[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
At present you are right that there are limited great coaches

Talent is always on the rise and out there some where there are rookies with talent that are bound to rise when given the opportunity .

Des also has the opportunity to make the job his and make History 2008 and 2011 once gain

Interesting times ahead

I was being facetious Bozo ...

As for wanting something better for us, you believe there is someone out there better than Des Hasler out there, I don’t
I would love nothing better than to see a Manly legend like Des go out as a Manly winner

Next Season is a defining moment for Des and next season we will know if we should go and look for some one better

Because we need to be much, much more better than we were in 2022

Respect , and agree , with that comment BUT sorry to say we just can’t rely on Tom, he might only play 3-4 games next year and we are at square one again.

That’s number 2 Elephant in the room.

How much longer do we pay a player a million a season for just a few games.

We ALL love Tommy , when he’s playing he’s in the top 2-3 in the game.

But he is , for whatever reason , very , VERY, injury prone.
So was billy slater for a time...

So was billy slater for a time...
Every player will cop an injury , Slater & Tedesco no where near as injury prone as our Tom.

I think it’s a fair question if say we only get 3 or 4 games from him in 2023.

He will have played not one full season for some length of time.

By the way this is not me piling on Tom, he’s a superstar.

BUT if this continues is he worth a million a year.

Every player will cop an injury , Slater & Tedesco no where near as injury prone as our Tom.

I think it’s a fair question if say we only get 3 or 4 games from him in 2023.

He will have played not one full season for some length of time.

By the way this is not me piling on Tom, he’s a superstar.

BUT if this continues is he worth a million a year.
Mark that is not actually the case

Also missed 2 whole seasons

Slater

2 whole seasons

Tom

2 whole seasons.

I agree if he gets injured from here then yes it is a worry but at this stage he is not more injury prone than the other two

Anthony Minicello had 4 years of spinal and back injuries.
Even Brett Stewart was known to miss the odd game through injury.

Well tbf that view (which I am not saying is wrong or that I do not agree) is predicated on our experiences of Des and Twent...
Who is to say what a Kristian Woolfe, Shane Flanagan or the Walker brothers could do with the squad? KW (as Tonga coach) may be able to actually install some pride in the jersey amongst our heavily Poly group...
True.

But on the other hand they may not.

All conjecture as all we have to compare is Des and Twenty. And given Twenty was bought in as the big white hope look how that worked out.

A good coach ... after 4 full years in charge, going into his 5th, .... would have acknowledged this truth .... AND FUKKIN DONE SUMTING ABOUT IT ...

PSS ... I screamed that last bit ...
WHAT WOULD YOU DO THEN?

Absolutely nothing would be the answer because all you could do would be to get rid of Turbo and no coach is going to do that.

Sure ship him out. Rebuild the side. Take another 5 years to do sweet FA and watch as a competitor lights up the comp.with a Mr Tom Turbo at no.1.....

Another pie in the sky what if unicorns popped out of your butt post....

Infuriating, isn't it. I just don't get people !
It is infuriating isn't it?

Throwing about names of coaches and or players that wouldn't touch Manly in 1000000000 years.

All while kicking the ****e out of our current boss and players.

I don't actually care if Des stays or goes BUT there has to be a better replacement on offer or its all for Nothing.

And please don't say Bellamy or Robinson or Payten for that matter.

ManEagle .. I know that, according to the Latin .. Post hoc ergo procter hoc ... just because b follows a, doesn't mean that a causes b ... but ..

Why does there always . (3 out of 3 at least) . appear to be bitch fighting and power disputes at clubs Dessie coaches at ?
Wow, very profound ...... I like the latin part.

Point is, I agree Des needs to listen to younger assistant coaches and new ideas.
I agree with a lot of your post, but this bit... Ah, always the fascination with youth! And 'new ideas'. Yes the game evolves, and new coaches do come through. But really? Rugby league is still rugby league.

Check out the remaining sides - Yes, one has a 1st year NRL coach – but he’s 46 years old and has been coaching for 12 years. And can you identify any modern changes this young coach has brought in this year? That so clearly distinguish 2022 Souths from the Souths that 70 year-old Wayne Bennett got to the prelim for the last 4 years? (No neither can I!)

And now suddenly into the GF go the Eels - with a 48 year-old, 8th-year veteran NRL coach … who has been coaching for 25 years!

