New Winger - Jason Saab

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Point taken about other wingers also perhaps struggling at the end of our back line this year... nevertheless, wasn’t Carrot playing outside the same two, Siro and Suli, in 2019 when he scored his 16 tries?

Yep, he was. But neither played ball hog in 2019.

Mate of course! I remember them all. I reckon I’ve watched each ep like 5-10times sone more!. Each character was brilliant in their own way but yes George probs takes it as the best main. Frank also a class act may he RIP. Kramer always a quality moment. So many fav eps. Devola/clown is up there for me. So many great characters,
So many great characters
Frank & Estelle
Newman
Mr Steinberner (guys hilarious)
Joe devola
And so many actors who just started out have been in Seinfeld.

RIP Frank

I'll be happy if the swap happens. But it won't devastate me if it doesn't. I think Garrick is more than competent. He just needs a bit of ball in open space. He might not be a representative winger but he can hold his own.

As @HoldenV8 said, our defensive system leaves our wingers exposed; especially against slick sides like Souths. Des needs to totally rethink his defensive approach or, if we cop a few injuries again, things will get ugly in 2021 as well.

What concerns me more is Jorge was a top try scorer this year. WTF ? Seriously ? I wonder if any other club had a leading try scorer with fewer tries.

The "insta-observation" I think is telling.
In attack I think Garricks main problem is that he doesn't think he is strong enough. Same goes with Saab but Garrick seems like a player that gets in his head about his on-field past. He has no confidence in his defence (also seen in many of his interviews) and when the going got tough this year his confidence steadily deteriorated, whereby by the end of the season his defencive indecision or attempts to shut down plays early (out of fear for being beaten) made him as vulnerable as Taufua. Unlike Taufua Garrick has some speed so he has potential, but he needs to be made more confident in himself and his strength. Look at Olam run at the storm, we need Garrick to run like that.

If he stays so be it, he still has potential. But he needs mental (and therefore physical) strength. Not a bridge too far and I hope we see him have a much better season.

Yeah and when he still lets in more tries than he scores because our defensive structure invites tries out wide ... what then?

The first time he rushes up and in and the opposition score out wide, just like with Jorge, just like with Reubs and any other wingers we have, he'll get crucified for it. And he'll get crucified for it every time it happens after that.

We can't always rely on having someone like Turbo at fullback to cover up the mess.
Spot on Hplden V8, This has been happening since Hasler V1. Those couple of seasons before 2011 it was happening and has been in our system ever since. Very frustrating.

It's called potential... he's a kid who is 198cm tall and he.s got genuine speed.
Some comments on the Dragons forum on Saab

Saab is no loss as he makes little impact and has no thrust or ball skills. I would not even rate him in our top six wingers as he is uncoordinated. He has size but no ability or application.

Excuse my ignorance but is he a Gun player....tbh Ive only seen him 2 or 3 times and whilst it was a short viewing he didnt strike me as a gun.....maybe some on here can varify if indeed they think he is highly rated

Re- Saab - I’m struggling to see where the offers from other clubs are? He has shown little effort whilst wanting to go elsewhere? If travel is such a drama then move to the Gong and get some independence and maturity. He has almost half the year to hang with his family, who are just 90 minutes up the freeway!!

Saab is not better than Pareira and Rava at the moment so why should one of then get dropped for him. If he is wanting a guarantee 1st grade spot without earning it then see ya later because he had a couple of weeks whilst Pereira was out and he really did not do anything to push Jordan out of the starting line up. He is a solid player but currently our 2 winger are better.

So Possm, would you put Saab into the squad ahead or Rava and Pereira? Or are you just saying to keep him as back up. That is probably the reason he wants to leave because he does not want to be a backup.

Suits me swapping Saab for Garrick...xtra kicker as well as a good finisher

I never saw much of young Saab play but tbh I wasnt that impressed from what I did see....having said that I hope he doesnt grow into another Tupou from the Roosters...then I would be really disappointed because along with Nofa from the Tigers I really rate those two wingers

Happy with this swap.

Saab doesn’t want to be at the club.

Don’t care why. Paltry excuses made.

He is unco-ordinated. That is something that is very difficult to rectify.

Had zero ability to take the high ball.

Garrick has had 2 good seasons at Manly.

He is actually a decent goal kicker.

Saw no career progression with Mary.

Welcome back to the red V Reuben.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10