[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Btw Hopoate is being loaned for 4 weeks ffs! We all hope he will play a game... it'll be his first since he was 16
Putting things in perspective...
If we were winning than the Hoppa story would not be a big issue
Des has made his great reputation by winning and that is what the fans are used to under the great Des .
Once we start winning again Des will be doing what he does best and he will be loved once gain
The moral of the story ...
To to shut up the critics
Winners Do what they do best and that is they keep winning
IMG_6323.jpg

Last edited:
Ummm... Haumone, Cust, Funa and Keppie are all very young blokes getting a go are they not? Then add Suli, Paseka and Garrick. FMD... how many more young inexperienced players do you sooks want to throw into the side? Fainu would be there as well if not for his shoulder and court issues.

Another poster provided some in depth information earlier today about Hopoate and still the handbag brigade hiss and slap with their farkin whining. The sack Des thread is beyond ridiculous... I’d hate to be forced into going to battle alongside some you “blokes.”
Funa is the only player to debut for us this season.
That is hardly progressive coaching.

Funa is the only player to debut for us this season.
That is hardly progressive coaching.
My post wasn’t directed at people such as yourself who have an opinion which is different to mine. I always enjoy reading your stuff. It’s the incessant whining by certain members who besmirch the club at ever turn that becomes so painfully annoying.

Last edited:
The Hopoate decision is a complete ****ing farce , we are riddled with injury’s and we do this.
I honestly hope we don’t win a game for the rest of the year

The club, players and coach need a huge wake up call
I have been waiting for you to arrive on the scene @strone33 :)
Do you see some parallels between team selections now and 2018? I hope you're wrong on our final games mate but I fear you may not be...
Des may be the mad genius after all because they sy that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over yet expecting a different result...

My post wasn’t directed at people such as yourself who have an opinion which is different to mine. I always enjoy reading your stuff. It’s the incessant whining by certain members who besmirch the club at ever turn that becomes so painfully annoying.
Boo hoo... did the mean people not agree with you Kevin?

I have been waiting for you to arrive on the scene @strone33 :)
Do you see some parallels between team selections now and 2018? I hope you're wrong on our final games mate but I fear you may not be...
Des may be the mad genius after all because they sy that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over yet expecting a different result...
He's busy lubing up

If Des does go I'd have Toovey back.
I would rather Toovey. Have basically always said this... not just a bandwagoner... Like Des and he has done so much for the club but Toovey at least wasn't a frustrating coach... would be good with player selections.

Back Des. If we have a repeat of this next year, bring on Tooves.

While there have been some puzzling selections lately such as dropping Cust or continually picking those seemingly out of form (e.g. Jorge, though that's now changed) ... it must be remembered that Des knows a hell of a lot more about what is going on with the side than any of us armchair experts do. He knows what his players are capable of, he see's them just about every single day.

You know, I read a lot about giving the kids a go and I have no problem with that. But I also know that what has been good for some other teams (playing the younger players) may not work as well for Manly (on the other hand, it might). Yes players like Cust, Funa and Olakau'atu have played well when called upon, for the most part at least, but that doesn't mean players like Hopoate and Schuster are going to be instant stars when finally picked.

For mine, the fact that Hopoate has been loaned to the Warriors says that Tom is due back within a week or two (and hopefully he'll remain fit). It also gives Des a chance to evaluate his former team mate's son in NRL games (if he gets selected in first grade, which I think he will and most likely as a winger since I can't see him displacing RTS without him being injured) while not risking him breaking down again playing for us and leaving us short. Yes we'd rather he play for Manly ... but I can see method in the madness.

The stupid thing here is that if we beat the Knights today, be it by a single point or 40, the complaints will be a lot less, for another week at least.

While there have been some puzzling selections lately such as dropping Cust or continually picking those seemingly out of form (e.g. Jorge, though that's now changed) ... it must be remembered that Des knows a hell of a lot more about what is going on with the side than any of us armchair experts do. He knows what his players are capable of, he see's them just about every single day.

You know, I read a lot about giving the kids a go and I have no problem with that. But I also know that what has been good for some other teams (playing the younger players) may not work as well for Manly (on the other hand, it might). Yes players like Cust, Funa and Olakau'atu have played well when called upon, for the most part at least, but that doesn't mean players like Hopoate and Schuster are going to be instant stars when finally picked.

For mine, the fact that Hopoate has been loaned to the Warriors says that Tom is due back within a week or two (and hopefully he'll remain fit). It also gives Des a chance to evaluate his former team mate's son in NRL games (if he gets selected in first grade, which I think he will and most likely as a winger since I can't see him displacing RTS without him being injured) while not risking him breaking down again playing for us and leaving us short. Yes we'd rather he play for Manly ... but I can see method in the madness.

The stupid thing here is that if we beat the Knights today, be it by a single point or 40, the complaints will be a lot less, for another week at least.
Yet he rushed Walker back in and got 8min... you are right that there have been some puzzling decisions and a lot remind me of 2018 when Barrett stuck with the same side time and again as we plunged closer to a spoon... thank goodness Tom won us a couple of games and a couple of the top teams slipped up against us because otherwise 2020 would be way too similar... loaning Hoppa is ridiculous...

The thing is that once Tom is back at fullback, the whole dynamic of the backline changes. Instead of a fullback who's only real talent in the #1 jumper is being safe under a high ball, we'd not only have a great defender back there but one with an A+ attacking game. He can not only score them himself, but he can set up those around him (something Elliot doesn't do. He has zero tries and zero try assists in 7 games in 2020. Tom had 4 tries and 7 try assists in his 5 and a half games).

Then add in someone like Dylan Walker (preferably at centre) and that dynamic changes even more, especially in attack as Walks knows how to set up his supports as well as score himself.

If only we could get them on the park for sustained periods.....

Last edited:
Sacking Des is laughable. Who do you have in mind to replace him? Another sh#t prospect like Barrett? Dessy will get this team to the next level when he cleans the deadwood that Zoolander left behind. The injury toll and sh#t depth we have is of great concern and something needs to be done on bringing in 1st grade quality recruits in the future..

No not the answer right now. But I feel like I’m in the twilight zone when I see Elliott, Jorge and a Croker selected week in and week out and we do not see or hear anything of Schuster. Hoppa sick of waiting for a shot from a Des and surprise surprise Des not budging. I hope we don’t loose Schuster as well. If we do then I will change my mind. The coach is accountable no matter how good he used to be. Just like players!

• 👍
Reactions: bSw

Yeah Kevvie .... isn't it really annoying when people choose to see nothing other than the worst side of any situation and bag the living shiite out of a coach .... glad you're not like that ..

While there have been some puzzling selections lately such as dropping Cust or continually picking those seemingly out of form (e.g. Jorge, though that's now changed) ... it must be remembered that Des knows a hell of a lot more about what is going on with the side than any of us armchair experts do. He knows what his players are capable of, he see's them just about every single day.Another concussion and it has to be a big break.

Some good points but re Hoppa breaking down surely that’s not part of it. We gladly take the same risk with Scorpio every week and it has haunted us on quite a few occasions with an out of form JetSki or Duck playing centre.
On that point I wish him well today. To be honest it is surprising to see him playing. Roosters are decimated but they won’t play Cordner. They did the same with Keary.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4