have the good sense to know when to keep quiet. Division in the backroom of the Club which has been fanned along by the Penns who resent the fact they can't just run their little family show and not be answerable to anyone else is fatal - fans like me hate it. It's as bad as reading about politics - so depressing. And I do understand the importance of the corporate dollar and having more undercover seats at Brooky to get more season ticket holders etc, but without the fans the Team is nothing. Moving the team to the Central Coast would lose 70 per cent of our fan base, the SFS maybe 60 per cent.

WTF! said:
the real fortynil said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Oh please, what a complete crock! If you really believe all this self serving bull**** the Penn Family puts out you are all seriously naive. They agreed to Uncle Peter's redundancy - he's the family embarassment. All they care about now is finding another media patsy who can help them continue to spread their lies into the papers. Mark my words if the day ever comes when they have complete control of that Board, you will all regret it. There is no way Government will ever give Brookvale Oval $50 million, Penn knows that, but he wants to be able to say "I tried" before moving the team to the Central Coast or SFS. The only people who can claim to have truly saved our Club is then CEO Ian Thomson who got Max Delmege on Board at the 11th hour, as we were heading over the cliff into oblivion. The Penns are rich johnny come latelys who just like to see their names in the paper.

how about instead of hiding behind a username tell us who you really are if you wanna make claims like that it would give u a spec of creditabilty which would be more than you have now.

Cambo said:
WTF! said:
the real fortynil said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

how about instead of hiding behind a username tell us who you really are if you wanna make claims like that it would give u a spec of creditabilty which would be more than you have now.

Mate I don't need to prove my "creditability" - I think the word you're searching for is "credibility" - it is my opinion and it is an opinion based on observing events over a decade. I didn't realise this was a website for people who want to agree with everything the establishment does.

Well, well well. It is grand final week and the Penns are dumping on their Co-Owner again, only this time it is not Delmege, but Quantum.

I am sure Quantum must really appreciate being saddled with the blame for getting rid of Zorba now that the Penns have absolved themselves of all responsibility.

WTF! said:
Cambo said:
WTF! said:
the real fortynil said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Mate I don't need to prove my "creditability" - I think the word you're searching for is "credibility" - it is my opinion and it is an opinion based on observing events over a decade. I didn't realise this was a website for people who want to agree with everything the establishment does.

Nice of you to join us Bob Reilly.

WTF - where exactly do you propose Manly play should we finally get a new stadium. The two options Scott mention are feasible whilst the redevelopment takes place. Are you suggesting we continue to play at Brookie whilst the redevelopment goes on!?!

WTF! said:
the real fortynil said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Any one that calls a great Manly stalwart an embarassment and does not aknowledge Penns finacial in put and commitment to the club is not a real Sea Eagle they are a Goose. The embarassment here is so called Manly supporters putting down down their own on this Sea Eagle forum. We have enough people that hate us we need to show some loyalty respect and pride in our club as a whole .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4