Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah I have no idea why our club thought it was a good idea to sack Des with two out of four finals appearances and then to hire a wooden spoon winning coach.

It’s not siebold’s fault he was thrown into this.

Disappointing night for Seibold. This was a chance for him to get one up on the club where it all went to **** for him and we end up copping one of our worst ever losses to the Broncos

Yeah I have no idea why our club thought it was a good idea to sack Des with two out of four finals appearances and then to hire a wooden spoon winning coach.

It's not often Paul Kent is correct.

Scotty Wotty knows Siebold will be a good little yes man. At halftime he was just sitting in the sheds like a mute amateur, watching as DCE addressed the team and Jake ripped into Tom. That's not a coach players want to bleed for. What are all the innovative selections he's tried that old dinosaur Des didn't. At Least Dessie hooked Harder at HT against the Sharks. Parker is a fuken liability. Give Tuipulotu a run at centre or something. The Spoon is out of his depth. He had one okay season with the Bunnies, but given their roster and what Bennet and Demetriou did after him, one might say he under performed.

Last edited:
Listening to the Muppet in the press conference, he is freaking clueless but only one of the many issues in our club.

I see no future with Seibold. It simply can’t get better. We may win some games here and there but at the end of day Seibold isn’t taking us anywhere. Just get it over and done with

He's like a rabbit in the headlights as the press fire questions at him. TBH, I feel sorry for the bloke. Poor bastard will need to book into psych ward at the end of his tenure with us.

Siebold has no game plan. ****ing myth. I said it when they fired Des, that this will blow up badly. Fuse has been lit.
There obviously appears to be a lack of a game plan.
A lot of posters say you can't blame the coach, but I think both Coaches and Players are responsible for that dismal performance.
It is the Coaching staff that arranges video sessions to highlight strengths and weaknesses in both teams and come up with plays to win.
The playing staff need to execute the plan to win.
Somethings gone very wrong here.
All I can say is that I took a family of 5 up to the Game and commuted back to the Gold Coast, after seeing a performance like that, I was embarrassed to be a Manly Supporter. I almost felt like burning my jersey because it appears that a lot of the players or coaching staff seem to have bugger all respect for the jersey. If it doesn't mean anything to them, why should it mean something to me?
That is where Tooves and Des (and Arko) have it over the likes of Barret and Seibold and Penn, they bled for the f@cking jersey and respected it and this rubbed off on the players - until of course some knucklehead decided to mess with the Jersey without consultation.(rainbow round)
Lets not forget as a comparison, the Broncos were wooden spooners n 2020 under Seibold and they got Kev Walters back to coach, who has bled for the Broncos jersey and it is paying dividends for them unfortunately.

No better than Des you say? In Des' s four seasons the team finished top four, got robbed of playing a prelim final, had the worst injury run I have ever seen at a club where we missed the eight, and they were well in contention to play finals (without Turbo) when rainbow gate hit. Siebold has several mountains to scale if he is to get anywhere close to those results. We're getting pumped and Spoony's a flop.
Good points but why would Penn punt Des? I am big Des fan btw but I think in his last 2 years with us he did seem to lose his way as a coach despite some of the setbacks you mention.

Good points but why would Penn punt Des? I am big Des fan btw but I think in his last 2 years with us he did seem to lose his way as a coach despite some of the setbacks you mention.
Simple:

Hasler in that famous press conference in July ‘22, laid the Rainbowgate fiasco squarely at the feet of management. Where it belonged.

‘Squidgy Features’ Penn and his camp followers cannot have that. Nothing is ever the fault of ‘the American’ and his cohorts. Toovey learnt that lesson back in 2015 (in case he didn’t already know).

Everything else was white noise. If they had made the finals Hasler would almost certainly still be there. He was after all under contract for this season. The seven losses in a row gave them a convenient excuse to cover their own dysfunctional shortcomings and sack him.

Last edited:
Simple:

Hasler in that famous press conference in July ‘22, laid the Rainbowgate fiasco squarely at the feet of management. Where it belonged.

‘Squidgy Features’ Penn and his camp followers cannot have that. Nothing is ever the fault of ‘the American’ and his cohorts. Toovey learnt that lesson back in 2015 (in case he didn’t already know).

Everything else was white noise. If they had made the finals Hasler would almost certainly still be there. He was after all under contract for this season. The seven losses in a row gave them a convenient excuse to cover their own dysfunctional shortcomings and sack him.
Yes agree - this is 100 percent accurate.

Des and Scott Penn despise each other.

Earlier in the season after the eels game Penn also publicly criticised Des for his comments against the refs.

It all goes back to 2011 when des left after the GF win. I think Penn enjoyed sacking Des as retribution for that incident.

adding to the dessie and the Penn

dessies locked penn the owner out of the sheds last year mid controversy

regardless of anything, you just cant. it feels good but its going to have consequences. dumb power play

It all goes back to 2011 when des left after the GF win. I think Penn enjoyed sacking Des as retribution for that incident.

The only retribution to any underachieving Manly coach is that they had not made a premiership winning contribution

The Fact is Toovey Barret and Des all failed finals success in their last year before being shown the door

Adversity and Injuries are part of the game
Team Resolution is part of an over achieving coach that flies under the radar and above adversity to win a premiership just like Des at his Peak when he over came club political board room battles and on field Battles at Brookvale .

At the end of every season two things are certain for all coaches
They will find a way and rise above adversity and overachieve
or
They will find excuses for Underachieving

Quote By former Great footy coach
  • Our success has not been a continual series of victories. We have had a number of devastating setbacks; how these are handled is the making of a great team... winning does not happen in straight lines. — Clive Woodward ...
    End quote

End Quote

The moral of the story
For the Great ones Adversity is not the Demoralizing end for failure
Adversity is the Adrenalin for Determination and the ability to find ways for success

Last edited:
Listening to the Muppet in the press conference, he is freaking clueless but only one of the many issues in our club.
this is why Scott Penn hired him .. because they both have no idea.. I dont hate Seibold , but i do Hate our owner with a passion.... we have been a shambles ever since he took over

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8