Salary Cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's much easier to spread the cap now that $850K won't be taken up by AFB next season.

That's the biggest injustice on our cap, paying that much to a headcase that spends 50 mins on the field each week.
I do wonder what was behind the mad rush to go was and his whole attitude about leaving Manly means based on his Instagram posts as reported here.

I think regardless of his reported 850k, Manly will be screwed over because his actions make it impossible for him to stay and every club will know that.

My bet is that we will end up paying some of his 850k because it would just derail the side if he didn't go after what has gone down. He's from the jungle, not humble. Unfollowed Manly and the team, he can't come back and it will cost the cap.

Just because we disagree with you occasionally Harry it doesn’t mean you have to go.

remember it’s a forum , everyone has different views.
Spot on. I disagree with you @Harry Smith on the DCE matter. But that’s just life. You are obviously an intelligent young bloke Harry,and the forum needs guys like you to contribute and keep ST going into the future.

I do wonder what was behind the mad rush to go was and his whole attitude about leaving Manly means based on his Instagram posts as reported here.

I think regardless of his reported 850k, Manly will be screwed over because his actions make it impossible for him to stay and every club will know that.

My bet is that we will end up paying some of his 850k because it would just derail the side if he didn't go after what has gone down. He's from the jungle, not humble. Unfollowed Manly and the team, he can't come back and it will cost the cap.

Good call Jacinta. My understanding is the club is asking for a $250K differential in our favour. It may well be the impossible dream but seriously players have to learn there are consequences for their actions. On the other note got to admit I'm happy to see him go as I think that game time moving forward will be diminished moving forward because of his size and knees and not offering value for money. I think we have seen his best.

Letting Api go was always going to be a mistake. Losing AFB is similar disaster. He had a contract and should've been made to honour it.

Problem is, despite his undoubted skill as a prop, AFB never struck me as a particularly mature type of bloke.

He'd spit the dummy and play like crap to spite us I'd imagine.

I am not too upset he has left. Not the type of player to build club culture around....

He is reportedly on 850k and slightly more next year. The Worriers have apparently tabled a $2.5M plus 3 year deal so that would cover his contract with us and we should not have to pay any of his freight.
Is there ever any real transparency on what he gets signed for and what if anything we cover. Does a manager talk it up to add to that contract value. I wouldn't be surprised if managers add $$$ to clubs offers to up the value of their stable and their income.
I didn't know we were paying anything for Api.
Do any of us really know what every player gets apart from the Golden 3.

He is reportedly on 850k and slightly more next year. The Worriers have apparently tabled a $2.5M plus 3 year deal so that would cover his contract with us and we should not have to pay any of his freight.

Just once I would like to see a player change clubs for "family reasons" or "personal reasons" actually take less and prove that's the reason why.

The NRL need to put a stop to this rubbish. They need to put in place a rule that says that any new contract cannot be for any more than their current standing contract for the length of that original contract, whether that be 1 season or longer remaining.

AFB ups and leaves. Somehow the Warriors still have 850k in the cap to offer him (makes me think this has been in the works for a while). Sure, it frees up 850k for us. But to chase who? We haven't been in a position to offer any off contract players a deal cause we didn't have the money. Now all the good ones are signed for next season, and we lose a quality player. Lose/lose for us.

Here is a theory. Des has front loaded The turbo bros contracts for 2019 & 2020 knowing we were a couple of years off a premiership window, hence why we haven’t bought any valuable players and look to be playing with a team of reserve graders and allowing us to pay the turbo bros more in the first couple of years. Allowing us to free up money & spend big in the later years of their contracts when everything starts to click. ‍

Last edited:
Not so, AFB is the one who wants to leave, we're not the ones who told him to look elsewhere, so he gets no top up from us if his future contract is lower.

AFB is doing a Watmough and burning the bridge on his way out of town. At least Choc had somewhat earned the right to be a dickhead and be upset due to his contribution over his career. Addin is an immature, childish, fool that has delivered nothing to the club except a few brilliant performances. No doubt he is an outstanding player however he is an equally outstanding dckhead. If he goes to NZ Nathan Brown will not be able to manage his massive ego and if Warriors lose RTS they will fall back into the sleepy warrior ways. Good luck Browny you are going to need it.

I find it a touch amusing that AFB cops it repeatedly for being 'gangsta' but now he is selfish, immature, ungrateful and greedy when he decides to get out of Sydney so his kids don't grow up in the same culture he did...
Good luck to him... it aint easy to change your horizons and i hope it works out for him... damn sucks to see him go tho and there are a few that I'd like to see on the plane with him...

I find it a touch amusing that AFB cops it repeatedly for being 'gangsta' but now he is selfish, immature, ungrateful and greedy when he decides to get out of Sydney so his kids don't grow up in the same culture he did...
Good luck to him... it aint easy to change your horizons and i hope it works out for him... damn sucks to see him go tho and there are a few that I'd like to see on the plane with him...
Spare me the rubbish about his kids, There are more dodgy gangs in Auckland than there are in Sydney and his wife has said she knew nothing about any move. He has clearly fallen out with Des, probably for being told to pull his head in, so he has thrown his toys out of the pram and got his manager to seek a release. If you believe this is about a move away from Sydney for his kids you have rocks in your head. That "not a sydney club" caveat has been put there to annoy him, because that was part of his weak excuse for a release. Warriors will spend overs to get him and after seeing how he is carrying on vaping and unfollowing the club, I am glad to see the back of him now. No Dckiheads policy in full effect. Loved him as a player but won't be shedding any tears over him.

Last edited:
I don't think NZ is all pure and magnificent in terms of a new horizon. They have their own issues over there with culture and unemployment. If it was so damned wonderful, there wouldn't be more NZer's living here than there.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2