[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Todd Peyton is unsigned. Anthony Siebold is looking for a role. There are ssssooo many other coaches available mate. Ones who understand the modern game. Understand how to motivate millennials. Understand how to not allow the players to rule the roost. There's probably 2-3 teams with unstable broken rosters. We are one.

We need to get with the times. Des prehistoric coaching , strategies , man management , customer focus is a thing of days past.

Until we get someone who can think ahead if the opposition, be innovative, fresh, most importantly - adaptable, we'll stagnate like we have (with a rare ocassional okay year, despite not being able to beat the good teams.
Love ya Ryan. But you just lost me Siebold over des. Pleeeease brother. He's cards are marked never again. Cant wait to see you eat humble pie my mate when des gets us back up there next year

Todd Peyton is unsigned. Anthony Siebold is looking for a role. There are ssssooo many other coaches available mate. Ones who understand the modern game. Understand how to motivate millennials. Understand how to not allow the players to rule the roost. There's probably 2-3 teams with unstable broken rosters. We are one.

We need to get with the times. Des prehistoric coaching , strategies , man management , customer focus is a thing of days past.

Until we get someone who can think ahead if the opposition, be innovative, fresh, most importantly - adaptable, we'll stagnate like we have (with a rare ocassional okay year, despite not being able to beat the good teams.
Seibold! You have got to be kiddin’ me …. You can’t be serious!

Just sayin’

Love ya Ryan. But you just lost me Siebold over des. Pleeeease brother. He's cards are marked never again. Cant wait to see you eat humble pie my mate when des gets us back up there next year
Seibold......oh gold..... pure gold gibbering. As I keep saying the Sack Hasler camp have absolutely no plausible alternative... if they did we all want to hear because if there is a gold plated coach or even a highly credible potential coach to replace Des I think we might all want to jump on that boat or at least consider it. I despise what Des did to us I still have a vein of hatred for that... but the reality is right now... there is no better coach ready to come in. I have no problems him proving his worth for 2023 but therein lies the wash.... no quality players are going to sign not knowing who the 2024 and beyond coach is. Maybe this is Penn's masterstroke - create an environment of uncertainty... Des can't sign anyone decent... the team struggles - they fire Des - problem solved. Maybe we give too little credit to that useless flog Penn!

We can't move Des on at the moment, @Merchant Of Doom The last thing we need as a club is more instability right now. MWSE is a complete basket case, and I can't imagine any good coach would take on the job.

Ryles and Slater are simply not interested. Peyton is in a situation where he would leverage his success with the Cowboys into a much more attractive club than Manly. Peyton will stay with the Cowboys, though. Seibold is working his way back into NRL coaching, but I don't think he would consider the poisoned chalice that is MWSE, either.

The rest have tried and failed at various clubs, and there is no real likelihood of that changing with us (current circumstances considered)

I'm not a massive Des fan. I always thought the second coming would end in tears, one way or the other. However, pragmatically I believe he needs to be given another chance to turn things around before he is inevitably moved on. Yes, Des has a high degree of responsibility for the MWSE mess (he is the head coach, after all), but I also think he is the best option right now to take us out of it.

"Peyton is unsigned", he's only one game away from a GF, he'll be resigned quick smart and with an upgraded offer no doubt, he's going nowhere. And who are the ssssoooo many other coaches, scratching my head about this one.

Seibold......oh gold..... pure gold gibbering. As I keep saying the Sack Hasler camp have absolutely no plausible alternative... if they did we all want to hear because if there is a gold plated coach or even a highly credible potential coach to replace Des I think we might all want to jump on that boat or at least consider it. I despise what Des did to us I still have a vein of hatred for that... but the reality is right now... there is no better coach ready to come in. I have no problems him proving his worth for 2023 but therein lies the wash.... no quality players are going to sign not knowing who the 2024 and beyond coach is. Maybe this is Penn's masterstroke - create an environment of uncertainty... Des can't sign anyone decent... the team struggles - they fire Des - problem solved. Maybe we give too little credit to that useless flog Penn!
It's pretty bad when the only suitable alternative if des did leave won't get a look in because the gronk that owns the club is too pig headed to deal with Wayne Beavis. Great level of EQ being displayed there Scott

The bottom line is that the club will not sack Des cause they dont want to pay him out.

