Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Firstly there's no baloney in having standards, all Winners set standards and are not happy unless they hit those standards.

Like I stated, Seibold is doing ok,
I agree that we all set different standards and high standards are important to set so we can strive to achieve our high feat

The high standards Perspective ....
Doing ok in the English dictionary means Not Bad
When you dont make the top 8 it is Not Good...... and it fails the high standards category

Last season Seibold did not get his team into the top 8 and this season his team is currently also out of the top 8 and TWO YEARS IN A ROW FAILING TO BE IN THE TOP 8 is Not Good its Not OK .
Its Bad News for the club. the proud and Passionate supporters and for the head coach.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Firstly there's no baloney in having standards, all Winners set standards and are not happy unless they hit those standards.
1 thing right is positivity not contributing to success, but acceptance to mediocrity.
The cranky school teacher like Des who ripped off a door seemed to work..
As does Bellamy slobbering like a bloodhound seems to work.
Like I stated, Seibold is doing ok, but needs to add a tougher edge when the going gets tough or expect the same mediocre results or worse.
I think it’s baloney because I believe we do have standards. Seibs doesn’t have to rubbish his players in press conferences to demonstrate them. It’s happening behind closed doors where it matters, not media conferences and supporter forums.

Also, Seibs can only be himself. I don’t want him ripping doors and kicking chairs if it’s not his go. Ivan Cleary doesn’t carry on and he’s won the last three comps.

I’m not buying into this narrative that’s being spun on the forum, because it’s baseless.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I agree that we all set different standards and high standards are important to set so we can strive to achieve our high feat

The high standards Perspective ....
Doing ok in the English dictionary means Not Bad
When you dont make the top 8 it is Not Good...... and it fails the high standards category

Last season Seibold did not get his team into the top 8 and this season his team is currently also out of the top 8 and TWO YEARS IN A ROW FAILING TO BE IN THE TOP 8 is Not Good its Not OK .
Its Bad News for the club. the proud and Passionate supporters and for the head coach.
Your a favourite of mine here Bozo
Pretty much FEEL your love for this almighty club
And things like STANDARDS and ACCOUNTABILITY resonate with me big time.
I still feel Seibold deserves a bit more time to prove himself and has some good attributes as a coach, I really feel once Tom comes back we are close to a Top 4 contender if we add that bit of toughness

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I still feel Seibold deserves a bit more time to prove himself and has some good attributes as a coach, I really feel once Tom comes back we are close to a Top 4 contender if we add that bit of toughness
You know a club can have standards and accountability and still miss the top 8 because there are 16 other teams competing right?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The fact is we all love people that are similar to us and this is why us passionate Manly people love our club and each other my feathered friend maxta
Proud and Passionate Manly people love Manly winners and if our head coach wins a Manly Premiership we will love him too
The only way to passionate Manly peoples hearts is by Winning for Manly
Losers Degrade our club and we dont approve of our Legendary club being degraded

Jamie Lyon the ex eel became a Loved Manly Great Winning Legend
1718435541363.png

Hertera

Reserve Grader
To suggest we have standards and accountability is laughable. We are letting in almost 23 points per game with no improvement seen.

Show me a team with some pride in their line and Seibold can stay but he hasn't show any interest in fixing the issues.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
To suggest we have standards and accountability is laughable. We are letting in almost 23 points per game with no improvement seen.

Show me a team with some pride in their line and Seibold can stay but he hasn't show any interest in fixing the issues.
There is one thing having standards and another thing being competent to meet those standards

Manly people dont like losing and i can emphasise with you frustration feathered friend
Its a long time between Great Manly premiership wins

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Marquee, or players trending UP. Let's look at say (as example) our last 20 signings (to have played 1st grade) that aren't juniors coming through:

1. Tommy Talau
2. Jaxson Paulo (reserve grade)
3. Nathan Brown (injury prone)
4. Luke Brooks
5. Matt Lodge (injury prone)
6. Dean Matterson (reserve grade)
7. Jakob Arthur (reserve grade)
8. Ben Condon (reserve grade)
9. Samuela Fainu (gone)
10. Aaron Woods (reserve grade)
11. Kelma Tuilagi (gone)
12. Cooper Johns (gone)
13. James Roumanos (gone)
14. Ray Vaega (reserve grade)
15. James Segeyaro (gone)
16. Pio Seci (gone)
17. Ethan Bullemor
18. Christian Tuipulotu (gone)
19. Karl Lawton (going)
20. Jason Saab

Tell me, Disco, out of those 20, who is either marquee, or trending up? How's the strike rate been the last 10 years? How has that positioned us on average over that span? But now you're talking up Schoupp and Simpkin?

