[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Where do you get this notion that Schuster ‘threw a tantrum’ cause he couldn’t get into the team? Have you read or seen first hand that he did this? During many games Schuster was usually the first to run upto & hug Foran after a try! Have you actually seen Schuster throw a tantrum? Have you read the comments Schuster posted about his adoration for Foran? Have you bothered to read what Foran thought about Schuster? Get off the kids back mate & support him instead of posting what you think he did! Not once has the kid said anything untoward or posted anything to suggest he was throwing a tantrum about Foran etc! It was all his Manager & Schuster actually said in an interview he’s wrapped to be nurtured by Foran! I’m tired reading the rubbish this kid cops in here…..I’m over this crap. We’re no better than Penn. Seems he dislikes Des & we seem to dislike most of our players.
No obviously not, i am not at the club and that is a very valid reason to neglect any and everything I say

However, Schuster was extremely unfit and his effort areas dropped. Reports about him not happy as a second-rower as well as while reports surging about his manager pulling strings and then suddenly Foran is leaving

Des wouldn’t get rid of Foran

By process of elimination + context I think/thought it was reasonable to conclude Schuster wanted the 6 jersey and that resulted in Foran leaving against Hasler’s (and many players) wishes

We don't have to cannibalize each other either though. We can be kind, it's not hard. No idea why he decided to just have a go at us for no good reason? I'm doing my absolute best to talk anyone around who's saying they are losing interest and/or giving up. That's what we should be doing.
Phew! i had to go back up the thread to make sure it wasn't me you were referring to @Ryan. I was concerned id gone off and sleep-typed some inflammatory post hence breaking our shaky but solid truce! Crisis averted.

Im sick of this now. Either Fire des and put in Siebold or Mr Penn **** off back to America asap.

At the end of the Day I would Love for Des to man up and see out his final year leading us to a GF win and the biggest F You to Penn and Co. The one Issue Des does have is his non ability to share for the greater good so he will probably walk or be fired.

Im sure even the Des nyers on here would be pleased for our most successful coach in the past 20 years to go out a winner on one last ride for glory. that would cement his legend OR he would go down in flames. everybody sort of wins in the end.

Yeah I am concerned Siebold is walking into a trap.... I would say that some key individuals (Pangai Jnr, Fifita etc) were moved between Siebolds failure and Kev's 'success' this year...
We need to get rid of the same type of players (those that think they are bigger than the team)
There were a lot of valid points in that chat but I do agree with @madmax that Schuster has been a a tad unfairly treated. I can't pretend to know what the real story was with the apparent threat to leave but based on most media stories, it was grain of salt stuff for me. As max noted, Schuster did genuinely seem to respect Foran on and off the field. And I think injury and having to adapt to playing out of position has held back his development. If this club debacle can be sorted soon and the squad can finally just try and get on with playing footy, there will be a lot of pressure on Schuster next season no matter who is coach. It's going to be very difficult and I hope he can hold it together with some good coach guidance (again, from whomever that might be) to reach his potential.

Im sick of this now. Either Fire des and put in Siebold or Mr Penn **** off back to America asap.

At the end of the Day I would Love for Des to man up and see out his final year leading us to a GF win and the biggest F You to Penn and Co. The one Issue Des does have is his non ability to share for the greater good so he will probably walk or be fired.

Im sure even the Des nyers on here would be pleased for our most successful coach in the past 20 years to go out a winner on one last ride for glory. that would cement his legend OR he would go down in flames. everybody sort of wins in the end.
A purge only ever happens with a change of coach so, despite Penn's delusions about the championship quality of our team, i remain hopedul that Des leaving may be the trigger..

No obviously not, i am not at the club and that is a very valid reason to neglect any and everything I say

However, Schuster was extremely unfit and his effort areas dropped. Reports about him not happy as a second-rower as well as while reports surging about his manager pulling strings and then suddenly Foran is leaving

Des wouldn’t get rid of Foran

By process of elimination + context I think/thought it was reasonable to conclude Schuster wanted the 6 jersey and that resulted in Foran leaving against Hasler’s (and many players) wishes
Mate I'm not having a go at you personally....I'm just frustrated at this whole effing drama with the club. Supporters bagging players, an owner who is doing absolutely nothing to fix the situation, another club legend forced out of the club by a moron owner, the same man rubbishing Des for dumping on the club but conveniently forgetting how Foran & Watmough dumped on the club! The disdain for the 7 or 10 for the rainbow jersey drama.....no one is happy & i'm just about done with the club to be honest. Penn will destroy this club & it's history.......

the same man rubbishing Des for dumping on the club but conveniently forgetting how Foran & Watmough dumped on the club!
it was also because of HIM that Des left in the first place trying to play hardball with him over contract negotiations thinking that he'll never leave because he's a Manly man. Had the tight-arse paid Des what he was worth the Bulldogs never would have even had the opportunity to poach him from us. And as a direct consequence of that neither would have Foran and Watmough (two club legends) left the club.

