[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was thinking this morning ( rare for me to have insightful thoughts) but it occurred to me that a coach who has delivered spoons is now in the grand final. Dali himself. Gee we would have got rid of this guy years ago. The main insight was that with our current apparent out of touch coach and apparent team of mainly dead beat plodders we were very competitive against both the teams that played last night… arguably we should have won against both of them all this without our best and likely most highly paid player… Turbo Tom. Anyway with the footy gods smiling upon us we have a bloody good and competitive team and a steadfast composer mighty Sir Desmond pulling the strings. I respect people have different views but I seriously believe we have nothing to worry about! The thing that worries me the most is that the players and fans will buy into the hyped and disproportionate media BS creating machine… GO Manly

I was thinking this morning ( rare for me to have insightful thoughts) but it occurred to me that a coach who has delivered spoons is now in the grand final. Dali himself. Gee we would have got rid of this guy years ago. The main insight was that with our current apparent out of touch coach and apparent team of mainly dead beat plodders we were very competitive against both the teams that played last night… arguably we should have won against both of them all this without our best and likely most highly paid player… Turbo Tom. Anyway with the footy gods smiling upon us we have a bloody good and competitive team and a steadfast composer mighty Sir Desmond pulling the strings. I respect people have different views but I seriously believe we have nothing to worry about! The thing that worries me the most is that the players and fans will buy into the hyped and disproportionate media BS creating machine… GO Manly
Good points , all of them !!

SER8, Rugby League is only the same game in name. It evolves especially when rule changes occur. Its about adapting and some seem to do it well and others dont. Same as in business. Des, I think, is a good coach but I think also as most on here see, is a tendency to remain somewhat intransigent, especially in selections and strategies. Sure that's easy to make such comments from a distance, but sometimes when you're too close to the action you dont see the proverbial forest for the trees. Sometimes fresh ideas are essential. I recall the master coach Jack Gibson would even visit the US to see tactics in other codes to help develop his ideas, Many were quite innovative and risk taking
Very smart post !

You do make some good points and I was also thinking that unlike other teams we do not win wooden spoons but we do have mediocre seasons like other teams and Dali's team

Our mediocre season where we grossly under achieved was this season
And we now wait for Des to do a Dali and get us into the finals and beyond in 2023

As far as the BS Media Hype goes . We cannot blame the Media for our Mediocre loses
and the Whinging will only stop when the Winning starts !!!

Let me make this very clear and as clear as tear drops ....

The Whinging at Manly will only stop When the Winning Starts !!!

See the source image

Unfortunately, Des isn't a coach players want to play for. He's become passionless (as people have suggested that know him) and complacent. If you're already in his team, that's okay, because it's an easy go, and the players rule the roost.

He can't attract talent, makes ridiculous roster decisions. I'm so over dinosaur Des playing halves at 9. Didn't work with Monaghan. Hasn't worked with Croker. CRAZILY, we won premierships when Ballin and Le'Stranhe were here.

Des is killing us (which he's now done three times to two clubs). And people STILL want him around.

They deserve to have the ** kicked out of them. From top to bottom. ** players. ** ownerships. ** coaches. ** management making ** decisions. **** performances.

They'll get compliments well and truly if and when they are deserved.

You fought and argued for this product we are experiencing. You were always pro the roster decisions. Pro the coaching. Pro the structures and strategies. So this product is yours. Own it and embrace it, mate. It's yours to enjoy.

And I do find it prudent you're now fighting for the status quo (including being happy with the Condon, Tuilagi, Bullemor, Boyle boom signings).

Guess that means the results next season are what you hoped for. Let's see how we fare against the good teams with the same coach and new / existing plodders running around. See how long your positivity holds up.
2021?

Brad Arthur? Wooden spoon. Perennial chokers and now into A GF?

If there is someone more qualified and has more upside then go for it. If not then let's zip it. ..

Wonderful reply ... let's take some time and glory in your brilliance ..

You say ... all you could do is get rid of Turbo ... (thank the good Lord you are a long way from Brookie) ... if that is the best you can come up with ...

I say ... A good coach wouldn't be in the situation where he has only one good fullback option ... That having witnessed the drop in win % when Snake was injured, and Tedesco etc ... and given that you have a stable of 30 players for a reason, and that Fullback is a critical position ... I would have ensured that at least one of my 30 was a "ready" to play replacement ... not wait 4 years, and for Garrick to be 2nd rate for 2 years working his way into it.

But then again ... what would the Unicorn in my butt post know ?
Its like a roundabout to knowwhere with you most of the time.

I think I preferred it when I was given the opportunity to grace your ignore list but hey you can't get lucky all the time.