Firstly, I'm not defending anything, I'm talking our current recruitment and retention, what we are doing now, not what we did 2 or 3 years ago. I made my thoughts known at the time of each of those signings.

That list is a but haphazard IMO, Fainu was brought through, Vaega was not a signing. Segy, Roumanous, Matterson, Seci not top 30 signings.

But lets get your thoughts on some of them

We became much faster around the ruck. I love Croker. But I do think Karl should be 9

Love, love, LOVE your thinking mate !! No idea why we aren't giving Ray Vaega a go either tbh. Also Segeyaro for a shot.

There's hope for next season with some fantastic buys in Paulo / Brooks

Players who improved / impressed: Koula (hooly Dooly), Saab, DCE (amazing), Paseka, Olakau'atu, Burbo, Bullemor (was awesome this season)

Players who were a pleasant surprise: Sipley's improvement, Jakob Arthur (want him in the 17 next season - love him)

The metrics literally show James is a MUCH better prospect than Fainu (in both running metres and tackles) per minute. Boys and girls, we've just had a massive upgrade on a player we were all hurt to lose.

I have NO idea why we acquired Talau?

We have:
01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Tolu Koula
04. Reuben Garrick
05. Jaxson Paulo

But then: 06. Christian Tuipulotu, 07. Ray Vaega, 08. Brad Parker, 09. Tommy Talau, 10. Clayton Faulalo, 11. Matterson.

My view: we should have kept Tuipulotu,

Below on Paulo

Thanks mate - same with you.

I think this kid could be anything. Okay, he's young and raw, but I see a bit of Latrell Mitchell in him. Get some Ennis, Snake, Dymock, Siebold into him, he'll come REAL good I reckon. We'd be beast on both wings

Don't forget Jake Arthur, kid could literally be anything.

He was like a shot of adrenaline exactly when we needed it, so kudos to Siebold for bringing him on at that exact time as well .

Nathan Brown is a beast. This is as good as I've ever seen him, against possibly the best pack in the entire league.

Mate, not sure if you missed, but I agree, and wrote that Talau, Brooks, Brown have been great, Waddell good,

Absolutely good **** with Jason Saab guys. Absolutely rate the fella.

5. Play Bullemor WAY more

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Firstly, I'm not defending anything, I'm talking our current recruitment and retention, what we are doing now, not what we did 2 or 3 years ago. I made my thoughts known at the time of each of those signings.

That list is a but haphazard IMO, Fainu was brought through, Vaega was not a signing. Segy, Roumanous, Matterson, Seci not top 30 signings.

But lets get your thoughts on some of them

Below on Paulo

Consistency is overrated

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I think we went through this earlier and learned those teams with higher standards made the top 8 right ??
the 8 teams that win the most games make the top 8…what a club is and is not willing to accept is a completely different concept. You can have high standards in terms of work ethic and discipline and still get beaten by a number of other variables that are independent of ‘standards’; like the bounce of the ball, roster talent, injuries, and the list goes on.

The way you and Bozo talk about standards and accountability is very simplistic…almost like if Seibs just logged into the forum and read some of your posts, he would realise how foolish he’s been in his pitiful approach to coaching. He just needs the ‘will to win’, a cup of concrete, and some match highlights from 2008 and the results will turn 😂

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
the 8 teams that win the most games make the top 8…what a club is and is not willing to accept is a completely different concept. You can have high standards in terms of work ethic and discipline and still get beaten by a number of other variables that are independent of ‘standards’; like the bounce of the ball, roster talent, injuries, and the list goes on.

The way you and Bozo talk about standards and accountability is very simplistic…almost like if Seibs just logged into the forum and read some of your posts, he would realise how foolish he’s been in his pitiful approach to coaching. He just needs the ‘will to win’, a cup of concrete, and some match highlights from 2008 and the results will turn 😂
The way you talk about accountability and standards would have coach Barrett licking his lips 😅
As far as Seibold reading my posts, I reckon would see it complimentary , just an opinion of improvement which is what a footy site should be or why have it ?

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

No worse than "weapons", "breaking out of the pack", "the Manly Way" or whatever other bullsht buzzwords Seibold treats us sausage roll eaters to every press conference.....in fact one might think it's infinitely better. At least our posters are actively agitating for a change in approach.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What troubles me is that this side loses games it should win and defensively out wide we are aweful. These issues have not been fixed. Another problem is we can’t string together a series of back to back wins. Is that the coach’s fault? I believe the buck stops with the coach.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16