Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think there is momentum building to get rid of Greensprog. For mine his handling of the Lodge registration has been a disaster. He has ruffled too many feathers because of his deceitful arrogance.. The fact that the media are now attacking him on matters of his past is conduct will bring to light his hypocritical persecution of our club. The media are a bunch of piranhas and when they sense blood they will go in for the kill. Show no mercy...

He mentions who he has to report to.
My hope is that beattie hates the smell of the sh*tburger on the top shelf of the fridge he's just inherited.
Throw the pr*ck out.

Might complicate further Manly retention and recruitment plans in the short term but if there is a dubious and adverse outcome for Manly , maybe the club could issue a court injunction against the ruling to then enable and facilitate some proper judicial attention and scrutiny on the whole matter . Wonder also if Kelly and Bare will be just be collateral damage to the whole issue and how they will fare .

No doubt Todd has his agenda and this wont help matters to be totally honest.

Gotta say though, Im not a fan of defending ones self by bringing up other cases of wrong doing.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

Unless the other wrong is the identical thing the person is trying to slam you for!!
And I think this is what the club is trying to highlight...that Manly is being unfairly targeted.
If its true then we could be in serious trouble if the NRL does have an agenda against us and the club needs to start fighting back before it's too late - queue conspiracy theory:
Expansion plans have been on the radar again this season and the NRL/Super league's plans for this have always included reducing the number of Sydney teams to keep the overall team number from getting to high. With the lowest number of member, an aging and a poorly accessible stadium (from the city) and pulling back from any commitment to the central coast we are number one with a bullet to be moved on from Sydney (or the comp), I suspect there a a couple of others on the hit list as well. But we are one of the most successful clubs in recent times and we are still able to secure the required sponsorship and funding despite the constant negative press surrounding the club. As soon the wheels start to wobble financially I have no doubt the NRL will jump in to offer the club a deal to secure its position in the competition.

I am more concerned about the outcome than at any other point after reading Turd's latest comments.

He is being pushed into a corner and that's when animals like him are most dangerous.

You can't threaten a psychopath.

I actually don't think it is in the club's best interests to throw sh#t at Greenberg unless they definitely DO have something rock solid on him. Otherwise he will just dig his heels in and drag it out longer. Maybe it is all bluster, but he doesn't seem overly concerned judging by some of his quotes.

I regards to our future, the only thing we have going for us is we are the only club with a presence in northern Sydney. This is a great opportunity but we aren't doing anything at all. We have no future if we are stuck in a niche market on the northern beaches. Are we intimidated by Florimo and the Bears still? Why can't we embrace the whole north shore and perhaps play some games at North Sydney Oval? Is rugby league dying on the northern beaches? Rugby union seems to be remaining strong and AFL appears to be growing. I don't live in the area anymore so can someone confirm this? Warringah and Manly seem to get decent crowds and the Shute Shield grand final crowd at North Sydney Oval looked great

Our inability to grow our membership base is a massive concern as well. 11,000 is terrible, only ahead of the Titans. We have been trying to get to 15,000 for years! I fear for our long term future...

Not sure there is much in this thread that is in any way anything but pure speculation. The simply truth is that Greenberg can do whatever the hell he likes. I'm almost certain there is a clause in the Clubs NRL agreement which says court is not an option. Add to that the fact that Courts aren't about justice, right and wrong but rather who can pay.

Not sure there is much in this thread that is in any way anything but pure speculation. The simply truth is that Greenberg can do whatever the hell he likes. I'm almost certain there is a clause in the Clubs NRL agreement which says court is not an option. Add to that the fact that Courts aren't about justice, right and wrong but rather who can pay.

If there is an agreement in place that prevents clubs taking the NRL to court, then I feel for the clubs. That is almost dictator-ish. To what extent does that apply.

If the NRL have screwed up this investigation, the club should have a right to sue the NRL, or have a right to appeal any decisions. Which means a court likely needs to be involved.

The NRL is a professional organisation, and any other company as part of another professional organisation would sue if their brand was damaged, or treated unfairly.

This is about to get very messy.

Let's also not forget that it has been reported that Manly are only likely to be facing a fine and/or salary cap reduction. It is also rumoured we are operating with a smaller cap because of the concerns related to the investigation.

We just beat parra 54 - 0 with a smaller cap. The sky is not falling down.

Our main concern is retention in 2019 if we are successful.

If there is an agreement in place that prevents clubs taking the NRL to court, then I feel for the clubs. That is almost dictator-ish. To what extent does that apply.

If the NRL have screwed up this investigation, the club should have a right to sue the NRL, or have a right to appeal any decisions. Which means a court likely needs to be involved.

The NRL is a professional organisation, and any other company as part of another professional organisation would sue if their brand was damaged, or treated unfairly.

This is about to get very messy.

I would imagine that decisions made by the NRL around it's operation could only be appealed to the NRL itself and the ASC. Those decisions would not be appealable in a civil court of law.

Brand damages caused to Manly Warringah Sea Eagles by the NRL would not be a civil case issue against the NRL if the NRL owns that brand...as they say they do.

I think any legal reparations sought would need to be addressed via a different route...restriction of trade etc.

I would imagine that decisions made by the NRL around it's operation could only be appealed to the NRL itself and the ASC. Those decisions would not be appealable in a civil court of law.

Brand damages caused to Manly Warringah Sea Eagles by the NRL would not be a civil case issue against the NRL if the NRL owns that brand...as they say they do.

I think any legal reparations sought would need to be addressed via a different route...restriction of trade etc.

That makes sense, but if the NRL are the ones making questionable decisions, what avenues are available for appeal? What power does the ASC have?

Restriction of trade, etc... are interesting avenues, but they are more compensatory, rather than overturning a decision made by the NRL..

Last edited:
if the NRL are the ones making questionable decisions, what avenues are available for appeal?

Restriction of trade, etc... are interesting avenues.

The Australian Sports Commission would be the only avenue for appeal, apart from the NRL itself I imagine.
Unfair practices claims would also be directed to the ASC.

Restriction of trade etc, could be civil cases.

The Australian Sports Commission would be the only avenue for appeal, apart from the NRL itself I imagine.
Unfair practices claims would also be directed to the ASC.

Restriction of trade etc, could be civil cases.

Fair Enough.

I guess we will find out soon (well mabye, if toddles keeps dragging things out).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4