Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters
3 years is plenty of time to show your worth and barrett hasnt ,bullshi7 excuses aside injuries ,boardroom ,and scandals is all just a crock hasler did it toovey did it ,

Dogler even got a team full mostly of plodders at tge dogs to the GF twice and consistently got them to the finals

Question is who comes in ??

Question is who comes in ??
Why does it matter? According to 75.6% of Silvertail voters Barrett must be sacked, no matter who else is available.
I agree there definitely comes a time for each coach when the use-by date arrives.
With Barrett though it wasn't his fault the salary cap crap stopped us getting Pearce, and if we had him you'd have to think we could have won a couple of extra games (the 1st Knights game for starters)
Add to that the forward passes killing us against Raiders and Storm and we could be way higher than we are on the ladder.
Barrett has kept the team striving hard until now despite key injuries and other dramas so I am not in the 75% (yet).

I've been searching everywhere for the clubs worst season record, but can't find it. With but 5 wins, are we on track for our worst record ever?

I did the analysis last week. On a % win / loss basis our two worst seasons were 1947 and 1948 with 22%.

Up to the last round we were at 29% which if it keeps going this way will make it the third worst season in our history

In the last 50 years we've only had 4 seasons where we had a win/loss less than 35%
  • 2000 (Northern Eagles) - 35%
  • 2003 (Manly) - 29%
  • 2016 (Manly) - 33%
  • 2018 (Manly) - 29% (up to the last round played)
In the whole beautiful history of the mighty Sea Eagles we've only ever had 11 seasons with a win/loss less than 35% and of those seasons, four of them were in our first four years.....

Our average win / loss % in the 72 seasons we've been around is 57%

Barrett has been in charge for 2 of the 11 worst seasons in our clubs 72 years.

Just has to go. And the trigger needs to be pulled ASAP. We don't want to sack him the same year Jake and Tom are off contract otherwise we run the risk of Baz taking them wherever he goes, in saying that, what club would put him on with his record at Manly... One of the most annoying things about TB, total under utilization of the bench. Frank didn't get on, Hodko for what 10 mins? Why not get Sipley on the bench and give him some game time. Jake was tired as coming back from origin. Surely we could have got some more punch on the bench..

5 errors in total, not really a lot

Ummm, you quoted a post from 2 weeks ago.

My post was in reference to the Panthers game, on Sat 30th June, where we had 13 errors according to the NRL website.

I classify 13 errors as more than " not really a lot". Do you ?

I'm still sitting on the proverbial fence in regards to Trent B. I hate the fact we only have a handful of wins and are near the bottom of the table with a team that should be Top 8. I would like to see maybe 6 games with our full roster before committing to the sack or save Barrett groups.
Seeing as Fulton hired him, I would also like to see some form of mentoring established. If Fulton is serious about our "rebuild", he should be there already.

Just has to go. And the trigger needs to be pulled ASAP. We don't want to sack him the same year Jake and Tom are off contract otherwise we run the risk of Baz taking them wherever he goes, in saying that, what club would put him on with his record at Manly... One of the most annoying things about TB, total under utilization of the bench. Frank didn't get on, Hodko for what 10 mins? Why not get Sipley on the bench and give him some game time. Jake was tired as coming back from origin. Surely we could have got some more punch on the bench..

This is funny.
If TB is such an utterly crap coach, why would two blokes who spend a lot of their week being managed by that crap coach want to go to another club with him and what fools would offer him a job anyway?

Isn’t it funny that turbos and DCE all kill it in origin but then come back to Manly under a idiot **** coach with no idea
Been thinking about the very same thing since origin.
Turbo was given clear instructions not to throw intercepts and get in and work hard to take the pressure off the forwards in attack.
His positional play and kick returns were faultless and he seemed confident.
He comes back to us and plays ad hoc.
Trying to get things done but sometimes there seems no reason to it.

Ummm, you quoted a post from 2 weeks ago.

My post was in reference to the Panthers game, on Sat 30th June, where we had 13 errors according to the NRL website.

I classify 13 errors as more than " not really a lot". Do you ?

my bad - it all blends into one

At least they are training now given the low error rate so should make you happy

I'm still sitting on the proverbial fence in regards to Trent B. I hate the fact we only have a handful of wins and are near the bottom of the table with a team that should be Top 8. I would like to see maybe 6 games with our full roster before committing to the sack or save Barrett groups.
Seeing as Fulton hired him, I would also like to see some form of mentoring established. If Fulton is serious about our "rebuild", he should be there already.

Sums up my feelings as well and would add not playing with the salary cap handicap handed to him from previous staff.

Just can't tell but so far he can coach every second year so the good news is we are specials in 2019!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8