[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Des did indeed threaten to sue his employer over the pride jersey ( which I do find very hard to believe) I cannot see how he will be coach in 2023.

Just sayin’

His coaching on first grade sides would have ended. No club would risk employing him, despite his fine legacy

His coaching on first grade sides would have ended. No club would risk employing him, despite his fine legacy

Just on Dessie suing ... on the basis that the rainbow jersey saga derailed his season and opportunity to activate an extension clause for coming top 6 ...

Didn't Dessie say at multiple press conferences when asked ... that there was no split and the Rainbow jersey wasn't a distraction and cause of them losing ??

I wonder what our former players think of what is happening with Des at the moment.
Will Snake still want to work with Manly if Des is fired?

I wonder what our former players think of what is happening with Des at the moment.
Will Snake still want to work with Manly if Des is fired?
I'm happy for a complete overhaul. We need to reset the lines of command mate. The current players think they rule the roost.

You want a coach (like the Cowboys coach) who won't tolerate mediocrity both in and off the field. If you're Jason Taumololo, and you're not pulling weight, step up of **** off.

We need a labotomy to reset expectations. We also need a coach who will make the very tough decisions - example - is DCE the captain we need? If he's then stripped, of he considers quitting like he recently said he considered, see ya later.

Just on Dessie suing ... on the basis that the rainbow jersey saga derailed his season and opportunity to activate an extension clause for coming top 6 ...

Didn't Dessie say at multiple press conferences when asked ... that there was no split and the Rainbow jersey wasn't a distraction and cause of them losing ??
Yes , He did say No excuses for the below parr game performances

I think it would be the 7 that didn't play that round , not giving him the opportunity to put the best side on the field

Rainbow 7 still had the option to play , just used their prerogative not to . Despite i am sure Des 's and amongst others urging to .

I'm happy for a complete overhaul. We need to reset the lines of command mate. The current players think they rule the roost.

You want a coach (like the Cowboys coach) who won't tolerate mediocrity both in and off the field. If you're Jason Taumololo, and you're not pulling weight, step up of **** off.

We need a labotomy to reset expectations. We also need a coach who will make the very tough decisions - example - is DCE the captain we need? If he's then stripped, of he considers quitting like he recently said he considered, see ya later.
Maybe the owners aren't letting Des make the tough decisions that are needed though?
If we believe what is in the media it sounds like Des is out and Siebold is in, but will he be given more leeway to make the tough choices that Des isn't?
I think Des can be pretty ruthless when he wants to be but maybe he is hamstrung with his decision making?

I think it would be the 7 that didn't play that round , not giving him the opportunity to put the best side on the field

Agree ... but proving that it cost him one game ... won't be enough you would think to have a court agree that it was the sole reason that Manly didn't finish in the top 6 ...

Maybe the owners aren't letting Des make the tough decisions that are needed though?
If we believe what is in the media it sounds like Des is out and Siebold is in, but will he be given more leeway to make the tough choices that Des isn't?
I think Des can be pretty ruthless when he wants to be but maybe he is hamstrung with his decision making?
If we believe what is in the media,Manly are chasing 6-7 coaches.I have seen Hales,Flanagan,Young,Hornby,Hannay,Ryles and Seibold linked to the club,in the last month

If we believe what is in the media,Manly are chasing 6-7 coaches.I have seen Hales,Flanagan,Young,Hornby,Hannay,Ryles and Seibold linked to the club,in the last month
Don't forget Slater (or was that just on here).
That list is about as inspiring as the players we have signed.

Agree ... but proving that it cost him one game ... won't be enough you would think to have a court agree that it was the sole reason that Manly didn't finish in the top 6 ...
Does he have to prove everything or just that there was club interference

So according to latest reports, clearly Mestrov upon completing his review has sided with Fultons and others in agreement that Hasler is not the best man to take this club forward. Obviously the younger generation are not responding to his old-school mentality and methods, amongst other issues.

The club has offered him the opportunity next year, and next year alone, to solidify his legacy and go out with a GF appearance. He must take on Seibold, and have no more say in list management.

Does Des have enough faith in this current group do it next year? Or does he feel he needs another? Only Des can answer this for himself. My guess is he walks with a payout.

Does he have to prove everything or just that there was club interference

I'm not a lawyer.. or fully aware of what an intended law suit would claim ..

But, if as the media have stated, the legal action would claim that jersey gate was instrumental in denying him the opportunity to finish top 6 and trigger an extension ..

Then I would have to think that he would need to prove that it cost a lot more games than just one .

I can't understand why the Penns won't sell the club. Surely they can't be enjoying the derision being heaped on them as the cause of the disfunction; the daily in-fighting; the indignity of a once mighty club at such a low level; and the financial clout of having to pay out coaches mid-term plus the impending reduction in membership for 2023.
Why are they putting themselves through this pain? It not as if they are feted as saviours. Who of us would cheer them if they turned up at Brookie. so it can't be ego?
I believe if they are true fans as they profess they will know it is in the best interests of the club to move on and let new owners try their luck.

Exactly 👍 the playing group lost confidence in him full stop I believe.His position in untenable plus the jersey got released ages ago as Hugh Jackman was wearing it u could buy it months earlier .Des just wants it his way NOBODY US BIGGER THAN THE

Des could end up back at the Tigers.

Their current set up looks questionable at best.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8