Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Are you asking us to be satisfied with 11th - 13th? Because we beat Storm? And the competition is tough ? It's tough for 16 other teams as well.

But here we are, 10 years in the making, averaging 10th / 11th over that span. And it's simplistic to suggest we are soft you say ? I think it's prudent tbh. Defense sets the tone for many things, i.e. willingness to fight with and for each other, mental toughness, intensity, effort. Most other things fall off the back of that. Soft is the perfect analogy of this playing group, because our defense is laughable.

Like you appropriately say, everyone's entitled to their opinions. But I just can't get my head around all the satisfaction, contentment, and with some, even praise for our position and situation? It defies belief for me. We've become a club encumbered by excuses makers and excuse providers, and excuse acceptors.

BUT, here we are. Could finish 13th at rounds end. I just struggle to find the positives in that. But I'm sure there will be plenty here to share.
No I don't ask you to be satisfied with 11th-13th.
And I don't ask you to cheer for soft players who don't give 100% (besides, everyone knows in rugby league you have to give 110%) ;)

Now a question for you... who has more to do with the Bulldog's resurgence: Ciraldo or Arthur Laundie?
Another question: if our pack included JFH, Api, Yeo and Cam Murray, would our defence improve?
And one more if you're up for it (!) ... if Seibold whipped our current players harder at training, and criticised them more at press conferences, would they soon be as good as JFH, Api, Yeo and Murray?

Like you I'm a rusted on Manly supporter but for the sake of our mental well-being I'd hate to see that ruin anyone's week (or year or decade!)

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The Penrith game Manly were on top from the outset actually winning contacts and contests across the field.
Penrith were not really in it - Manly dominated from the start so didn't get to a "tough" game
Roosters were clunky and it was simply Roosters outdone by the better team.
You seem to be answering your own question! Even top teams with great players and highly rated coaches get outplayed at times.
And yes Manly gets outplayed at times, and I wish they didn't!
So Go Manly, its your day so let's thrash Saints this arvo!

What troubles me is that this side loses games it should win and defensively out wide we are aweful. These issues have not been fixed. Another problem is we can’t string together a series of back to back wins. Is that the coach’s fault? I believe the buck stops with the coach.
In most organisations it is the CEO! Who selected the coach? You can’t blame the coach if he has under performing employees, can you ?

Just sayin’

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
You seem to be answering your own question! Even top teams with great players and highly rated coaches get outplayed at times.
And yes Manly gets outplayed at times, and I wish they didn't!
So Go Manly, its your day so let's thrash Saints this arvo!
I didn't have a question, so your a little confused....simply stated the win over Melbourne showed far more resilience than the Roosters or Penrith game.
So can we move on and share the positive about thrashing the Saints today 👍

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Ehhh no credit to Seibold from me today, injuries forced him into playing guys in the right position. Lawton doesn't play back row where he belongs if Waddell and Garrick don't go down. That leads to Simpkin playing 80 which was the best thing that happened today. Garrick going off meant we could put a decent defender in Burbo in centres. And Bullemor doesn't even play if Aloiai doesn't get suspended last week.

Genuinely proud of the effort for the first time this season, I feel we don't have that same feeling without the injuries today!

Ehhh no credit to Seibold from me today, injuries forced him into playing guys in the right position. Lawton doesn't play back row where he belongs if Waddell and Garrick don't go down. That leads to Simpkin playing 80 which was the best thing that happened today. Garrick going off meant we could put a decent defender in Burbo in centres. And Bullemor doesn't even play if Aloiai doesn't get suspended last week.

Genuinely proud of the effort for the first time this season, I feel we don't have that same feeling without the injuries today!
Your taking the p1ss right!

Just sayin’

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
Your taking the p1ss right!

Just sayin’
Not at all. Everyone loved Lawton on here a few years back when he was on the edge, but have been crying for a new hooker whilst he's been there this year. Garrick has been horrendous defensively in the centres this year but that edge was suddenly solid once he went off today. Bullemor is our only middle with leg speed but somehow gets left out for guys like Aloiai and Sipley.

Loved the effort of the 14 guys left out there at the end today, I genuinely don't think we see that if Seibold had a choice.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seibold made a tough call on Koula last week against the Panthers by playing Hoppa at the back, it has been a good decision based on the last two games.

Even to be thinking of moving Turbo to a different position is an indication of how highly he regards Hoppa, I wouldn’t be surprised if he keeps Hoppa there when Turbo returns.

His game plan and tactical thinking of how to beat Penrith has been up there, unlucky last season not to beat them and one from two this season.

He is no coaching mug by any means, hopefully more success this season.

TokyoEagle

Bencher
I have seen enough improvement over the last two years to give Seibold pass marks at this stage. We have to remember that a new coach can only do so much as they are restrained by the cattle they have at their disposal and it takes time to turn over a roster.

I liked the addition of Simpkin today and feel we are a stronger team at this point than when Seibold started in the job. As I said, pass marks here.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Seibold made a tough call on Koula last week against the Panthers by playing Hoppa at the back, it has been a good decision based on the last two games.

Even to be thinking of moving Turbo to a different position is an indication of how highly he regards Hoppa, I wouldn’t be surprised if he keeps Hoppa there when Turbo returns.

His game plan and tactical thinking of how to beat Penrith has been up there, unlucky last season not to beat them and one from two this season.

He is no coaching mug by any means, hopefully more success this season.
Young Hoppa is staying in the side when Tom comes back....u heard it here first ok

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
After yesterday’s game I will reserve judgement until seasons end. I hope we finish the season well and Seibold enjoys success.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
14 8 6 60 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18