Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Ideas for Siebold:

1. Jake is not a lock
2. Garrick back to wing
3. Hope Simpkin works at 9
4. Blood Arthur / Humphreys / Simpkin
5. Play Bullemor WAY more
6. Re-align acquisition / retention
7. Lawton back to NSW Cup
8. Burbo back to NSW Cup
9. Play Arthur in the 13 (we need more speed / skill
10. Humphreys in the 14 - blood him
11. Kudos with Hoppa. Keep him until Turbo returns
12. Talau to centre,way more experience than Garrick
13. Don't extend Woods, Lodge, Condon - we need more pace / mobility.
14. GCKT needs more NSW Cup confidence
15. Upgrade on Waddell, Burbo & others.
16. Must gets: marquee prop. Marquee backrower
1. It's just a number
2. I wouldn't mind seeing the Rubes TT2 switcheroo but doubt it would change much other than TT2 becoming the whipping boy.
3. 👍
4. JA out for 4 months. JH👍 Let him wet his beak at 14 before he has to start next week. JS👍
5. Not an edge and not in our 5 best middles when fully fit IMO
6. Too complicated to discuss here
7.👍
8. For who? Think he has been impressive since returning from injury.
9. Not happening this year and have doubts he could handle the defensive workload of a starting middle forward
10.👍
11.👍
12. Not opposed to this but he only has 13 more games at centre, the bulk of which were more than 3 years ago.
13.👍
14.👍
15/16. Who is available and affordable? Would love a marquee left edge BR to match Haumole but we'd likely have to gamble on someone that has potential rather than a finished product.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seibold has Manly playing some good footy....but a little like his nature, there's still a softness to the team that shines brightly in the tighter games, when we seem to fold before the opposition when in an arm wrestle or under pressure....with the gutsy win at home vs Storm the exception.
I get everyone is frustrated with Manly not leading the comp undefeated, but this 'soft team that folds under pressure' is simplistic in my opinion.

Our win v Storm the exception? So you think we folded in big games v Penrith and Chooks? That we won! Or in the historic Las Vegas game, coming from behind 3 times against a side (then) one of the premiership favourites? How about in the tight games v Eels and Titans at Brookie? Manly didn't fold.

Assuming there is no accountability is also simplistic. Accountability is effected behind closed doors during the working week, every week, not at a 4 minute post-game presser. Seibold has made tough calls on our roster, and he's also dropped players. As for players lacking 100% commitment, toughness and desperation... I simply disagree! The only Manly player who could be questioned in that regard was cut from the club despite being on a big contract.

I think some fans underestimate just how tough, and how even, the NRL is this year. Broncos have lost 7 games! Roosters have lost 6!! Manly has lost 6! Storm are leading the comp with only 3 losses - one was to Manly!

None of this means I believe Manly will win the comp this year, I see positions that need strengthening in our top 17, plus in squad depth, but both are already better than last year. And we still might win! :) Our best performances have certainly been high quality.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Isn’t it the other way around …. Teams in the top 8 want to keep their coach … teams in the bottom 8 are looking for a magic solution being, it is easier and cheaper to sack a coach than 17 players!

Just sayin’
I am not sure what you meant by the other way around
But the only way to keep our jobs is to perform to expectations and a top 8 spot is expected for teams that have a top 8 roster
As I said before
We all either exceed expectations and over achieve
We met expectations and Deliver
Or We fail Expectations and fail to produce the goods
Now the players have a duty of accountability but its the Coach who is accountable for his players and his teams results
The fact is When you bring in a Good operator you bring out the best out of your players
Wayne Bennet for example is coaching a new team in only its second year in the comp and has them overachieving in the top 4
Great coaches are the Magic solution as they comes with Winning solutions and Deliver
And Great coaches dont come cheap . They cost you more than the ones that have yet to deliver a title .

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I get everyone is frustrated with Manly not leading the comp undefeated, but this 'soft team that folds under pressure' is simplistic in my opinion.

Our win v Storm the exception? So you think we folded in big games v Penrith and Chooks? That we won! Or in the historic Las Vegas game, coming from behind 3 times against a side (then) one of the premiership favourites? How about in the tight games v Eels and Titans at Brookie? Manly didn't fold.

Assuming there is no accountability is also simplistic. Accountability is effected behind closed doors during the working week, every week, not at a 4 minute post-game presser. Seibold has made tough calls on our roster, and he's also dropped players. As for players lacking 100% commitment, toughness and desperation... I simply disagree! The only Manly player who could be questioned in that regard was cut from the club despite being on a big contract.

I think some fans underestimate just how tough, and how even, the NRL is this year. Broncos have lost 7 games! Roosters have lost 6!! Manly has lost 6! Storm are leading the comp with only 3 losses - one was to Manly!