Quite a few other angles to the current fracas but can ' t really recall noticing a situation where a footy coach in a high profile sport seems to have the notion that they can dictate or determine who should be on their coaching staff , present or future . As in most difficult or open type disputes , usually fault or some degree of fault and right or wrong from all parties . But at the end of the day [ could even be this day ] the boss or the boss and board are still the boss so rationally the sooner this is sorted the better so some semblance of normality can returned for the club 's overall best interests .

it was also because of HIM that Des left in the first place trying to play hardball with him over contract negotiations thinking that he'll never leave because he's a Manly man. Had the tight-arse paid Des what he was worth the Bulldogs never would have even had the opportunity to poach him from us. And as a direct consequence of that neither would have Foran and Watmough (two club legends) left the club.
From reports that i noticed , Greenberg as the then Bull dog's C E O was making overtures and offers to Des [ and apparently quite unauthorized ] long before the 20111 G F and was not just about money . Des wanted more control over contracts and back ended deals and so on , which gradually crippled the Dogs mainly for some short term self interest . Same probably would have happened at Manly if des had stayed . Not to mention the underhand way that again apparently occurred in his fairly grubby exit And Penn did eventually give him or offer [ Des ] an upgrade , even though he was still under contract . Again he had already decided to leave , despite his other public utterings right up to and just after the G F in 2011 .

From reports that i noticed , Greenberg as the then Bull dog's C E O was making overtures and offers to Des [ and apparently quite unauthorized ] long before the 20111 G F and was not just about money . Des wanted more control over contracts and back ended deals and so on , which gradually crippled the Dogs mainly for some short term self interest . Same probably would have happened at Manly if des had stayed . Not to mention the underhand way that again apparently occurred in his fairly grubby exit And Penn did eventually give him or offer [ Des ] an upgrade , even though he was still under contract . Again he had already decided to leave , despite his other public utterings right up to and just after the G F in 2011 .
It DID happen at Manly... Watmough was on 900K - $1M in his last year and we were cheating to get these blokes paid and stay 'under' the salary cap...

Des is no saint...

It DID happen at Manly... Watmough was on 900K - $1M in his last year and we were cheating to get these blokes paid and stay 'under' the salary cap...

Des is no saint...
Actually i thought that was Giffty 's contract at the time [ 11 ] and Choc a bit latter but would not matter . Des had already started to set a trend and which could only have gradually ended quite negatively for Manly .

Des is no saint...
Can you back that up with facts Frank? Because before you know it, your comments will have a much wider audience.

Certainly there was some issue re: the cap during Fulton’s last stint at the club.

Phew! i had to go back up the thread to make sure it wasn't me you were referring to @Ryan. I was concerned id gone off and sleep-typed some inflammatory post hence breaking our shaky but solid truce! Crisis averted.

Not you mate. Just another poster who decided to have a go for no apparent reason, but then cried foul when I responded.

I just don't get it, but anyways, moving in hehehe.

In regards to you being over it, right there with ya mate. This is all so unhealthy for the club, that I personally feel the longer the decision making process waits, the more long term damage it does.

And please Me Penn, stay out of the media. You were so disrespectful to Des yesterday, it's unfathomable!

Can you back that up with facts Frank? Because before you know it, your comments will have a much wider audience.

Certainly there was some issue re: the cap during Fulton’s last stint at the club.
Watmoughs contract situation was widely reported at the time Terry and the NRL ended up fining us massively for our TPAs (which screwed us for years)...
Here is 1 story from the time on Watmough

Sure, but I don’t see any reference to Manly ‘cheating’ in Watmough’s contract situation. Or am I missing something?
Sorry, I did not get my point across effectively...
I was inferring that the issues created from those back-ended contracts created the need for 'creative accounting' which later screwed us...
i was not saying Watmough's contract was dodgy... more that it's ramifications snowballed...

Sidebar: has Manly’s salary cap infraction c.2016, ever been satisfactorily explained?

Something about not keeping third party deals at arm’s length?

Last edited:
Sidebar: has Manly’s salary cap infraction c.2016, ever been satisfactorily explained?

Something not keeping third party deals at arm’s length?
I may be wrong but my understanding is that they can be offered by a 3rd party but you can not actively seek them and they can only fund the club as a whole - not relate to retaining a certain player(s)...

Absolute fairy at the bottom of the garden BS...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10