Salary cap not balanced

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We pay DCE about 14% of our cap, Tom about 12%, Jake about 9%, so after that 35% is spent we have to somehow put together another 27 quality players needed to win a premiership with about 6 million. Good luck with that. That is my point.

Roosters have Tedesco, Cordner, Crighton,
Newcastle. Pearce,Ponga,Klemmer
Cowboys. Morgan, Holmes, Taumalolo
Broncos. Milford,Bird, Boyd
Titans. Boyd,Taylor, Cartwright
Cronulla. Johnston. Moylan, Dugan.
Melbourne. Smith, Munster, Bromwich

You could do that with every team.. Give us an example of a quality team that has won a premiership, and by your definition. A team that hasn't got just as much or close to, tied up in three or four players.

Roosters have Tedesco, Cordner, Crighton,
Newcastle. Pearce,Ponga,Klemmer
Cowboys. Morgan, Holmes, Taumalolo
Broncos. Milford,Bird, Boyd
Titans. Boyd,Taylor, Cartwright
Cronulla. Johnston. Moylan, Dugan.
Melbourne. Smith, Munster, Bromwich

You could do that with every team.. Give us an example of a quality team that has won a premiership, and by your definition. A team that hasn't got just as much or close to, tied up in three or four players.
Gee, I guess you missed the point buddy..or maybe even mean't to.

Every team you mentioned have the availability to TPA's far greater than we do. NO team pays their players solely with cap money. We have probably the least access to TPA money and therefore can't "stack" our reserves with big money players, aka the Rorters.

BTW, Taylor is the only one in the Tits team on money matching any of our 3 and ALL the other teams you mention have a $12 million plus roster. The Rorters roster must cost 13 or 14M.

Gee, I guess you missed the point buddy..or maybe even mean't to.

Every team you mentioned have the availability to TPA's far greater than we do. NO team pays their players solely with cap money. We have probably the least access to TPA money and therefore can't "stack" our reserves with big money players, aka the Rorters.

BTW, Taylor is the only one in the Tits team on money matching any of our 3 and ALL the other teams you mention have a $12 million plus roster. The Rorters roster must cost 13 or 14M.

Looking at this list doesn't add up.

Screenshot_20200717-184249_Chrome.jpg

So that would suggest most of cherries contract is included in the cap as i know there are a few cars getting about which would be a big part of manlys 148k

So that would suggest most of cherries contract is included in the cap as i know there are a few cars getting about which would be a big part of manlys 148k
Our TPA assessment is probably the only true one. If all were to be known the Rorters must be in the 3M region.

Example: Ryan Hall must be on 600k+ to be a last dip replacement factored in to play a game or 2 per season.

It's an absolute scam.

If we had a fair dinkum administration the Rorters will be relieved of their "back to back" premierships, but instead they may even be heralded as the first club to 3peat.

It's disgusting.

Yeah all very well on paper guys but did we really NEED to pay Jake such overs?

BTW Chuck, Jake is nowhere near being the best player in the NRL.

We pay DCE about 14% of our cap, Tom about 12%, Jake about 9%, so after that 35% is spent we have to somehow put together another 27 quality players needed to win a premiership with about 6 million. Good luck with that. That is my point.

Tom obviously. And yes we had to pay Jake to keep Tom. Not rocket science. Jake also starts for Australia and NSW last time I checked.

Most clubs aren't much different.

Not meaning to harp on this topic but I am concerned whether the people in charge of our cap and TPA prospects (prospects because we are not allowed to be involved...unlike other clubs) really understand how to balance the total possible monies available to fund a premiership campaign.

I'm guessing that we are fielding a 30 man squad with between 1 and 2 million dollars less than the top 5 or 6 teams we are competing with to win a premiership. That type of money buys a LOT of quality roster.

Do we have people involved that really understand our financial position and are capable of spending all our possible money in the best way possible or are we not being professional enough and just spending with our hearts and hoping?

Are we spending the money to have these vital people as part of our team?
I just can't see that we are.

If we are not utilising all our possible/probable funds effectively we are turning up to to a shlt fight dressed as a turd.

Not meaning to harp on this topic but I am concerned whether the people in charge of our cap and TPA prospects (prospects because we are not allowed to be involved...unlike other clubs) really understand how to balance the total possible monies available to fund a premiership campaign.

I'm guessing that we are fielding a 30 man squad with between 1 and 2 million dollars less than the top 5 or 6 teams we are competing with to win a premiership. That type of money buys a LOT of quality roster.

Do we have people involved that really understand our financial position and are capable of spending all our possible money in the best way possible or are we not being professional enough and just spending with our hearts and hoping?

Are we spending the money to have these vital people as part of our team?
I just can't see that we are.

If we are not utilising all our possible/probable funds effectively we are turning up to to a shlt fight dressed as a turd.

Scott Penn living in NYC has done two things,

1) given more control to the CEO.

2) but ( possibly , not 100% sure) given us less chance of attracting TPA sponsors as he’s not moving in those circles any longer.

There’s no doubt we can’t compete with the Nick Politis’s of the world and they will always have a plethora of star players so we just have to work better at picking the right juniors and bringing them up through the system and using their talents before they get multi million dollar offers from Uncle Nick.

Also remember it must be really frustrating for players to be bought and then stacked up in reserves and only used when there’s an injury so perhaps for some ( not all) money isn’t everything.

Shock Horror ...........Fox reporting Roosters looking into signing SBW lololol. Now that’s a salary cap well managed Lolol.

As you can't hold a ESL and NRL contract simultaneously... SBW may not want to terminate his 5 mill per year contract to get a couple of hundred thousand playing some games in Australia.

Plus - not that long ago he had surgery
Plus - only had a couple of esl games this year
Plus - NRL harder than ESL so may not want to throw himself back into that immediately
Plus - still needs 14 day isolation so that's 2 of the 10 games out
Plus - has a young family, may just want to be with them and keep training.
Plus - will possibly have to do another 14 day isolation when he leaves Australian shores.

So... it's far from a done deal in any way, shape, or form.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4