None of this means I believe Manly will win the comp this year, I see positions that need strengthening in our top 17, plus in squad depth, but both are already better than last year. And we still might win! :) Our best performances have certainly been high quality.
You need to cut that out right now.

I demand you start complaining about impossible hypotheticals this instant!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I dont think that fans dont acknowledge just how tough and even the NRL is this year
We do know that when the going gets tough the tough get going and the head coach that has his team playing up to standards on a more consistent basis will have his team above the tight competition
A head coach is going is judged by the top 8 Benchmark Ladder Barometer and the ones that have their teams underachieving below the top 8 are more subject to more criticism as excuses do not inspire fans or results but only winning solutions do

I am proud of all the Wonderful and Passionate Manly fans on here that have high standards as our Legendary club was made Great by the Great Manly People that instilled those Great Standards and turned Manly into a Power house club and the Envy of the NRL
Lower our Legendary clubs Great standards and we stand for nothing Great
1718414797736.png

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I dont think that fans dont acknowledge just how tough and even the NRL is this year
We do know that when the going gets tough the tough get going and the head coach that has his team playing up to standards on a more consistent basis will have his team above the tight competition
A head coach is going is judged by the top 8 Benchmark Ladder Barometer and the ones that have their teams underachieving below the top 8 are more subject to more criticism as excuses do not inspire fans or results but only winning solutions do

I am proud of all the Wonderful and Passionate Manly fans on here that have high standards as our Legendary club was made Great by the Great Manly People that instilled those Great Standards and turned Manly into a Power house club and the Envy of the NRL
Lower our Legendary clubs Great standards and we stand for nothing Great
View attachment 27357
I give you credit for your limitless energy in regurgitating this mindless garbage day after day, year after year.
Also thank you for not mentioning testosterone and rape in this post.
Aside from that... meh :)
I agree Seibold is clearly to blame for signing Lodge and Brown instead of Flegler and Fisher-Harris, and signing Brooks instead of Munster, Paulo instead of Cobbo or Deine Mariner, clearly the guy is a fool who doesn't understand footy!
Regardless, I'll continue to follow Manly's fortunes with interest, go Manly!

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I give you credit for your limitless energy in regurgitating this mindless garbage day after day, year after year.
Also thank you for not mentioning testosterone and rape in this post.
Aside from that... meh :)
I agree Seibold is clearly to blame for signing Lodge and Brown instead of Flegler and Fisher-Harris, and signing Brooks instead of Munster, Paulo instead of Cobbo or Deine Mariner, clearly the guy is a fool who doesn't understand footy!
Regardless, I'll continue to follow Manly's fortunes with interest, go Manly!

One mans Garbage is another mans Treasure
One mans fool is another mans Hero
As for all what you say and what you follow is what makes you the fellow that you are and does not define anyone else
Have a Great Day feathered friend

Last edited:

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member

I thought you may disagree and go for the predictable cliche, by picking wins over the other better sides in the comp, but I'll try explain the difference expecting another challenging post.
The Penrith game Manly were on top from the outset actually winning contacts and contests across the field.
Penrith were not really in it - Manly dominated from the start so didn't get to a "tough" game
Roosters were clunky and it was simply Roosters outdone by the better team.
The Melbourne games however was far different....they had all the momentum, calls and for the final 15 minutes Manly dug deep and had a gutsy win against the odds
Manly held their line with heart not shown in the other games and showed way more resilience to get the 2 points....unlike the other games....unless we talk about Roosters having 1 last minute of side to side footy and a last ditch crap kick that went to Vaega.
And the soft stuff, we'll check the results after giving up big leads as I don't want to break it down more for you

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I thought you may disagree and go for the predictable cliche, by picking wins over the other better sides in the comp, but I'll try explain the difference expecting another challenging post.
The Penrith game Manly were on top from the outset actually winning contacts and contests across the field.
Penrith were not really in it - Manly dominated from the start so didn't get to a "tough" game
Roosters were clunky and it was simply Roosters outdone by the better team.
The Melbourne games however was far different....they had all the momentum, calls and for the final 15 minutes Manly dug deep and had a gutsy win against the odds
Manly held their line with heart not shown in the other games and showed way more resilience to get the 2 points....unlike the other games....unless we talk about Roosters having 1 last minute of side to side footy and a last ditch crap kick that went to Vaega.
And the soft stuff, we'll check the results after giving up big leads as I don't want to break it down more for you
What is the moral of your story here feathered friend maxta :) ?

