Walker cleared to play.

Haha! Oh man.....are you saying that I'm James Gates?

Still.......you should never mind the evidence on the matter if it doesn't fit your personal worldview, right? That in itself is taking omphaloskepsis to a whole new level! For someone that says/has said he works in the field of law....I find it disturbing that you have a habit of simly brushing facts that don't mesh nicely with your ideas. However....considering you work/worked in the field of law.....that is probably a flaw in my own ability to perceive. Your reaction should be expected.

@:p

The footy forum is awesome! Keep it coming peeps!!!!
Funny... I have only just experienced something very similar Moz. I recently engaged in a conversation/debate/argument with a very good friend of mine regarding a certain conspiracy. He wasn’t able to present me with one single fact to back up his stance. And he wasn’t prepared to even acknowledge any of the facts that I had to back up mine. Oh well.

Haha! Oh man.....are you saying that I'm James Gates?

Still.......you should never mind the evidence on the matter if it doesn't fit your personal worldview, right?
Are you talking about the 'evidence' relating to Walker's premiership ring? or the evidence you previously referred to suggesting that the universe is a massive hologram?
And if the latter, please note holograms are not permitted to post on this site!

IMO young Walker is at a cross road and he needs to get it right this season. It’s time for him to stop sledging and let his football do the talking. He has a lot of talent but it is being lost behind the nonesense.
If Dessie did pick up Walker from the Police station that leads me to think Dessie wants Walker around and will assist him in any way possible to come through this mess and turn the corner.

Dessie is very loyal and has time for all the players but if you back stab him once or take him for granted i suspect there will be no second chances.

If Dessie did pick up Walker from the Police station that leads me to think Dessie wants Walker around and will assist him in any way possible to come through this mess and turn the corner.

Dessie is very loyal and has time for all the players but if you back stab him once or take him for granted i suspect there will be no second chances.

Also he knows the centres cupboard is bare :giggle:

N R L can not really impose any sanctions on Walker while there is a Hearing ? in late February pending , similar to De Bellin "s position no doubt so i guess that the discretion continues to be with Manly . Be interesting again to be aware of Walker "s reaction after his partner hit the ground and his level of remorse and sorriness response.. Not that familiar with the scope of common assault charges or something of this nature but if rated on the lower end of the spectrum , while serious , would not seem to qualify as a sackable offence

Also he knows the centres cupboard is bare :giggle:
Dessie is a smart operator and knows how to work loyalty to his advantage in the medium to long term.

This is why so often Dessie didn't drop players during the early years---(yes some loyalty is forced due to cap restraints)

Sometimes loyalty is a sign of weakness,laziness and stagnation, other times it works wonders for both sides.

PS (Loyalty usually means you get ripped off financially in return for convenience/simplicity and stability)

"Look for some late player movements." Zorba says some clubs could have up to $800,000 to spend in the cap should some players be sacked given pending court proceedings.
of players g

Given that there are 4/5 players facing more serious charges than Walker ... could be a couple of players sacked .... may be an issue getting them registered by the NRL if they are sacked ....

Still can't see Walker being sacked ..... he is still living with his partner for goodness sake .....

of players g

Given that there are 4/5 players facing more serious charges than Walker ... could be a couple of players sacked .... may be an issue getting them registered by the NRL if they are sacked ....

Still can't see Walker being sacked ..... he is still living with his partner for goodness sake .....

Pretty broad statement from Zorba, like fishing with a cast net.

of players g

Woodsie, its the off season, and the media often struggles for news stories when the game is in hiatus. Rugby League Players Days of Our Lives and The Young and The Restless is always popular if they can dig deep enough through good hearty voyeurism. Human nature regrettably. We like to watch

of players g

Means nothing, obviously for whatever reason, [but you do know who the main breadwinner is ], they have patched up their differences, however just because his partner has retracted her statement doesn't absolve him from prosecution if the police think they have a case against him, and obviously they do, due to the fact that they have several witnesses.

Means nothing, obviously for whatever reason, [but you do know who the main breadwinner is ], they have patched up their differences, however just because his partner has retracted her statement doesn't absolve him from prosecution if the police think they have a case against him, and obviously they do, due to the fact that they have several witnesses.

Peter, what the fact that they are living together does mean, especially if they present as a loving couple in the court room ... is the judge will take that into consideration when determining the severity of the charges and sentence imposed if found guilty ..... we can all speculate but until evidence is weighed in court under cross examination we have no idea ...

I know you only mentioned it as an aside, but.. yes, I know who the main bread winner is .... and whilst that may possibly have some relevance .... I also find it distasteful and a slur on his partners character to even suggest without evidence that it is the case in this instance .....

D29D316B-12CD-4096-B744-571840B14342.gif
Me
Ha ha.

Just watched those 3 movies again on SBS last week.

Me too Bob
Pretty cool still after all this time

We may see Don Hasler call in favours from the old family

Mono, Snake ,Donny & I think there will be one more

Wonder if Des gets offers free apples and produce from the fruit shops on the corso

Hey Don Hasler
Take this 100 k for your TPA’s from my family as a mark of respect

Please it would be my privilege Don Hasler

Peter, what the fact that they are living together does mean, especially if they present as a loving couple in the court room ... is the judge will take that into consideration when determining the severity of the charges and sentence imposed if found guilty ..... we can all speculate but until evidence is weighed in court under cross examination we have no idea ...

I know you only mentioned it as an aside, but.. yes, I know who the main bread winner is .... and whilst that may possibly have some relevance .... I also find it distasteful and a slur on his partners character to even suggest without evidence that it is the case in this instance .....

Yes I'm aware that you would know who the main breadwinner is, I'm not disputing the severity of the sentence should he be found guilty, however the NRL has probably drawn a line in the sand, and even a guilty verdict with a suspended sentence, or good behaviour bond may not satisfy the NRL or Sea Eagles management.
So basically, he needs to be found not guilty.

Unfortunately, the fact that they are still living together does not mean much at all. There are numerous (and not just financial) reasons victims will stay in an abusive relationship: https://www.saferresource.org.au/why_dont_victims_just_leave
I don't see the judge the judge giving it too much weight if the evidence supports an abusive relationship. It is worth noting though, that no AVO was issued, allowing the couple to continue to live together. This indicates that the police did/do not believe his partner is currently in danger of serious harm.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the fact that they are still living together does not mean much at all. There numerous (and not just financial) reasons victims will stay in an abusive relationship: https://www.saferresource.org.au/why_dont_victims_just_leave
I don't see the judge the judge giving it too much weight if the evidence supports an abusive relationship. It is worth noting though, that no AVO was issued, allowing the couple to continue to live together. This indicates that the police did/do not believe his partner is currently in danger of serious harm.

Agree as far as stats show .... however a judge is well aware that stats of abuse in one relationship is not evidence of abuse in another ... apparently an AVO was issued by the police ... and was not retracted but amended to allow them to co-habitate ... sounds like either a duty of care or face saving excercise by the police to me ... or both .... however I do maintain that presenting as a couple and loving parents without drama since the event will do them a lot of good on the day in court ....

Nah ! He’s gone!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2