I believe that we need to have a succession plan and next year it needs to be that the role of coach is up for grabs. If Des gets the team firing they he can continue. If not they let him go and get someone else.

I implore Des to consider getting in a defensive coach as we conceded way too many points this season.

We have the talent and we are stagnant right now in recruitment as we have our cap allocated.

We need to make the most of it!

So we extend Des today - we come out and lose 3 straight (making the losing streak 10 on the trot - 8 being our worst ever to date so far), what then? Just keep it all going, status quo? The same useless attacking and defensive holes and deficiencies we've seen. The same fractured group & issues with management?

And with a below average roster less Walker, Taupau, Davey, Foran and some depth?

For what? Consistency? There is something pretty consistent about our club, and that's an inability to beat a top 4 (and now top 8) team. So what's your theory or reason for so adamantly wanting Des to not only remain, but be extended?

Is it lack of alternatives? Is that people's reason for keeping a failing coach who can't galvanise a playing group, and who seems to have issues each term with his clubs management?

I'm honestly dumbfounded by people relying on decade old glories, and can't comprehend how / why people don't want change, when it is clear as day, our club isn't competitive any longer? Want to know a crazy stat? Ready for this? The Bulldogs this last season had a better defensive record than us.

I just don't get it. And it's so frustrating. Do we as a fanbase suffer from Stokholm Syndrome or something?
Exactly, perfectly summarised.
Feels like people are treating him as bigger than the club.
His ability to outsmart opposition coaches is dead and we have become a one trick pony!
Seems he still has problems managing salary caps as everything has been soaked up by 3 players and one which plays about 6 games every year.
We are headed for big problems under Hasler.

Exactly, perfectly summarised.
Feels like people are treating him as bigger than the club.
His ability to outsmart opposition coaches is dead and we have become a one trick pony!
Seems he still has problems managing salary caps as everything has been soaked up by 3 players and one which plays about 6 games every year.
We are headed for big problems under Hasler.
One problem, Just a tiny one with that, it's was made quite clear and very public from the time Des rejoined that he was NOT going to be involved in the actual negotiations of contracts, given that, how can the blame of negotiated contracts and salary cap issues be laid at his feet ?
Gorman, Humphrey's and the wanna be acting CEO Wolman take that tittle wheather it fits the agenda or not

Oooft we are a restless bunch......hopefully we get some positive news on something soon 😂

Some random thoughts on the last few pages.

That Telegraph article is sensationalist rubbish, could basically read 'NRL club has players off contract'....like no @#$%. None off the 10 next year would destroy the club if we left. Would love to keep Garrick (If Newie don't offer silly miney). I have high hopes for Weekes and Tuitavake but really all are playing for contracts in some respects.....nonsense article.

I dont see us as having a below average roster, I think its above average bordering on good one. Our issue is not talent it is getting everyone playing to their potential and playing as a team....that is coaching.

Which brings me to Dessie, I'm undecided tbh, happy he isn't extended yet and happy he isnt sacked yet.....not sure there is anything out there that improves us.
First 10 weeks of next season will be telling as to the path we need to take.

Last edited:
It's pretty bad when the only suitable alternative if des did leave won't get a look in because the gronk that owns the club is too pig headed to deal with Wayne Beavis. Great level of EQ being displayed there Scott
It is a farce all around... Penn is like the Glazers at Manchester United - no idea about Rugby League - doesn't care as long as he is making money. He is hanging on to hopefully get a piece of the US pie. He hates Hasler and Hasler hates him. Hasler is at fault for his brash personality and for seeming to keep rubbing people up the wrong way. The factions at Manly with the Fulton's behind some of it are just a joke. It is like they are all in the sandpit at school and all trying to be the king and getting "friends" on their side and whispering to each other saying crap. Instead of doing what is right by the club, players and fans they all play games to try and build their part of the empire. A total total disgrace on all levels. But when it comes to the coach as I said there is simply no better option at the moment. That when you cut through are the cold hard facts.