So to the issue at hand.

Please do enlighten me who this good coach is that you want to take over? We apprently had a 'great coach' in tbaz. Mega Fail.

So please get together with MOD aka @Ryan and find us this good coach that can make a difference.

Oh and to your point of having a good backup fullback option. Nobody can replace a fit Turbo in our or any other side for that matter. Garrick has done a pretty good job in the circumstances.

I await your enlightenment.... oh and don't forget Woody this isn't toy story so please offer up some real opitions.

Last edited:

I think I preferred it when I was given the opportunity to grace your ignore list but hey you can't get lucky all the time.

So to the issue at hand.

Please do enlighten me who this good coach is that you want to take over? We apprently had a 'great coach' in tbaz. Mega Fail.

So please get together with MOD aka @Ryan and find us this good coach that can make a difference.

I await your enlightenment.... oh and don't forget Woody this isn't toy story so please offer up some real opitions.

Just remember mate, there are people employed, who have much better acumen on the subject matter to FIND a coach. ****'s not working. You support Mestrov right? Let's put the task in his astute hands to deliver us a coach that can bond the playing group, stay ahead of the opposition, win a game against top 4 / top 8 teams etc....

I've stated numerous coaches. Remember, I suggested Kristian Wolf (and was howled down - see what I did there) by you, and many others for the suggestion. Next minute, Wayne Bennett selects him from St Helens as his succession plan at the Dolphins (funny that). Yes, that's one suggestion of many I made, but shows that not every suggestion is laughable - like the know it alls did when I suggested him, to begin with - because apparently HE'S not as good as Des according to some here.

And that should be all the proof you need. They are out there. We just have to find the right guy.

Just remember mate, there are people employed, who have much better acumen on the subject matter to FIND a coach. ****'s not working. You support Mestrov right? Let's put the task in his astute hands to deliver us a coach that can bond the playing group, stay ahead of the opposition, win a game against top 4 / top 8 teams etc....

I've stated numerous coaches. Remember, I suggested Kristian Wolf (and was howled down - see what I did there) by you, and many others for the suggestion. Next minute, Wayne Bennett selects him from St Helens as his succession plan at the Dolphins (funny that). Yes, that's one suggestion of many I made, but shows that not every suggestion is laughable - like the know it alls did when I suggested him, to begin with - because apparently HE'S not as good as Des according to some here.

And that should be all the proof you need. They are out there. We just have to find the right guy.
I hear you @Merchant Of Doom I agree with a lot of what you have to say and empathise with a lot more. However, the critical problem that MWSE has right now is the fact that we are not considered by ANY of the good coaches as being, in any way, an attractive coaching destination. MWSE in 2022 is a complete basket case. 2023 is looking that way as well. Who in their right mind, outside the desperate, the recent failures, the has-beens, the never was's, etc., would take us on at the moment? It's a serious question. What do we have to offer to "the right guy/guys? We can find them all right, but currently, they wouldn't have a bar of us. Frankly, I don't blame them, either. We are stuck with Des, mate; he has created this situation and needs to be given the opportunity to clean it up.

Last edited:

So to the issue at hand.

Oh and to your point of having a good backup fullback option. Nobody can replace a fit Turbo in our or any other side for that matter. Garrick has done a pretty good job in the circumstances.

so ... your response is to completely change the subject, act as though superior, and pretend the last couple of posts didn't happen ... fair enough, your grasping dribble would be funny if it wasn't so sad ..

So, according to you ... there are only 5 good football coaches in the world ... and no club can have a good back up fullback ...

FMD ..

I hear you @Merchant Of Doom I agree with a lot of what you have to say and empathise with a lot more. However, the critical problem that MWSE has right now is the fact that we are not considered by ANY of the good coaches as being, in any way, an attractive coaching destination. MWSE in 2022 is a complete basket case. 2023 is looking that way as well. Who in their right mind, outside the desperate, the recent failures, the has-beens, the never was's, etc would take us on at the moment? Its a serious question. What do we have to offer to "the right guy/guys? We can find them all right, but currently, they wouldn't have a bar of us. Unfortunately, I don't blame them either. We are stuck with Des mate, he has created this situation, and he needs to clean it up.

While you're probably right mate, I think maybe I'm in denial in thinking Manly would be an amazing club to work for and with as a coach - particularly better than The Dolphins for example. It's literally all I have left for this club - and that's hope for changes.

If Wolf was approached prior to Bennett (when I first suggested it), I honestly reckon he'd jump at the chance.

