Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Todd has set up a news conference tomorrow at 11.55 pm to announce the appeal findings. He plans to talk for 6 minutes then take questions
Stuff that. And Piss off Todd.
I want to hear directly from the ex-Supreme Court judge who chaired the appeal panel. Wouldn't everyone, including league fans at large, not just Manly?
If there is any credibility to the salary cap let's hear it from someone with a reputation for integrity, because no-one will believe anything Greenberg says anyway.

Highflier

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Todd has set up a news conference tomorrow at 11.55 pm to announce the appeal findings. He plans to talk for 6 minutes then take questions
Sorry is that for real?surely not !since when does a judge leave it to one of the parties and a biased and compromised party( f@&) face bald headed c@&$ Greenshyte) at that , to announce the ruling of an appeal?
If that is the case then the emporer truely cannot see he has no clothes , when everyone else can see that the absolute power this grub has purloined has absolutely corrupted this process and the NRL
Disgusting if true
Go Manly forever !!!!in spite of u Green knt!

Simonmyers11

First Grader
If Toddy did lose you'd have to think there'd be an inquisition in how he went about his investigation. This would pretty much confirm that he has an agenda against us.

With the extra $330k, it might be that we can't spend it on a new player on the roster but can use it to forward pay an existing player from the roster. I hope that's the case. Otherwise we only end up saving the fine and the $330k for next year, all because of the NRL's incompetency at understanding their own damn salary cap.
Be surprised if we won the appeal but your right, even if wedid won our season was already destroyed by it. With that extra 330k, we probably sign pearce and a have a totally different season.

Even with The Gross Greenberg and the amateurishness that is the NRL, I'm actually still pretty shocked that this wasn't resolved before June 30.
Signed, Pollyanna
Couldn't agree more. If this doesn't stink of a blatant sabotage to our great club and our team, then nothing does.No chance to sign anymore players before today, come on really. And no other clubs in clubland can see this or they can but choose not too. Rugby League is dying a slow death in my eye,s under these 2 clowns running it. What a shame.It used to be a great game

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Out of the three man appeals committee, I didn't hold much hope for the 2 NRL lapdogs to be fair and unbiased but was hoping that a Judge would actually review and rule in an unbiased manner.

However, from about a week ago it was becoming clear that even if Manly got an 'all clear', time had all but run out to arrange any signings before June 30.

I can't help think that's it's been a deliberate attempt to stifle Manly no matter which way the appeal was ruled. - Take away the time before June 30.

It's quite disgraceful, especially from an 'honourable judge.'

I get the feeling that Manly won't be given leave to appeal and Manly will want to move on. So there have probably been some meetings to agree on the wording post decision so everyone saves a bit of face.

Manly are possibly hoping that the Judge says something like: We agree Manly have declared all payments to players but there has been technical breaches of the process which can't be ignored.

The Nrl then hope Manly will respond with something like: We thank the review panel for agreeing with our declaration that we haven't overpaid players. We accept their findings that our technical breach wasn't deliberate. We also accept our role in this matter and have pledged to do better.
It is now our intention to put this matter behind us and work towards re-building a stronger Manly team.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
You had me there Wheel, that’s what happens when you throw out a bit of red meat laced with Greenshyte !!!!!
Go Manly
I didnt think so, as If something was about to happen at Manly, Bulldog Ritchie would be in the know first.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12