Samantha in strife (and medical retirement rorts)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There is an easy fix to this. The NRL could have an independent medical assessment done on every contract they register. Flag any existing injuries as unacceptable for medical retirement. Anything new qualifies for a payout. Simple and transparent. Too late for Brett and Steve but at least makes it fair moving forwards.

There is an easy fix to this. The NRL could have an independent medical assessment done on every contract they register. Flag any existing injuries as unacceptable for medical retirement. Anything new qualifies for a payout. Simple and transparent. Too late for Brett and Steve but at least makes it fair moving forwards.
Players signing their supposedly final contract will always be selfish and would want the longest term possible, and clubs in fear of losing that player will usually accede to his demands in fear of losing him.
The only solution to this is for the NRL to use the decision of the players' insurance company as to whether the player has suffered a catastrophic injury and is eligible for an insurance payout.
If the insurance company won't pay, then the club is still bound by the terms of his contract and still has to pay him, which will then have to be included in the salary cap.
You can't have a situation like the one with Watmaugh were there was no insurance payout yet the NRL gave the Slime salary cap relief.
A situaton like the one Jharal Yow Yeh had, certainly deserves a payout and salary cap dispensation.

Retired NRL champion Sam Burgess is accusing his father-in-law of fabricating claims he was intimidated by the former South Sydney football star.

Mitchell Hooke - father of Burgess’ wife Phoebe - successfully applied for an apprehended violence order against his son-in-law following an alleged domestic incident at a property near Bowral in October.
Hooke alleged he was intimidated by Burgess and NSW Police subsequently charged the footballer.
On Wednesday, the AVO was mentioned in Moss Vale court where Burgess did not appear, but was represented by his lawyers.
Burgess’ lawyers ‘strenuously deny’ the allegations, according to a Nine Network reporter.
His representatives claim Mr Hooke ‘made false allegations’, telling the court ‘there was no threats, no violence’.
Burgess will face court in December for the charge of intimidation.

Retired NRL champion Sam Burgess is accusing his father-in-law of fabricating claims he was intimidated by the former South Sydney football star.

Mitchell Hooke - father of Burgess’ wife Phoebe - successfully applied for an apprehended violence order against his son-in-law following an alleged domestic incident at a property near Bowral in October.
Hooke alleged he was intimidated by Burgess and NSW Police subsequently charged the footballer.
On Wednesday, the AVO was mentioned in Moss Vale court where Burgess did not appear, but was represented by his lawyers.
Burgess’ lawyers ‘strenuously deny’ the allegations, according to a Nine Network reporter.
His representatives claim Mr Hooke ‘made false allegations’, telling the court ‘there was no threats, no violence’.
Burgess will face court in December for the charge of intimidation.

Just having big Sam standing opposite being upset would be considered intimidating!!

Interestingly Cronk has been signed in a coaching role at Easts which I find quite suspicious ... , I'd think his "coaching" salary should be added to the salary cap.

Just like Inglis' bs "ambassadorial" position is a joke, he's already sold out of Coogee and has been virtually unsighted at the Bunnies.

Sam has 25% bone density in his shoulder and this has only just been discovered? Give me a break. Todd only has 25% bone density in his spine by the looks.

The NRL's treatment of my hero Matai, along with club legends Snake and Watmough were despicable.

Anyone remember how they allowed Fa'oso play on with a broken neck? What??? Talk to me about their care of player welfare ...

The salary cap is a joke and needs to be cleaned up. V'landys over to you?
GI was at crescent head last week, so I guess he’s gone home. Good luck to him.

Sam Burgess in talks over new 10-year deal with South Sydney, report

Sam Burgess in talks over new 10-year deal with South Sydney, report

WRITTEN BYSPORTING NEWS
FACEBOOKTWITTEREMAILCOPY LINK

Sam Burgess is reportedly set to extend his stay at South Sydney for another decade in a new-look role with the NRL club.

As first revealed by The Daily Telegraph, the Rabbitohs are preparing a 10-year offer to the 30-year-old that would see him take on an administrative role.

----
Another GI scam of clearing the Cap and still paying a player @:mad:

No doubt another example of “consistency is over rated “ by the incompetent fuk wit running the NRL
I look forward to when after multiple premierships for TT and JT ,they are in the same position as grub Samantha and the NRL extend the same latitude to Manly .
Might happen so long as that bald headed cock is no where near the scene of his previous crimes
Go Manly

The Penn’s legal team should investigate the Stewart / Matai medical retirement decision & intrinsically compare to the Inglis, Matulino, Watmough, Gillett, Burgess etc. situation & approval for medical retirement & if anything seems untoward make a claim against the NRL for reimbursement of monies paid to both our boys. An extra million would be quite a bonus for the club!

The NRL is expected to approve his medical retirement by the end of the week.
Outside of the new job at Souths, Burgess also recently signed a new commentary deal at Fox Sports.
When contacted on Tuesday, Burgess, who was photographed looking fit during a swim at Coogee Beach, said he couldn’t discuss his contract negotiations.
“There’s nothing official to say just yet,” he said. “We are working through the deal at the moment and I am excited at the prospect of developing further skills off the field.”

"Expected to" it's ****ing inevitable.

Outside of the new job at Souths, Burgess also recently signed a new commentary deal at Fox Sports.
When contacted on Tuesday, Burgess, who was photographed looking fit during a swim at Coogee Beach, said he couldn’t discuss his contract negotiations.
“There’s nothing official to say just yet,” he said. “We are working through the deal at the moment and I am excited at the prospect of developing further skills off the field.”

Just on the bigger issue ..... were they the worst pair of budgie smugglers the world has ever seen on a grown man ..... WTF ....

Can I ring South's and say I'll take the job for half the dosh?
$180k per year to be "trained" in admin sounds good to me, no wonder Sam's always smiling.
Who else is promised a job for 10 years that they have little to no idea about and get paid $7000 per week?

On top of the job they created for GI that's a lot of $$$ they're paying out for sfa.

Yep, the salary cap works and all clubs are on an equal footing.... oh look, a flying pig!

Inarticulate commentator with a heavy accent is just what Foxtel subscribers want @:rolleyes:

NRL corruption at its finest. Greenberg and his cronies make the robbery division who worked out of Darlinghurst police station under Roger Dodgerson seem comparatively clean.

Where’s the ICAC when you need them?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4