And the current champs have a 17-year veteran NRL coach.

And sides tipped out but expected to do better based on great form earlier in the year had Bellamy (coaching for 27 years, age 62) and Robinson (10-year NRL coach, been coaching for 18 years).

So yes Fitzy and Payten are flavours of the month but they have been assistants for about 12 years. And they succeed because they are good, not because they are young!

(Plenty of boom young coaches don’t succeed… Brennan, Barrett, Morris, Seibold, O'Brien, Holbrook, Kearney, Kevvy ...)
:)

SER8, Rugby League is only the same game in name. It evolves especially when rule changes occur. Its about adapting and some seem to do it well and others dont. Same as in business. Des, I think, is a good coach but I think also as most on here see, is a tendency to remain somewhat intransigent, especially in selections and strategies. Sure that's easy to make such comments from a distance, but sometimes when you're too close to the action you dont see the proverbial forest for the trees. Sometimes fresh ideas are essential. I recall the master coach Jack Gibson would even visit the US to see tactics in other codes to help develop his ideas, Many were quite innovative and risk taking

WHAT WOULD YOU DO THEN?

Absolutely nothing would be the answer because all you could do would be to get rid of Turbo and no coach is going to do that.

Sure ship him out. Rebuild the side. Take another 5 years to do sweet FA and watch as a competitor lights up the comp.with a Mr Tom Turbo at no.1.....

Another pie in the sky what if unicorns popped out of your butt post....

Wonderful reply ... let's take some time and glory in your brilliance ..

You say ... all you could do is get rid of Turbo ... (thank the good Lord you are a long way from Brookie) ... if that is the best you can come up with ...

I say ... A good coach wouldn't be in the situation where he has only one good fullback option ... That having witnessed the drop in win % when Snake was injured, and Tedesco etc ... and given that you have a stable of 30 players for a reason, and that Fullback is a critical position ... I would have ensured that at least one of my 30 was a "ready" to play replacement ... not wait 4 years, and for Garrick to be 2nd rate for 2 years working his way into it.

But then again ... what would the Unicorn in my butt post know ?

Wonderful reply ... let's take some time and glory in your brilliance ..

You say ... all you could do is get rid of Turbo ... (thank the good Lord you are a long way from Brookie) ... if that is the best you can come up with ...

I say ... A good coach wouldn't be in the situation where he has only one good fullback option ... That having witnessed the drop in win % when Snake was injured, and Tedesco etc ... and given that you have a stable of 30 players for a reason, and that Fullback is a critical position ... I would have ensured that at least one of my 30 was a "ready" to play replacement ... not wait 4 years, and for Garrick to be 2nd rate for 2 years working his way into it.

But then again ... what would the Unicorn in my butt post know ?
Unfortunately, Des isn't a coach players want to play for. He's become passionless (as people have suggested that know him) and complacent. If you're already in his team, that's okay, because it's an easy go, and the players rule the roost.

He can't attract talent, makes ridiculous roster decisions. I'm so over dinosaur Des playing halves at 9. Didn't work with Monaghan. Hasn't worked with Croker. CRAZILY, we won premierships when Ballin and Le'Stranhe were here.

Des is killing us (which he's now done three times to two clubs). And people STILL want him around.
It is infuriating isn't it?

Throwing about names of coaches and or players that wouldn't touch Manly in 1000000000 years.

All while kicking the ****e out of our current boss and players.

I don't actually care if Des stays or goes BUT there has to be a better replacement on offer or its all for Nothing.

And please don't say Bellamy or Robinson or Payten for that matter.

They deserve to have the **** kicked out of them. From top to bottom. **** players. **** ownerships. **** coaches. **** management making **** decisions. **** performances.

They'll get compliments well and truly if and when they are deserved.

You fought and argued for this product we are experiencing. You were always pro the roster decisions. Pro the coaching. Pro the structures and strategies. So this product is yours. Own it and embrace it, mate. It's yours to enjoy.

And I do find it prudent you're now fighting for the status quo (including being happy with the Condon, Tuilagi, Bullemor, Boyle boom signings).

Guess that means the results next season are what you hoped for. Let's see how we fare against the good teams with the same coach and new / existing plodders running around. See how long your positivity holds up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4