Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Historically that has never really been seen as a problem for a league administrator!
Even dishonesty, a la K Humphreys, was accepted with a shrug and a 'Oh well, what's for dinner?"
It is Greenberg's manner & style which has him counting numbers.
And hopefully he's off to parliament or the Olympics or something soon before the game hits some tipping point from which recovery is impossible.

I have said before .... beware the Ire of politicians ..... if he publicly paints Beattie into an embarrassing public corner again ..... he is doomed ...

Sea Eagles salary cap drama close to an end

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Manly CEO Lyall Gorman.

THE Sea Eagles salary cap breach saga that has been hanging around the neck of the club for nearly three months finally looks set to reach a conclusion.

In March the club was fined $750,000, with $250,000 suspended, and had a total of $660,000 taken off their salary cap this season and next season after the NRL found they were guilty of salary cap breaches.

The Sea Eagles applied to appeal the sanctions and are seeking to have those penalties overturned.

Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn has been adamant his club has not paid one cent more than the contracted amounts to players. And Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman said: “We expect that it is going to be in front of the tribunal in the next two or three weeks and that will be it.

“It will be resolved one way or the other.

“That will be a good one to move on from.”

The hearing, before an independent panel, will firstly decide whether Manly have grounds for appeal. If they do, the panel will rule whether the club’s appeal has been successful.

The whole episode has impacted on the club’s planning and recruitment of players.

Gorman has also addressed the rumours that explosive prop Marty Taupau could be leaving the club.

While both coach Trent Barrett and Taupau have flatly denied the speculation, it has resurfaced once again.

“I don’t know where that has come from,” Gorman said.

“I’ve been approached by no other club and l’ve had no discussions with Marty.”

http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manl...cle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2018/06/20&entity=ar05205

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Manly CEO Lyall Gorman.

THE Sea Eagles salary cap breach saga that has been hanging around the neck of the club for nearly three months finally looks set to reach a conclusion.

In March the club was fined $750,000, with $250,000 suspended, and had a total of $660,000 taken off their salary cap this season and next season after the NRL found they were guilty of salary cap breaches.

The Sea Eagles applied to appeal the sanctions and are seeking to have those penalties overturned.

Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn has been adamant his club has not paid one cent more than the contracted amounts to players. And Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman said: “We expect that it is going to be in front of the tribunal in the next two or three weeks and that will be it.

The hearing, before an independent panel, will firstly decide whether Manly have grounds for appeal. If they do, the panel will rule whether the club’s appeal has been successful.

The whole episode has impacted on the club’s planning and recruitment of players.

Gorman has also addressed the rumours that explosive prop Marty Taupau could be leaving the club.

While both coach Trent Barrett and Taupau have flatly denied the speculation, it has resurfaced once again.

http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/TranslateArticle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2018/06/20&entity=ar05205
Off topic I think we should nickname Lyle, sensei or splinter. Because he looks like master
Splinter from the ninja turtles :)

Toddy's writing his anti-Manly speech so he can soak up the glory as he tells his journo friends and hoards of brainless Manly haters that our club doesn't have the right to appeal against the almighty NRL and their bald dictator. How dare those Sea Eagles challenge a dictatorship.
Manly fined an extra $100k.
Toddy gets a woodie while the cameras click.
#bagmanlyandtalkupthegame
Closest competition in the world isn't it?
lololol. Top four then daylight.
Bunch of wankers!
I should go to work now.

Toddy's writing his anti-Manly speech so he can soak up the glory as he tells his journo friends and hoards of brainless Manly haters that our club doesn't have the right to appeal against the almighty NRL and their bald dictator. How dare those Sea Eagles challenge a dictatorship.
Manly fined an extra $100k.
Toddy gets a woodie while the cameras click.
#bagmanlyandtalkupthegame
Closest competition in the world isn't it?
lololol. Top four then daylight.
Bunch of wankers!
I should go to work now.

Someone better warn those kids today! Lots of detentions coming methinks.

As if the review committee has not had enough time to consider the appeal . Strange situation and one would assume that if the club had already received the decision , it would have been released by now . or Toddy would have already informed his press stooges of any outcome.

Easy to see what will happen. The NRL will play a swifty and give their decision after 30 June. At that time they will reduce Manly's penalty to a warning, but because it will be after June 30 we wont be able to add to our playing stock for this year with the extra $350,000. That way they will appear the good guys and to have appeased while at the same time blocking Manly from any additions this year.

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

Manly CEO Lyall Gorman.

http://newslocal.smedia.com.au/manly-daily/TranslateArticle.aspx?doc=NLTMLD/2018/06/20&entity=ar05205

So that sounds like to me that the club is going to cop it on the chin should they lose the appeal.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11