Oooft we are a restless bunch......hopefully we get some positive news on something soon 😂

So random thoughts so the last few pages.

That Telegraph article is sensationalist rubbish, could basically read 'NRL club has players off contract'....like no @#$%. None off the 10 next year would destroy the club if we left. Would love to keep Garrick (If Newie don't offer silly miney). I have high hopes for Weekes and Tuitavake but really all are playing for contracts in some respects.....nonsense article.

I dont see us as having a below average roster, I think its above average bordering on good one. Our issue is not talent it is getting everyone playing to there potential and playing as a team....that is coaching.

Which brings me to Dessie, I'm undecided tbh, happy he isn't extended yet and happy he isnt sacked yet.....not sure there is anything out there that improves us.
First 10 weeks of next season will be telling as to the path we need to take.
I agree that there are very few blokes that would be a great loss...
as for Weekes, he is playing for a contract because he has been left behind bog-average players in a losing squad despite his preferred position being open due to injuries... the kid has shown immense talent in lower grades but has only been given game time once the season was over (and then ran for 220m against the dogs) - whilst Koula (who is 7 months younger) has played all year......
I have no doubt he would have suitors and if I was Weekes' manager, and Garrick is staying, he would have a contract signed elsewhere (probs Warriors or Dolphins) on November 1...

hope I am wrong tho...

So we extend Des today - we come out and lose 3 straight (making the losing streak 10 on the trot - 8 being our worst ever to date so far), what then? Just keep it all going, status quo? The same useless attacking and defensive holes and deficiencies we've seen. The same fractured group & issues with management?

And with a below average roster less Walker, Taupau, Davey, Foran and some depth?

For what? Consistency? There is something pretty consistent about our club, and that's an inability to beat a top 4 (and now top 8) team.
What happens then ? DCE kicks a field goal to get the campaign underway and we go on a decent run to the preliminary final, like happened 12 months ago ?

“But we only did that because of Tom”

Last season and this season, we put together a run for games where we won 6/7 without him

People love this Top 4/Top 8 stat, last year for example, the only reason Parramatta weren’t top 4, is because we flogged them twice. We have beaten teams when they were currently in the top 4/8 when we played them, Storm this year is another example of a top 4 team being beaten, although i know you have the theory that although we scored more points than them and outplayed them comfortably, we didn’t actually win that game

I agree that there are very few blokes that would be a great loss...
as for Weekes, he is playing for a contract because he has been left behind bog-average players in a losing squad despite his preferred position being open due to injuries... the kid has shown immense talent in lower grades but has only been given game time once the season was over (and then ran for 220m against the dogs) - whilst Koula (who is 7 months younger) has played all year......
I have no doubt he would have suitors and if I was Weekes' manager, and Garrick is staying, he would have a contract signed elsewhere (probs Warriors or Dolphins) on November 1...

hope I am wrong tho...
Yeah dont get me wrong, I'd be looking to have Weekes re-signed before Nov 1 but that said, he aint a sure thing yet.

We should be giving Des a big extension when you consider that the squad we have is terrible, relies on 1 guy that was out for most of the season, his captain is absolutely useless, and 2/3rds through the season they
were in a finals spot. Herculean effort ;)
Roosters 22-0 at half time with TT in
Sharks 28-0 at half time
Donkeys 38-0 with TT in
Storm 28-4 with 10min to go (1st time round)
Cows 3 tries in 3 min to lose
Storm 4 tries in 5 min to almost lose
Raiders 28-0 at half time in a 48-6 loss

Throw in a 44-24 loss to Titans and splitting two 1-point games against the dogs...

IMO these are not just losses (or sketchy wins) but show a real lack of potency in attack and a lack of the defensive resolve that Des 2.0 was sold to us with... personally I would not be offering a lifetime contract...

130 pages of dribbling ego's.

There is only one truth. When Turbo plays, Des is safe. When Turbo is out everyone is questioning Des' ability.
Same as start of last year.
Same this year.
Same next year
I would open that up a little.

When Turbo plays ANY coach that manly has is safe. When Turbo is out for long periods ANY coach manly has is up ****e creek.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4