Schuster or Foran for 5/8th 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Schuster or Foran, 5/8th in 2022

• Foran

Votes: 91 65.0%
  • Schuster

Votes: 52 37.1%
  • Walker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Croker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We will loose the Shoe and Foz only has another year at most and we will be without a quality 5/8 again in 2024 if not sooner due to injury. Really dumb. This will all turn on whether Foran is resigned for next year and if so the Schu is likely to ask for a release. I reckon Bennet wouldn't mind signing the Schu specially if he misses out on Munster which is likely. I hope the coach's friendship with Foran is not affecting his better judgment. This is really of concern. I hope Penn is keeping his eye on the ball here and intervenes if necessary.

I am yet to meet the 1st grade coach, especially one as experienced as Des, ... stupid enough to guarantee any player .. especially a teenager that hasn't debuted.. anything!

The conversation may be .. such and such is in our plans .. and yes we consider you a whatever ..

But a coach guaranteeing a player anything ... bulldust, twaddle, rhubarb and balderdash.

An option is that he could take the departing Walker's role as a roving lock at the start of next year (or maybe this year if Walker gets injured).

Before people bristle at the suggestion of him being a bench player... Coming in at 14 he wouldn't have to make as many tackles as a starting lock forward. He'd get 50-60 minutes per game with a licence to do some ball-playing (and ergo getting game time as a ball player), while the organisation of the team still goes to DCE and Foran.

He's a pretty big unit too so this wouldn't throw out the composition of the bench either.

Des seems to only makes changes when his players are fundamentally not doing their assigned job, or a replacement player's performances in that position demand selection. Neither of those are happening for the 5/8 spot at the moment, so I don't see Josh being gift-wrapped a #6 jersey at this stage.
To be honest Josh hasn’t really been given a proper chance to show what he can do at 5/8……I’d be pretty confident our attack would go to another level.

Des preference was Harper! We all know what’s happened.
I’ve said it before whilst Harper, Saab and Garrick are in our side we will not win anything or be competitive against good sides.
Why are you bagging Garrick? Oh so being a history making highest points scorer last year was nothing. He’s been one of our best players every game this season & is on the SOO radar yet you make out like he’s incapable lolololol. You obviously have no idea mate!

Anyone able to get behind the paywall on this one?

Sea Eagles respond to Schuster’s halves switch demand​

Manly is bracing for the looming showdown between rising star Josh Schuster and veteran Kieran Foran. SUBSCRIBE to hear Tom Trbojevic's thoughts on the issue.

Why are you bagging Garrick? Oh so being a history making highest points scorer last year was nothing. He’s been one of our best players every game this season & is on the SOO radar yet you make out like he’s incapable lolololol. You obviously have no idea mate!
Garrick’s form has gone to another level this year and the fact he’s even on the Origin radar,whether that’s realistic or not,shows just how far he has come.The talk that the team needs to find someone to cover TomT’s inevitable absences,should now dissipate as Garrick has been great

Sea Eagles respond to Schuster’s halves switch demand​

Manly is bracing for the looming showdown between rising star Josh Schuster and veteran Kieran Foran. SUBSCRIBE to hear Tom Trbojevic's thoughts on the issue.

No .. but Tom just says nice things .. said Foran was going good and the Team just needed Schu at 2nd row for now ..

NRL 2022: Josh Schuster v Kieran Foran in Manly halves showdown​

Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic has weighed in on the looming showdown between rising star Josh Schuster and veteran Kieran Foran which threatens to unsettle the Sea Eagles’ season.

Superstar Tom Trbojevic believes there will be no “immediate” change to Manly’s halves combination despite Josh Schuster’s camp making inquiries about a promise to play the rising star at five-eighth.
Schuster’s management has reached out to the club reminding them of a promise made during contract negotiations that the 20-year-old would wear the Sea Eagles’ No.6 jumper.
The deal was made under CEO Stephen Humphreys, who is no longer at the club. It’s believed several clubs are monitoring the situation.

Halves showdown: Josh Schuster wants Kieran Foran's No.6 jersey - and Tom Trbojevic has weighed in on the battle.

