Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am speaking general to the way you worded your comment... im not the one with the agenda here. To your point I said ALL players have strengths and weaknesses and they get debated time to time or have you never paid attention to this forum? I didn't say Saab doesn't have weaknesses. The coach will be the judge on when someone's weakness outweighs his value not me or you. But if youre asking my opinion which I never gave earlier, I think he is pretty safe of late, Jake gives away more 6 agains than anyone which can be argued puts more pressure on the team than any other individual player does hence tiring the team which can lead to others producing handling errors its all relative... when should it be debated about Jakes place on the team? I still wouldnt drop him or Saab or maybe you prefer Jorge back.

Sorry if I jumped on you ... yes all players have areas they can improve upon .. but Saab's strengths and weaknesses are very extreme edge stuff .. from best attack .. to worst tackling ... I have warmed to the kid and like his enthusiasm, and wish him well ..

Saab is definitely not the complete player.

He is fast and pretty good under the high ball. That's about it.

We need more out of yardage from him and when To'o starts shredding teams in the finals, this will really stand out. We also need him to display more urgency at times. Most of his running is straight line stuff too. Yesterday showed that his lateral movements are not fantastic.

I hope he keeps improving.

Saab's hands aren't great, and his defense still needs work. But one thing I noticed yesterday was that his early tackle hit ups have improved. Sure, we only played the last place Dogs yesterday, but he wasn't being rag dolled like he was earlier this year. Some of those runs he made good metres.

And I would still back him to out pace anyone else in the NRL, a fit Addo-Carr included.

For all of his perceived faults, he's still scored 22 tries this season. The last time a Manly player did that was Snake in 2008.

Last edited:
It's the first time since Scott Donald and Jack Elsegood that we have had a really quick winger.

That's a big positive, especially in the Vlandysball era, despite his obvious flaws with rucking it out, and handling.

Saab is definitely not the complete player.

He is fast and pretty good under the high ball. That's about it.

We need more out of yardage from him and when To'o starts shredding teams in the finals, this will really stand out. We also need him to display more urgency at times. Most of his running is straight line stuff too. Yesterday showed that his lateral movements are not fantastic.

I hope he keeps improving.
A heavy weights program over the off season might help him in this area. He has the potential to be one of the best wingers in the comp given some time to develop

I like Saab, but understand Woodsie's thoughts completely
He has some ordinary parts in his game that can hopefully improve with experience, toughness and size...and think he will be a top flight NRL winger when he does, but a way off atm,
Saab is a great target for Manly in attack....but unfortunately, he is also a great target for the opposition in defence...
Still not a much better feeling than Saab in space, where it's "shut the gates, the horse has bolted" :hi:

Last edited:
Our last try against the Dogs

11 seconds from bulldog disaster
DCE take an intercept 90 metres out from the Dogs try line

9 seconds from bulldog disaster
DCE gives the ball to the flying Sea eagle Saab

8 seconds from bulldog disaster
Saab soars away and leaves the slow mediocre mess behind him as he scores untouched

There is no Saabstitute for speed
If you dont have the pace
You are not in the fcking race
SPEED KILLS !!!

He has some ordinary parts in his game that can hopefully improve with experience, toughness and size...and think he will be a top flight NRL winger when he does, but a way off atm,
Saab is a great target for Manly in attack....but unfortunately, he is also a great target for the opposition im defence...
Still not a much better feeling than Saab in space, where it's "shut the gates, the horse has bolted" :hi:
I agree with Woodsie that there are a few flaws in his game but he is only young and the sky is the limit of improvement for our high flying Sea eagle

Saab is a great target for Manly in attack....but unfortunately, he is also a great target for the opposition im defence...
Yeah it's nice to have someone on the field that can turn those half chances into tries. I love that about him. We shift wide and if gets into space, he is quick enough to position his support for a try. In the past, we run downfield, get tackled and have to work for another opportunity.

Yeah it's nice to have someone on the field that can turn those half chances into tries. I love that about him. We shift wide and if gets into space, he is quick enough to position his support for a try. In the past, we run downfield, get tackled and have to work for another opportunity.

It also means we don’t need a gun centre. Just one that can defend well and have a good pass to Saab when there is even a little space. Which Harper is doing incredibly well.

Saab is a lot like Tupou used to be for the Roosters.

Tupou wasnt great either, but he helped the Roosters win a GF by playing to his strengths and his team knew how to make that happen.

Saab might just be that player we need that beats his man in the GF and wins us the game.

If Saab can do what Tapou did to Wolfman in the 2013 GF, everyone will be ecstatic. Against To'o would be nice.

It virtually ended Wolfmans career

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8