Samuela Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Really looking forward to watching big Sam go about his business on Sunday. And what better way to start first up than the struggling Tigpies.

Man the Des haters love a dig. If I recall he let Api go in favour of young stabby. Schuster got his stripes. Koula got his start. Hamole got his chance. Vega made his debut. Albert Hoppa made his debut. Young Fulton got a start.
Most of those players that got that start was due to injuries.

Fainu to start and Bully back to the bench might be part of the last-minute mastermind game day reshuffle.

At the beginning of the Bulldogs game I think it was ... the commentator said that the #14 man had started the game at hooker ... and the 9 was on the bench ...

A discussion was then had .. that stated that this unannounced change counted as an official interchange .. and that Bulldogs now had one less ... this was confirmed later by the sideline reporter ....

Harsh, and seemingly unimportant ... BUT ... The bookies and the NRL do not like silly buggers with team lists ...

Samuela dosent much look like a hooker of this modern era. But I do recall his brother Sione had a run at hooker in last years a trial. What about in the juniors did Samuela ever slot in at dummy halves or five eight?

PS Poor little kids running around in the juniors.
Has never played hooker, can play middle and edge

At the beginning of the Bulldogs game I think it was ... the commentator said that the #14 man had started the game at hooker ... and the 9 was on the bench ...

A discussion was then had .. that stated that this unannounced change counted as an official interchange .. and that Bulldogs now had one less ... this was confirmed later by the sideline reporter ....

Harsh, and seemingly unimportant ... BUT ... The bookies and the NRL do not like silly buggers with team lists ...
Maybe they didn't confirm the change an hour before the game, I thought it's Ok to change up until then.

I think many remember Des’ reluctance to make that happen. He was often forced into some of those debuts due to injury. I vaguely remember Big O only getting a run due to injury.

To be fair , every single one of those mentioned only got their start due to the fact Des had no choice.

We all ( well most) respect Des for his endeavours but one of his good ( and very bad at the same time ) traits was his loyalty through thick & thin.

You virtually had to retire or leave the club to lose your spot.

Fulton only started due to the Rainbow 7
Perhaps but I look at it as when Player X is ready he gets his chance.

For every Hamole there's an Albert Hoppa. This place was in contortions at points as to why the next great hope wasn't getting a run. Fast forward to the big chance and the Kid crashed and burned to the point that he was let go and is only now getting a run in the Faders due to the injury of first-choice players.

I'd also say that many of our young gun players were not signed to long-term deals back in 2019/2020 and if you put your best young talent in the window they get snapped up by other sides pretty fast... I feel that the right decisions were made at the time because if I look at our side today we have the majority of said young guns in the side, playing great and signed to long-term deals..... perhaps the plan worked out in the end eah?

I give you the @Tigers as evidence. they are quick to promote young players into the fg side only to see them plucked away before they have the cap room to secure them long-term.

Stmerge game. a blunder made by Hook.

Perhaps but I look at it as when Player X is ready he gets his chance.

For every Hamole there's an Albert Hoppa. This place was in contortions at points as to why the next great hope wasn't getting a run. Fast forward to the big chance and the Kid crashed and burned to the point that he was let go and is only now getting a run in the Faders due to the injury of first-choice players.

I'd also say that many of our young gun players were not signed to long-term deals back in 2019/2020 and if you put your best young talent in the window they get snapped up by other sides pretty fast... I feel that the right decisions were made at the time because if I look at our side today we have the majority of said young guns in the side, playing great and signed to long-term deals..... perhaps the plan worked out in the end eah?

I give you the @Tigers as evidence. they are quick to promote young players into the fg side only to see them plucked away before they have the cap room to secure them long-term.
That's where teams like the Broncos and Penrith have such a big advantage, they don't have this problem. They have such a big pool of young bulls always coming through all keen to play with their idols. It's no big deal losing potential star players when theirs a truck load waiting in the wings ready to take their place.

For every Hamole there's an Albert Hoppa. This place was in contortions at points as to why the next great hope wasn't getting a run. Fast forward to the big chance and the Kid crashed and burned to the point that he was let go

According to some comments in the linked threads (which I find believable), he was made an offer by the club, but that offer was rejected... ergo he wasn't let go.

I did have a look at some of the old threads and it's an interesting read.

we've all moved on, I guess, but annesley said it didn't cost them an interchange but the nrl knobs will look at it after the game.

“There’s a bit of misunderstanding about this,” Annesley said.

“They weren’t docked an interchange. They still go their normal number of interchanges.

“It becomes a breach of our rules, which is dealt with separately post-game,” Annesley stated.

“Andrew Abdo will have a look at the circumstances around that and we’ll get some more details on how that happened, and then a decision will be taken in the normal course of events about the reasons why the rules were breached.

“A determination will then be made whether they’re issued a breach notice and an associated penalty that goes with that.”

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7