Honestly, for mine, we are probably four players (hooker, backrowerX2 and a marquee centre)and a proper 2022-2023 style NRL coach away from contending. Well, that, and the coach getting the leadership group together, to ensure the social side of the group is being addressed (card nights, activities and things).

I just hope, honestly, we aren't that undesirable to prospective employees. I mean, we just scored Mestrov from the Greyhounds, and surely that's an exponentially bigger industry. Just also acquired Craig Meagher, that has a very impressive resume. Hope it's not that bad, but I'm worried you're probably right mate.

so ... your response is to completely change the subject, act as though superior, and pretend the last couple of posts didn't happen ... fair enough, your grasping dribble would be funny if it wasn't so sad ..

So, according to you ... there are only 5 good football coaches in the world ... and no club can have a good back up fullback ...

FMD ..
What are you talking about? You Talk about dodging the subject??? I can't even work out where you are going with all this let alone see your point.

I will say it again for the 5000th time.

My position is sure replace des if there is a better option. Unfortunately there isn't. Mestrov and Penn both realise this so have decided to stick. If as I hope we turn it around next year then great. If we again struggle then please look at alternatives and replace.

Perhaps Do yourself a favour and put me in your ignore list for the sake of your own mental health if I cause you stress.

What are you talking about? You Talk about dodging the subject??? I can't even work out where you are going with all this let alone see your point.

I will say it again for the 5000th time.

My position is sure replace des if there is a better option. Unfortunately there isn't. Mestrov and Penn both realise this so have decided to stick. If as I hope we turn it around next year then great. If we again struggle then please look at alternatives and replace.

Perhaps Do yourself a favour and put me in your ignore list for the sake of your own mental health if I cause you stress.

Yes ... again you have gone back to deflection ... and playing to an audience ..

The subject(s) we were discussing were ..

1) You said
When Turbo plays ANY coach that manly has is safe. When Turbo is out for long periods ANY coach manly has is up ****e creek.

I replied ...
A good coach ... after 4 full years in charge, going into his 5th, .... would have acknowledged this truth .... AND FUKKIN DONE SUMTING ABOUT IT ...

PSS ... I screamed that last bit ...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO THEN?

Absolutely nothing would be the answer because all you could do would be to get rid of Turbo and no coach is going to do that.

Sure ship him out. Rebuild the side. Take another 5 years to do sweet FA and watch as a competitor lights up the comp.with a Mr Tom Turbo at no.1.....

Another pie in the sky what if unicorns popped out of your butt post....

Wonderful reply ... let's take some time and glory in your brilliance ..

You say ... all you could do is get rid of Turbo ... (thank the good Lord you are a long way from Brookie) ... if that is the best you can come up with ...

I say ... A good coach wouldn't be in the situation where he has only one good fullback option ... That having witnessed the drop in win % when Snake was injured, and Tedesco etc ... and given that you have a stable of 30 players for a reason, and that Fullback is a critical position ... I would have ensured that at least one of my 30 was a "ready" to play replacement ... not wait 4 years, and for Garrick to be 2nd rate for 2 years working his way into it.

But then again ... what would the Unicorn in my butt post know ?

See ... that is the subject we were discussing ....

The other subject we were discussing is the one where you are telling everybody that there are no good coaches available .... that in a population of billions of people ... according to you ... there are only 5 good coaches in the world ... and they all either have jobs, or wouldn't come to Manly .

And you can prove it ... because you asked me a retired geriatric 800 miles from the nearest NRL training oval ... to name one ... and sadly I was stumped ... but perhaps in amongst just the 50 or so Asst. coaches in the NRL, and the 50 or so SL coaches and Asst. coaches, or the 30 or so NSW and QLD cup coaches there may just be one available .....

Yes ... again you have gone back to deflection ... and playing to an audience ..

The subject(s) we were discussing were ..

1) You said

I replied ...

See ... that is the subject we were discussing ....

The other subject we were discussing is the one where you are telling everybody that there are no good coaches available .... that in a population of billions of people ... according to you ... there are only 5 good coaches in the world ... and they all either have jobs, or wouldn't come to Manly .

And you can prove it ... because you asked me a retired geriatric 800 miles from the nearest NRL training oval ... to name one ... and sadly I was stumped ... but perhaps in amongst just the 50 or so Asst. coaches in the NRL, and the 50 or so SL coaches and Asst. coaches, or the 30 or so NSW and QLD cup coaches there may just be one available .....

In the red corner weighing in at 150 pounds....

And you can prove it ... because you asked me a retired geriatric 800 miles from the nearest NRL training oval ... to name one ... and sadly I was stumped ...
What a load of drivel woody.....you can't be the big puncher you like to be on here for years and years and then hide behind age and location.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6