Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep - would have preferred Davey on 250k, than Tuilagi on at least double that.
100 percent. I was thinking that the other day. Davey was twice the player Tuilagi is on half the coin.

This is a Scott Fulton special deal. I’m not sure the tigers will get the recruitment guru they think they are getting. They will end up like us with an unbalanced roster and all kinds of political side deals.

100 percent. I was thinking that the other day. Davey was twice the player Tuilagi is on half the coin.

This is a Scott Fulton special deal. I’m not sure the tigers will get the recruitment guru they think they are getting. They will end up like us with an unbalanced roster and all kinds of political side deals.
What do you think of Bullemor?

I believe clubs are way too quick to sack coaches in this day and age. So much of a club’s success is tied to other variables, besides the coach themselves. Injuries to key players, recruitment decisions (that are also made by the players, not always the clubs decision), salary cap, form of particular individuals (they aren’t machines and have lives outside footy that impact your on their performance), character of players within the squad, etc.

However, the coach tends to go first because it’s easier than manoeuvring a squad of 30.

Imagine if Penrith sacked Cleary after his poor first year back in 2019? Imagine if the Eels sacked Dalai after their wooden spoon season? They’ve since made a GF under his coaching.

Seibs might not be the answer but given the lack of difference between performances across many coaches at Manly in the last 8 years, I suspect we’ve got bigger issues than finding a decent coach. If We’d kept AFB and Fainu hadn’t been charged, I reckon Des would still be here and we would be challenging for a title. We need cattle and the coaching will take care of itself.

Davey does twice the work for half the price.

Yes he’s been good.
Well he had an ordinary first season at Manly and has been one of the best forwards this season.I am in no way sticking up for Fulton and very happy to see him gone,but it’s a bit harsh to be writing off Tuilagi after only 9 games

Still one of,if not,the fittest player at the club and good enough to play Origin.Until there’s a ready made replacement,why does he need to go?
The problem with DCE is that he rarely seems to create space for the players outside him. As a result, maybe the careers of those players will never fully develop.

I think this post is just a major overaction to the last two games.

We have Seibold as head coach, and he has overall control, and based historically, he probably also controls our defensive patterns, and he needs to change that, as opposition sides are now reading that he sends the winger in to 'crunch' the opposition centre. It works sometimes but doesn't work others and leaves space for the opposition winger. I think Des invented the 'slide defense' (I may be wrong), where you just pushed the other team to the sideline, however, new attacking techniques just foil that, with an inside runner wrong footing those sliding across (Slater is an example).

I'm not sure why, however, one on one defense seems to evaporated.My view is that if you can't defend your opponent, then why the hell are you in the side.

We forget about Dymock, as everyone mentions Seibold and Flanagan. What the hell is Dymock doing? What's his role? It's more likely to be forward attack, which apart from the game against the Storm, has been very ordinary.

I'll give Flanagan his due, as when we have had a consistent backline, which has been rare, we actually look quite good, however, with consistent changes, it's hard to build cohesion and confidence.

Still one of,if not,the fittest player at the club and good enough to play Origin.Until there’s a ready made replacement,why does he need to go?
I agree on his fitness and imagine this will be his last Origin campaign in any case, young Walker is the incumbent for mine, had the chooks been travelling well he might of even got a look in this year, or at worst at 14, still might.
Also I never said he should go, in fact I agree with you until we have a better option, I can’t see why he should go. (which is sad actually)
Thing is, at 35 his best is well gone and while ever he remains at 7, how do we build towards our future, it’s not as if his going to improve or improve our side, his eating up big cap space, had 13 seasons in grade with 2 more to come, well have a 37 year old half, can’t imagine it will be good. Our spine is in a mess, likewise our middles and…….enough.

Souths are a prime example of good management, Ilias over Reyno, (young Katoa for the fins is also killing it, youth) they made the hard decision (yes I know how it transpired) and they are reaping the rewards, building nicely, recruiting nicely, while we continue with little to no upside and recruit like a drunken sailor, it’s very frustrating watching our great club in free fall. Hopefully we’ll have a rather large purge at seasons end and start looking to the future, it kind of hurts that we extended several of the current squad and can’t have a full purge, think we have 11 of contract seasons end, can’t come quick enough, except I miss the footy when the seasons done.

Well he had an ordinary first season at Manly and has been one of the best forwards this season.I am in no way sticking up for Fulton and very happy to see him gone,but it’s a bit harsh to be writing off Tuilagi after only 9 games
Yes fair enough.

Imo Tuilagi wasn’t great at the tigers last year. I watched him quite closely and he was very lazy in defence and was in and out of games. My view was that he was exactly the type of player we don’t want.

However take your point. I also hope he improves and is a success with us.

Yes fair enough.

Imo Tuilagi wasn’t great at the tigers last year. I watched him quite closely and he was very lazy in defence and was in and out of games. My view was that he was exactly the type of player we don’t want.

However take your point. I also hope he improves and is a success with us.
I was hoping Tuilagi was just checked out but he is looking like another one of those tigers forwards that could be someone but dont have the mentality

You mean so nothing different to how the Tigers are now?

Ok with most of those, but you're getting rid of DCE, who's going to be the halfback?
There always a new star out there the secret is being able to see him. DCE has only a few seasons left we need to see his replacement.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8