[Resurrected] Saab vs Tuipulotu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No player will be picked for their goal kicking. Playing ability only, then we use DCE if Garrick isn’t picked.
Garrick won’t retain his spot for his kicking ability imo.
Not on last year's kicking but if he can get up to 85% then he'd be worth picking for goal kicking alone. Most on here are quite harsh on Garrick but apart from his poor efforts bringing the ball back he has star quality in all other aspects of his game. I'm backing him to make that wing spot his own and won't lose it!

I think we have to be prepared for Des' reluctance to make fast, decisive changes, at least for the first part of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see experience take precedence over potential for the first rounds - Jorge n Garrick likely to start. Then after Jorge drifts off his wing and lets in a try, or fails to turn in time when someone kicks in behind him, he might eventually be replaced...then drift in and out of the team for a while. Des is extremely loyal, which is usually a good thing - but it does often seem to cloud his judgment on week-to-week performance.
Jorge won’t be ready for round 1. I doubt he will be game ready for quite some time. An achillies takes a long time to recover and most people aren’t the same after it. Jorge won’t start, but I hear you when you speak of Des’ stubbornness at times.

We can’t afford another year like last year, Saab and Tuipulotu aren’t 18 year old kids, they are ready to go and both physical specimens with speed. Unleash the crackens Des...unleash!

Just a story an Saab from League Nation.....

After asking for numerous releases out of his contract at a struggling Dragons side last year young high-flyer Jason Saab is set to start on the wing for the Manly Sea Eagles this season. A club where he finally seems to feel comfortable playing footy at.
1f929.png

Saab showed glimpses of his talent at St George but was constantly in and out of the rotation therefore, he was never given the opportunity to fully find his rhythm in first grade.
‍♀️

After dealing with the tragic loss of one of his best mates Manly Player Keith Titmuss. Saab has a lot to play for this year as do the rest of his Manly team mates. On the back of a fully fit Tommy Turbo we believe Manly will be a sneaky premiership chance this season (they always are) and we believe that Saab will be a beneficiary of that.
1f4aa.png

Not to mention he will be lead by one of our games best leaders Daly Cherry-Evans who will help guide him and put him in places to be successful. Look for Cherry-Evans to kick to Saabs wing on many occasions throughout the season in the hope Saab can pull off some spectacular try's with his high flying ability.
1f525.png

Guess that it is also going to be an experience factor for Saab and Tippytoes but Garrick adjusted quickly to N R L level in his i st Manly season and did well enough . Sabb has already had a taste and with the right preparation and attitude , no reason why he can not make a go of it at season "s start . If he can start off for instance at say an Edrick Lee level and soon hopefully get close to a Danial Toupu level , would be a great outcome of course and every chance doable . Tippytoes might also be regarded as a centre prospect but looks to have the goods as well . both do not seem to lack genuine speed and that can be just as much an asset in attack as well as defence and especially turn and chase and sliding defence

• 🏆
Reactions: R3
In 2021, these are 2 new faces I'm personally looking forward to seeing in action.
Saab has Super wheels and can score long range tries, plus is an absolute weapon in the air.
Also has good vision as seems to be unselfish in the open and pick up team mates with sweet inside passes, yet has the ability to use his height to stretch out for tries most would not even consider.
His training reseme is also looking good as he has piled on muscle already, so he could be a very deadly weapon for pure size.....an ideal addition no doubt,
Tuipulotu is a highly rated NZ gem, who is the perfect athletic outside back rated up with he best out of NZ as a junior and I was super impressed with his only 1st grade game vs Storm - scoring a try, making big metres and did not panic when Storm peppered the debutants wing in defence, but my favourite aspect was toughness....was grilled early by zealous Melbourne defence to test him, but kept coming back, even making half breaks through the middle....this kid Can play and imo - will feature in 2021.
Just another interesting thing I noticed - Roosters had him defending at left centre much of the game and done well....
Is it possible at all, that Garrick could well be under pressure and both these boys end up taking a wing each ??
I reckon Des will probably go with Reuben ahead of Tuipulotu for round one. But he will be under the microscope during the early rounds. The four year contract Tuipulotu signed is an indication of the high regard the coach has for him.

I reckon Des will probably go with Reuben ahead of Tuipulotu for round one. But he will be under the microscope during the early rounds. The four year contract Tuipulotu signed is an indication of the high regard the coach has for him.
The 4 year deal is definitely eye-catching. He must have really impressed with his character and discipline as well as athletic potential. I have no idea what he's like as a player but conceivably he could start out as cover for full-back, wing, and centre? Maybe in direct competition with Funa.

The 4 year deal is definitely eye-catching. He must have really impressed with his character and discipline as well as athletic potential. I have no idea what he's like as a player but conceivably he could start out as cover for full-back, wing, and centre? Maybe in direct competition with Funa.
IF you get a chance SER8, I recommend watch a replay of his debut vs Storm.
Tough, physical finals type encounter and he was targetted early when making the ugly hitups (where he didn't back down) and made well over 100m, a line break and a try (which I feel most wingers at NRL would comfortably finish), but looked likely, enthusiastic and as rated - quite the athelete.
What intrigued me was on debut, is the fact Roosters had him defending often in the centres, where he made great decisions for a rookie and tackled with purpose...personally see him in top grade in 2021 and once given opportunity, will be hard to shift out.

Tough, physical finals type encounter and he was targetted early when making the ugly hitups (where he didn't back down) and made well over 100m, a line break and a try (which I feel most wingers at NRL would comfortably finish), but looked likely, enthusiastic and as rated - quite the athelete.
What intrigued me was on debut, is the fact Roosters had him defending often in the centres, where he made great decisions for a rookie and tackled with purpose...personally see him in top grade in 2021 and once given opportunity, will be hard to shift out.
I'm glad you summarised it for me maxta, because I don't really want to watch a roosters game.

Thanks, I just watched the first 3 minutes and I conclude, we 'got a good'un'!
He has got plenty of size, showed a step and burst of acceleration, and outleaped defenders to catch a bomb and keep an attack going. If he keeps growing he could even end up as a dynamite forward!

He has got plenty of size, showed a step and burst of acceleration, and outleaped defenders to catch a bomb and keep an attack going. If he keeps growing he could even end up as a dynamite forward!

All of which is why I have not been convinced that Saab is the walk up starter many are claiming, and why I had Saab just behind Garrick and Tuipolotu ... from the little I have seen of Tuipolotu he appears to be the complete package .. If Saab has the football ability to go with his physical attributes, we will be blessed for centres and wingers ..

All of which is why I have not been convinced that Saab is the walk up starter many are claiming, and why I had Saab just behind Garrick and Tuipolotu ... from the little I have seen of Tuipolotu he appears to be the complete package .. If Saab has the football ability to go with his physical attributes, we will be blessed for centres and wingers ..
Tuipilotu in my opinion will take Walker's centre position next year.
We definitely have some exciting depth this year, so much so that poor Harper doesn't even get mentioned when talking about our backs

Where can you/did you watch it? Thx

Just on "Tippytoes", was informed he is such a powerhouse could easily be a backrow option ?.....this is someone who is qualified to judge and does this for a living, unlike myself who only seen 1 game played in his debut vs Storm.
Also, he was picked up on a long term deal with Warriors at 13yo and almost Every NRL team inquired about his services. when his deal was up, with the Roosters as usual, winning the race.
Have a very talented player on our hands here and more versatile than I realised, as I was seeing him as a centre/winger.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4