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What is the moral of your story here feathered friend maxta :) ?
The moral of the story is about mental fortitude and is like this -

Games we should have won with dominant leads and gave it up = soft

When opposition get in an arm wrestle if attrition we are first to fold = soft

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The moral of the story is about mental fortitude and is like this -

Games we should have won with dominant leads and gave it up = soft

When opposition get in an arm wrestle if attrition we are first to fold = soft
Thank you feathered friend
Your moral of your story was very well poetically executed

Ryan

Journey Man

Are you asking us to be satisfied with 11th - 13th? Because we beat Storm? And the competition is tough ? It's tough for 16 other teams as well.

But here we are, 10 years in the making, averaging 10th / 11th over that span. And it's simplistic to suggest we are soft you say ? I think it's prudent tbh. Defense sets the tone for many things, i.e. willingness to fight with and for each other, mental toughness, intensity, effort. Most other things fall off the back of that. Soft is the perfect analogy of this playing group, because our defense is laughable.

Like you appropriately say, everyone's entitled to their opinions. But I just can't get my head around all the satisfaction, contentment, and with some, even praise for our position and situation? It defies belief for me. We've become a club encumbered by excuses makers and excuse providers, and excuse acceptors.

BUT, here we are. Could finish 13th at rounds end. I just struggle to find the positives in that. But I'm sure there will be plenty here to share.

LeonardCohen

Bencher

I've also noticed the game is officiated in ways that see huge momentum swings and lots of points again (not quite 2021, but close). To see the red hot Sharks side concede 42 points to zip against an understrength Penrith at home, speaks to a pretty crazy climate. I think we're one of the only sides in the competition not to be thrashed badly. The effort is definitely there, I just think our middles are a fair way behind a lot of other sides. We look fairly well coached and purposeful this year but it is a tough competition. This notion that standards and excuses play a role in our current ladder position is baloney. We are out there giving it a red hot crack and sometimes are not good enough but that's not because of something Seibs says in a press-conference or down to his mediocre standards. I'm sure he really wants to win, but acting like a cranky school teacher after the game is not the answer. Also, what's with this idea that the standards of fans on this forum have a bearing on our success?! I doubt my positivity is contributing to our matchplay, but anyway...the ride is enjoyable!

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I've also noticed the game is officiated in ways that see huge momentum swings and lots of points again (not quite 2021, but close). To see the red hot Sharks side concede 42 points to zip against an understrength Penrith at home, speaks to a pretty crazy climate. I think we're one of the only sides in the competition not to be thrashed badly. The effort is definitely there, I just think our middles are a fair way behind a lot of other sides. We look fairly well coached and purposeful this year but it is a tough competition. This notion that standards and excuses play a role in our current ladder position is baloney. We are out there giving it a red hot crack and sometimes are not good enough but that's not because of something Seibs says in a press-conference or down to his mediocre standards. I'm sure he really wants to win, but acting like a cranky school teacher after the game is not the answer. Also, what's with this idea that the standards of fans on this forum have a bearing on our success?! I doubt my positivity is contributing to our matchplay, but anyway...the ride is enjoyable!
Firstly there's no baloney in having standards, all Winners set standards and are not happy unless they hit those standards.
1 thing right is positivity not contributing to success, but acceptance to mediocrity.
The cranky school teacher like Des who ripped off a door seemed to work..
As does Bellamy slobbering like a bloodhound seems to work.
Like I stated, Seibold is doing ok, but needs to add a tougher edge when the going gets tough or expect the same mediocre results or worse.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Are you asking us to be satisfied with 11th - 13th? Because we beat Storm? And the competition is tough ? It's tough for 16 other teams as well.

But here we are, 10 years in the making, averaging 10th / 11th over that span. And it's simplistic to suggest we are soft you say ? I think it's prudent tbh. Defense sets the tone for many things, i.e. willingness to fight with and for each other, mental toughness, intensity, effort. Most other things fall off the back of that. Soft is the perfect analogy of this playing group, because our defense is laughable.

Like you appropriately say, everyone's entitled to their opinions. But I just can't get my head around all the satisfaction, contentment, and with some, even praise for our position and situation? It defies belief for me. We've become a club encumbered by excuses makers and excuse providers, and excuse acceptors.

BUT, here we are. Could finish 13th at rounds end. I just struggle to find the positives in that. But I'm sure there will be plenty here to share.
Win and we will be 7th. No ones saying we don't need to improve but the fat lady hasn't sung on our season yet.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
But here we are, 10 years in the making, averaging 10th / 11th over that span.

We are all different @Ryan
The fact is Only People with low standards are easily satisfied , and people with low standards seem to be Passive people as No Passionate person is satisfied with underachievement's .
The only Satisfaction for Passionate Manly people with high standards is Manly Success

Manly successful Benchmark premiership winning years that define our Legendary clubs Greatness was built by Passionate Manly People with high standards
Those successful Manly Souls are our Five Star High Standard Benchmark of Success
1718432679956.png

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16