• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The only reason manly beat the warriors was because suli was injured. We went from conceding 40 points a match to 12 because manly put a center there who can defend.
Makes me wonder if the only reason Suli was there was due to Walker being at fb. Walker and Parker I believe are Des preferred starters on the depth chart. Suli was slightly in front but has now fallen behind Harper on the chart. He’s likely slightly ahead of Funa now. Might be wrong.

The only reason manly beat the warriors was because suli was injured. We went from conceding 40 points a match to 12 because manly put a center there who can defend.
Still not sure if Harper is a good defender - think he needs some work. But he is quicker off the mark - more laterally mobile and seems keen - even if he misses a tackle - he bounces up wanting to make amends. Plus I think he will prove to be great value in open play whereas Suli is a power player and will try and run over/smash through a defensive line. Harper just might be better suited all round to today's quicker game. I do worry about his defence though.

I don't consider Harper a good defender yet, he made a poor read last week on RTS which saw the warriors score their first try. Suli is a confidence player and he has been out of sorts and his effort has looked down. In respect of his attack he often makes the mistake many bigger boys make trying to run over the top of defenders rather than hitting gaps but in saying that he has not been given much quality ball and he would benefit running outside of some one like Schuster who could put him into gaps. In respect of his defence Suli looks to lacks the ability to make good early reads and his lateral movement is often slow or late. These things can be remedied but there is no point putting outside of Sirro and wondering why he doesn't do anything in attack.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Harper is great either but I know one thing, he's committed and wants to take his chance to crack it in first grade and will put in 100% effort. That's not universal in this team.

A bit of fitness and enthusiasm and ability to do the team things is a start. Harper's got his chance now and who knows he might just take it. Only one way to find out.

I think Suli is a luxury player. If your team is playing well and playing on the front foot so to speak and he gets in attacking positions he's dangerous...... but on the flip side if your team generally struggling and he is put in defensive and workrate positions he's a liability. It's obvious which scenario we have been in all year.

I don't consider Harper a good defender yet, he made a poor read last week on RTS which saw the warriors score their first try. Suli is a confidence player and he has been out of sorts and his effort has looked down. In respect of his attack he often makes the mistake many bigger boys make trying to run over the top of defenders rather than hitting gaps but in saying that he has not been given much quality ball and he would benefit running outside of some one like Schuster who could put him into gaps. In respect of his defence Suli looks to lacks the ability to make good early reads and his lateral movement is often slow or late. These things can be remedied but no point putting outside of Sirro and wondering why he doesn't do anything in attack.
Young Harper had a poor read coming in on Rts however he had a much better workrate than Suli.
Moses does not push up in defence

With the cap being tight

It is imperative that we make the most of our cap and get players who give us value for money that give us the results on the field

We have not been getting results on the field as a result of under performing players who have not being able to compete against quality opposition

Suli is one of those players that are not making an impact and a difference at the moment

At the end of the year our players and coach will be accountable where we are placed on the NRL ladder and after accountability there are consequences that they must face if they do not live up to our legendary clubs high standards

THIS NRL LADDER REPRESENTS SULI AND ALL HIS UNDER PERFORMING MANLY MATES

2021 LADDER​

TeamPWDLPDPts
1Panthers550011410
2Roosters5401948
3Rabbitohs5401838
4Dragons5401428
5Eels5401368
6Storm5302706
7Titans5302456
8Raiders5302136
9Sharks5203184
10Warriors5203-94
11Knights5203-194
12Broncos5104-592
13Tigers5104-662
14Cowboys5104-1012
15Sea Eagles5104-1212
16Bulldogs5005-1400

This NRL ladder represents Under performers

Under performers who TRY hard but they do not have the quality in them to score winning TRIES

Under performers who have been great in the past but are past it

Under performers who are on big coin but are not giving us value for money

Under performers are not putting in 100%

All players futures will be determined at the end of the season
And where our Great club ends on this NRL Ladder

The moral of the story
LIVE UP TO YOUR GREAT CLUBS HIGH STANDARDS
OR GO AND WASTE YOUR TIME ELSE WHERE !

2021 LADDER​

TeamPWDLPDPts
1Panthers550011410
2Roosters5401948
3Rabbitohs5401838
4Dragons5401428
5Eels5401368
6Storm5302706
7Titans5302456
8Raiders5302136
9Sharks5203184
10Warriors5203-94
11Knights5203-194
12Broncos5104-592
13Tigers5104-662
14Cowboys5104-1012
15Sea Eagles5104-1212
16Bulldogs5005-1400

Both have positives and negatives. I would say both need to work in their defence reads, maybe that comes with playing more consistently with the players next to them and more confidence, better understanding and communication.

