Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Really don't see the need for the club to be rushed on this. Would be foolish to enter into an extension at this point. The club holds all the cards. What's Seibold going to do...walk?? No chance of that. He needs to just suck it up and get his team playing better and winning. Perhaps this might fire him up a bit??

silver

Reserve Grader
Very simple and short meeting after Round 10. "Anthony, no further discussions are to be held until you make the finals. We've blown significant leads in 4 games, sitting 10th, finals for the second year running appear highly unlikely under your watch and the team is not improving, some players regressing. We'll talk again in October".

Nordburg

First Grader
NRL news: Contract negotiations between Anthony Seibold and the Sea Eagles break down

Contract talks between Manly and Anthony Seibold are ‘on hold’ with the struggling Sea Eagles refusing to be rushed into any extension for the under-fire coach.

by Phil "Hold My Beer" Rothfield

The future of Manly Sea Eagles coach Anthony Seibold is in doubt at Brookvale after a breakdown in negotiations over a new contract.

Seibold is under contract until the end of next season and was in talks for an extension.

However the situation has changed after Manly has lost its last three games and there is talk Seibold walked out of a meeting with the club management on Thursday morning.

“It’s a results driven business and we won’t be rushed,” said one Manly source.

Seibold and his manager Isaac Moses had been in talks with the Sea Eagles for several weeks.

This masthead understands those discussions have now been put on hold.

It is a difficult one for Manly CEO Tony Mestrov because he is so close to Seibold.

“I don’t think it’s an issue because Anthony is under contract for another 12 months,” Mestrov said.

“We will continue to have discussions with his agent at the appropriate time.”

After looking like a top-four contender earlier in the season, Manly has stumbled in recent weeks.

They have lost to the Broncos, Dolphins and Raiders in the last three weeks.

It has been a hugely turbulent period for head coaches in recent weeks following the sackings of Jason Demetriou and Brad Arthur.

This masthead has reached out to Seibold and agent Moses for comment.

We revealed a month ago that Seibold and Manly officials had an agreement to negotiate a new deal after Round 10.

Manly missed out on the finals last year and are now running 10th on the ladder, hence the decision to hold fire on contract extension talks.
What would be funny is if Moses wants to hold the club to ransom if they continue to delay negotiations/extension,by threatening to take his players out of there

Nordburg

First Grader
Really don't see the need for the club to be rushed on this. Would be foolish to enter into an extension at this point. The club holds all the cards. What's Seibold going to do...walk?? No chance of that. He needs to just suck it up and get his team playing better and winning. Perhaps this might fire him up a bit??
Given his past,he should be fired up enough

Ryan

Journey Man
Siebold sounds defeated, and is making up excuses already for tomorrow in today's press conference. Really fills me with confidence hahahaha

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What is it with these coaches? Seibold is already contracted for next season and is pushing for an extension **** me do your job get the team to the finals and than we talk.

He has done nothing with us so far I'm stunned he is contracted for next season. Not surprising he is nervous as Arthur is sacked and Penn wanted him before Des was reappointed so it's not surprising.

It is reported in the Tele article that Mestrov is close the Seibold well Tony needs to do his job or leave and the job at the moment is to say Seibs no extension get this team firing or you will not be coach for next season.
The biggest con in rugby league is the purple patch. Signing anyone during this time is mauve madness. I presumeseibs manager started talks when times were better 5 or 6 weeks back, or maybe they could smell what was a head.

Eagle 1

First Grader
What is it with these coaches? Seibold is already contracted for next season and is pushing for an extension **** me do your job get the team to the finals and than we talk.

He has done nothing with us so far I'm stunned he is contracted for next season. Not surprising he is nervous as Arthur is sacked and Penn wanted him before Des was reappointed so it's not surprising.

It is reported in the Tele article that Mestrov is close the Seibold well Tony needs to do his job or leave and the job at the moment is to say Seibs no extension get this team firing or you will not be coach for next season.
Seib's thinking, I'd better act fast, Arthurs looking like an attractive choice to take over. Watch this space I guess !!

Eagle 1

First Grader
Siebold sounds defeated, and is making up excuses already for tomorrow in today's press conference. Really fills me with confidence hahahaha
I don't listen to that stuff anymore, Siebold just says the same blah blah every week. And as far as the Manly Way goes, they need to find another Way.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I've a feeling (I get these from time to time despite my age and failing senses) that Seibold will be going the same way as Toovey, Hasler and Barrett. Musical chairs, though of course Barrett complained he didn't have one. If Manly fail to make the 8 this year I cant see Seibold surviving.

47MVEagle

Bencher
I reckon that article's a media beat up.

They had a meeting scheduled, they said let's wait & reconvene a few weeks/months down the track & they all walked out of the meeting together when it was over.

Cue the media: A headline of "Seibold Storms Out of Contract Extension Meeting" is watered down to "Seibold walked out of the meeting" in the article.

Hey ! What about if Barrett has a couple of wins with the eels … and parra get a new coach … we could bring back Trent.

Hey I’m just sayin’ !!!!…. We brought back Des didn’t we!

I reckon that article's a media beat up.

They had a meeting scheduled, they said let's wait & reconvene a few weeks/months down the track & they all walked out of the meeting together when it was over.

Cue the media: "Seibold Storms Out of Contract Extension Meeting" & "Seibold walked out of the meeting".
Hey didn’t Des storm out of his contract review meeting too?

We seem to have a few stormin’ Norman’s

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16