The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You do not need to be technical coach to see that they ran traffic at him all night (either to tire him out or test him out). My guess is that they thought he could bust the game open without turbo so ran at him more

Schuster played ok I thought watching live, had a lot of hard tackles in defence and when he hit it up there was always plenty of attention.
Without the treat of Tom they numbered up well on him.

You seem overly defensive any time an opinion of Josh is posted that is not absolutely glowing. Why have a football forum if only fit 110kg forwards can provide an opinion?

He was just as good in defence earlier this season when he looked much fitter and faster. So the question is why does he look a bit overweight and less dynamic. It's not just about the miracle no-look passes he has withheld either.
Just like an Olympic swimmer he’s done the hard work, bulked up and now is the time to taper for the finals….

Honestly, my opinion is he's being coached to.pkay within himself which is what I was always afraid of. Be like someone telling Benji in his prime to stop using his x-factor.

LET HIM PLAY DES.

He's way too good to he controlled.

Just my opinion. But he has put a lot of weight on. Not sure if that's systematic of a move to the forwards ?

We need his explosiveness
Maybe he’s maturing rapidly too.
He still asked questions and looked to get involved without the errors he had earlier on the year.
Looked like after his early error he decided that getting into the rumble was what was needed.
He delivered.

I know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it .... but ..

Schuster has been contained well for the past month, and without any inside knowledge, he just looks tired and frustrated to me .. first full seasons in the NRL can drain young players, added to the bubble effect, and this can possibly be seen as expected ..

I can't help thinking that putting him on the bench ... and injecting him would revitalize him and work well ..Lawton could go back to 2nd row, I was thinking Keppie, but after his performance last night I wouldn't move him for quids.

I feel that Schuster's talents are being wasted hitting it up (which is not his forte) and tackling. Another idea might be to start Paseka and have Keppie in the second row (which gives our pack great punch) and then rotate in Schuster to have a bit of freer hand. I think the problem is that we have plenty of ball players at the moment - besides the halves Jake rediscovered some of his touch and Walker is good too when he doesn't overplay his hand, which he tends to when in a halves position.

Big risk to take for a Prelim Final. His form has been down that is for sure, he isn't having as much impact as earlier in the year. It looks like he is finding it hard to get into games, and I'm not sure Foz is giving him many good opportunities on that front either

Big risk to take for a Prelim Final. His form has been down that is for sure, he isn't having as much impact as earlier in the year. It looks like he is finding it hard to get into games, and I'm not sure Foz is giving him many good opportunities on that front either

Yeah, agree on the timing ... and the lack of good clean ball ... just pondering out loud and wondering how others think ... but nothing ventured nothing gained .. we certainly have to do something different against Storm next time ... Keppie leading the forwards is a start ..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4