I wish Suli had Harpers enthusiasm, that would go a long way to improving him. Then he does show glimpses of what a machine he can be when he is switched on and fired up. He really needs to have a look at how Matai developed as a player. Did a lot of the hard running out of trouble and from dummy half and came in field looking for a hit up

It's a sad point in time, as Suli was turning into a player late 2019 where you were almost shouting out "Just get the ball to Suli"
The bloke was almost Jona lomu like skittling players like U'8s including good defenders from sharks and Souths where he basically gave Manly the advantage off his own back.
This showed what he is capable of and though some very lazy and uninvolved games previously, this form had fans forgiving and more excited with what was to come.
Unfortunately like most Manly players, his 2020 form was flat at best and as Manly capitulated, Suli almost hid back in the corner rather than getting more involved and did not use his big frame powerful frame to try fight Manly out of trouble, when as a key player who has the ability to change a game on his own, simply done the "Chuck Norris" and went missing in action.
I hate to see a talent unable to reach their potential, but I feel he has been given a Massive opportunity at Manly and he has not taken it....the sad part is, he has unlimited abilty, but lacks the competitive nature to cash in on it...and I'm starting to doubt if he ever will.
Always been a Suli fan, but if not a HUGE improvent when he gets back in 2021, it's time to move him on swiftly.
There are plenty of talented speedsters coming through the Manly system who would be hungry and have plenty of ability and maybe only an opportunity away from becoming the answer.

It's a sad point in time, as Suli was turning into a player late 2019 where you were almost shouting out "Just get the ball to Suli"
The bloke was almost Jona lomu like skittling players like U'8s including good defenders from sharks and Souths where he basically gave Manly the advantage off his own back.
This showed what he is capable of and though some very lazy and uninvolved games previously, this form had fans forgiving and more excited with what was to come.
Unfortunately like most Manly players, his 2020 form was flat at best and as Manly capitulated, Suli almost hid back in the corner rather than getting more involved and did not use his big frame powerful frame to try fight Manly out of trouble, when as a key player who has the ability to change a game on his own, simply done the "Chuck Norris" and went missing in action.
I hate to see a talent unable to reach their potential, but I feel he has been given a Massive opportunity at Manly and he has not taken it....the sad part is, he has unlimited abilty, but lacks the competitive nature to cash in on it...and I'm starting to doubt if he ever will.
Always been a Suli fan, but if not a HUGE improvent when he gets back in 2021, it's time to move him on swiftly.
There are plenty of talented speedsters coming through the Manly system who would be hungry and have plenty of ability and maybe only an opportunity away from becoming the answer.
Defensively he very poor that's what hurts him

THE REALITY OF OUR COACHES AND PLAYERS PERFORMANCE
IS MEASURED BY THEIR POSITION ON THIS LADDER

THEY HAVE ONLY TWO OPTIONS
THE ONLY WAY IS UP
OR OUT TO FIND ANOTHER CLUB

OUR PROUD AND LEGENDARY CLUB SHOULD NOT BE DRAGGED TO MEDIOCRE LEVELS BY MEDIOCRE PEOPLE

2021 LADDER​

TeamPWDLPDPts
1Panthers550011410
2Roosters5401948
3Rabbitohs5401838
4Dragons5401428
5Eels5401368
6Storm5302706
7Titans5302456
8Raiders5302136
9Sharks5203184
10Warriors5203-94
11Knights5203-194
12Broncos5104-592
13Tigers5104-662
14Cowboys5104-1012
15Sea Eagles5104-1212
16Bulldogs5005-1400

Defensively he very poor that's what hurts him
Though this is true, I have seen him make some great 1 on 1 stops including the only tackle he basically made against Penrith on their most explosive runner kikau and stopped him in his tracks, then basically stand still and watch the world go by on several other occasions the very same game....but your 100% spot on as shown in almost every game he plays...my point is - tackling is an effort thing, where energy and commitment are key factors....and this is exactly what he lacks...

NEVER SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN HIGH EXPECTATIONS AND HIGH STANDARDS

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE RESPECT OF OUR LEGENDARY CLUBS PROUD HISTORY AND MAINTAINING ITS HIGH STANDARDS
1614679861235.png

Both have positives and negatives. I would say both need to work in their defence reads, maybe that comes with playing more consistently with the players next to them and more confidence, better understanding and communication.

I wish Suli had Harpers enthusiasm, that would go a long way to improving him. Then he does show glimpses of what a machine he can be when he is switched on and fired up. He really needs to have a look at how Matai developed as a player. Did a lot of the hard running out of trouble and from dummy half and came in field looking for a hit up
spot on

Great analysis

Des moved TRex to backrow and it worked wonders. I feel there are similarities between he and Suli in terms of attitude and involvement. Maybe Suli in the 2nd row could force him to be less complacent? Though, he is certainly not worth 550K, and not only is a poor defender, he has 0 ball playing skills

Though this is true, I have seen him make some great 1 on 1 stops including the only tackle he basically made against Penrith on their most explosive runner kikau and stopped him in his tracks, then basically stand still and watch the world go by on several other occasions the very same game....but your 100% spot on as shown in almost every game he plays...my point is - tackling is an effort thing, where energy and commitment are key factors....and this is exactly what he lacks...
He biggest issue is lack of urgency, the tries down his side v dragons where so poor. I prefer he pushes up hard and gets beat with a cut out pass to winger rather than him simply leaving a hole in line

He biggest issue is lack of urgency, the tries down his side v dragons where so poor. I prefer he pushes up hard and gets beat with a cut out pass to winger rather than him simply leaving a hole in line
That's what annoys me...it's not such a bad read - more a lack of intent....he does not make "any" decision and get up and crush the likely ball recipient, due to your point it also effects his winger, as they will mirror the centre and if he jams up hard, they will too...making that cutout pass under pressure (low percentage) and more often than not, turn the play into an error, or simply a crunching shot that shuts down the play.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8