lsz

First Grader
Staff member
You do not need to be technical coach to see that they ran traffic at him all night (either to tire him out or test him out). My guess is that they thought he could bust the game open without turbo so ran at him more

Touch football but with more injuries
Premium Member
Schuster played ok I thought watching live, had a lot of hard tackles in defence and when he hit it up there was always plenty of attention.
Without the treat of Tom they numbered up well on him.

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
You seem overly defensive any time an opinion of Josh is posted that is not absolutely glowing. Why have a football forum if only fit 110kg forwards can provide an opinion?

He was just as good in defence earlier this season when he looked much fitter and faster. So the question is why does he look a bit overweight and less dynamic. It's not just about the miracle no-look passes he has withheld either.
Just like an Olympic swimmer he’s done the hard work, bulked up and now is the time to taper for the finals….

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Honestly, my opinion is he's being coached to.pkay within himself which is what I was always afraid of. Be like someone telling Benji in his prime to stop using his x-factor.

LET HIM PLAY DES.

He's way too good to he controlled.

Just my opinion. But he has put a lot of weight on. Not sure if that's systematic of a move to the forwards ?

We need his explosiveness
Maybe he’s maturing rapidly too.
He still asked questions and looked to get involved without the errors he had earlier on the year.
Looked like after his early error he decided that getting into the rumble was what was needed.
He delivered.

Grizzly old fart
He’s got some talent all right , he’ll be as good as Gifty soon and personally I can’t see him going to 5/8.

Disagree on that one Mark. He's better than Gifty and has already proven he can make a star five eighth. Gifty didn't even get a permanent spot in the Manly side until he was 23 and rep games started at 24. My goodness Schuster has been a star performer throughout his junior years and is already a permanent fixture in the Manly side and now in a NZ rep squad. Gifty wasn't even recognised for his worth until he was 24. This kid is only 20. He already has skills I've only seen from the best five eighths I've seen in the game. In a few years if we can hold onto him and Des doesn't waste his talent having to do heavy defence work, he'll be a dominant factor in Manly's backline, or some other backline if we aren't careful. His value has already shot up being selected in the NZ squad and I understand Auckland are sending out feelers for him.

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Disagree on that one Mark. He's better than Gifty and has already proven he can make a star five eighth. Gifty didn't even get a permanent spot in the Manly side until he was 23 and rep games started at 24. My goodness Schuster has been a star performer throughout his junior years and is already a permanent fixture in the Manly side and now in a NZ rep squad. Gifty wasn't even recognised for his worth until he was 24. This kid is only 20. He already has skills I've only seen from the best five eighths I've seen in the game. In a few years if we can hold onto him and Des doesn't waste his talent having to do heavy defence work, he'll be a dominant factor in Manly's backline, or some other backline if we aren't careful. His value has already shot up being selected in the NZ squad and I understand Auckland are sending out feelers for him.
Can’t disagree with any of that too.

But if they are going to run him at 5/8 you’d think they’d have to start that from next year , so let’s see !!

PS: maybe Bullemor is his forward replacement??

Grizzly old fart
Can’t disagree with any of that too.

But if they are going to run him at 5/8 you’d think they’d have to start that from next year , so let’s see !!

PS: maybe Bullemor is his forward replacement??

One would hope Schuster is given more opportunities at 5/8 to show his worth and develop his skills at this level. No disrespect to Foran, who did a fine job at 5/8 this year. But realistically Schuster is the future and holding him back is risky if he really wants to play 5/8. As for Bullemor, maybe you're right, though he may also be a substitute for Sirro. Love players with pace and skill. I'm sure Des will mould him into a weapon. Being only 22 when he starts next year is a good age for developing him. Sounds like a good signing, though I've not seen much of him. Obviously Des has.

“ Triggered Boomer”
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
One would hope Schuster is given more opportunities at 5/8 to show his worth and develop his skills at this level. No disrespect to Foran, who did a fine job at 5/8 this year. But realistically Schuster is the future and holding him back is risky if he really wants to play 5/8. As for Bullemor, maybe you're right, though he may also be a substitute for Sirro. Love players with pace and skill. I'm sure Des will mould him into a weapon. Being only 22 when he starts next year is a good age for developing him. Sounds like a good signing, though I've not seen much of him. Obviously Des has.
I watch the QCup so have seen a bit of him, really really good player.

Yes maybe in for Sirro , if so who replaces Schuster if you move him to 5/8???

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
24 21 3 499 44
24 21 3 390 44
24 20 4 322 42
24 16 8 252 34
24 16 8 141 34
24 15 9 109 32
24 12 12 -143 26
24 10 14 -3 22
24 10 14 -36 22