Halves showdown: Josh Schuster wants Kieran Foran's No.6 jersey - and Tom Trbojevic has weighed in on the battle.
Since re-signing until the end of 2024, Schuster, who had a breakout 2021, has mostly played in the backrow with coach Des Hasler opting for Kieran Foran at five-eighth alongside captain Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves.
Foran is without a contract for 2023 but the rejuvenated playmaker has been one of Manly’s best and is looking to play on beyond this season.
“He is obviously skilful and talented enough, there are no doubts about that. I don’t think that’s coming from Schuey himself but I think the best fit for us right now is Schuey playing second row with Foz (Foran) and Chez (Cherry-Evans) in the halves there,” Trbojevic said.
“I don’t see that changing in the immediate future but definitely in the long-term I can see Schuey making the transition into that spot and being our five-eighth.”
Josh Schuster (C) has been given certain promises about playing in the halves. Picture: NRL Photos/Gregg Porteous

Josh Schuster (C) has been given certain promises about playing in the halves. Picture: NRL Photos/Gregg Porteous
Schuster hasn’t played this season but is on track to return from an ankle injury as soon as next week.
Trbojevic has also pencilled in round nine’s clash against Wests Tigers for a return from knee surgery after a month on the sidelines.
“It’s going well. I’m not too far away … they said around a month so hopefully it will be next week. I kept playing when I did it, it was a bit sore after but a couple of days later they made me get a scan,” Trbojevic said.
Trbojevic’s comeback will ease one centre headache for NSW coach Brad Fittler.
Fellow Blues centre and South Sydney fullback Latrell Mitchell is racing the clock to overcome a hamstring injury before the side for game one is announced in late May.
But Trbojevic has backed Cronulla wrecking ball Siosifa Talakai to deliver in the Origin arena if called into the side.
Manly's Tom Trbojevic and Sean Keppie with ex-Parramatta player Steve Dresler CEO of Whatability. Picture: Darren Leigh Roberts

Manly's Tom Trbojevic and Sean Keppie with ex-Parramatta player Steve Dresler CEO of Whatability. Picture: Darren Leigh Roberts
“Talakai would be awesome. Guys like Talakai and Kotoni Staggs are just two of the great centres that NSW have to pick from … whoever Freddie (Fittler) decides will do an awesome job.
“We are still a few weeks away, there is a lot of footy to be played between now and then but I’m sure Freddie will make the right call.”
Talakai’s destructive runs down Cronulla’s left edge tortured Manly centre Morgan Harper last Thursday night.
After missing six tackles, Harper was hooked for Tolutau Koula in the second half. Koula has been named to replace Harper for Friday night’s clash against South Sydney.
But Trbojevic believes Harper will bounce back from the forgettable performance.
“He is going OK. I think the criticism, and the way everyone was talking about him, has been a bit unfair,” Trbojevic said.
“He is an integral part of our footy team. He was awesome for us last year and he has been awesome for us at the start of this year.
“Everyone has bad games, myself included. I get that people want to talk about it but it’s not really fair. I know he’ll bounce back well, I’ve got no doubts about that.

If I was Schuster I would change management. The leak can only have come from them and, after missing the entire start of the season, I'd just be thrilled to get back on the field in any position and in harmony with the rest of the team and not looking like a demanding twat disrespecting the senior players. It must be a bit like having your Mum coming up to the school and calling out a bully in front of the whole class.
It really boggles the mind.

Wow. Great response. Personal attack… again.

Was an honest question.
Unless you’ve read something, seems irrelevant to know what Des may/may not have done if he wasn’t even part of the conversation - so just wondering if you knew something?

(I eagerly await your childish name calling response rather than detailing why Des had been brought into the equation.)

Please .. you have been talking shiite for 2 years .. and now you want me to treat a comment from you seriously ... as if you are a victim ..

Poor wee lamb ...

If I was Schuster I would change management. The leak can only have come from them and, after missing the entire start of the season, I'd just be thrilled to get back on the field in any position and in harmony with the rest of the team and not looking like a demanding twat disrespecting the senior players. It must be a bit like having your Mum coming up to the school and calling out a bully in front of the whole class.

Back in the early 70s Ray Brannigan was poached from Souff's with the lure of playing fullback .. he had Eric Sims at Redfern and no chance of replacing him due to the Laters goal kicking .. and with Batty coming to the end of his career ... Ken Arko told him he was a shoo in for the #1 jersey

History will record that before the ink was dry on the contract a young bloke called Wombat Eadie blew them away ...

Poor Branno just had to suck it up ... and collect 2 premierships as a centre ...

From that day, any player, manager, mommy or daddy that think that any coach when selecting a team would give 2 shakes of a rat's bottom about any promise made by a CEO about what position you will play is window licking bonkers.

Or like having your Dad wrangle your club for assistant coaching gig, muff your contract negotiation, burn bridges at other clubs, apologise to your club, and then sit next to you at the media conference announcement of your re-signing?

Liam was a halfback and was better than Pearce in the juniors. Pearce played 5/8th with him at Asquith. Keiran played a bit of fullback at the magpies too
Thanks for jogging my memory @KNUCKLES
I was hazy on the postitions but I knew he wasn’t a 6 growing up. Didn’t he play a bit of lock too?

I believe that this report 1st came from the annals of Booze Rothfroth!

He wouldn't remember if he paid for the lead, or was given a can of Fosters.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6