Saab is quick

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cook would have made that tackle on ANY player in the game, unless palmed off or stepped inside.
He had the angle and as a beach sprint champion over 50m on a wet ground, is his perfect ground.
Anyone judging Saab as not a speedster based on that, simply doesn't get the situation.

Cook would have made that tackle on ANY player in the game, unless palmed off or stepped inside.
He had the angle and as a beach sprint champion over 50m on a wet ground, is his perfect ground.
Anyone judging Saab as not a speedster based on that, simply doesn't get the situation.
Double winner. Basically said that last night. Cook is quick and was on about the 30metre line when Saab got it 5 out. He just legged it for 30 meters full til and got him. Cool is arguably one of the quickest in the comp over that distance. Saab actually flew past a number of players and was moving, it was a shame the one player on the field that could have reeled him in was on his tail.

on a side note, I really like the Saab purchase. He’ll keep getting better and see his first try coming vs Saints.

god knows why we put up those bombs to the corner for him in those conditions. But it was Dce and Foran, so seeing sense and trying to get repeat sets was a bit beyond them I guess.

Double winner. Basically said that last night. Cook is quick and was on about the 30metre line when Saab got it 5 out. He just legged it for 30 meters full til and got him. Cool is arguably one of the quickest in the comp over that distance. Saab actually flew past a number of players and was moving, it was a shame the one player on the field that could have reeled him in was on his tail.

on a side note, I really like the Saab purchase. He’ll keep getting better and see his first try coming vs Saints.

god knows why we put up those bombs to the corner for him in those conditions. But it was Dce and Foran, so seeing sense and trying to get repeat sets was a bit beyond them I guess.
Your spot on....when I seen the bloke with the angle in cover was Cook - I was pretty much "please....anyone else and it's a try"

Yes they are both sprinters.

This observation and putting down of known speedsters being run down with the ball by players who are supposed to be slower is such a brain dead thought process.

First of all the player with ball in hand is probably losing 1 to 1.5 seconds "at least" per 50mtres from his normal speed as you only have one arm free to work with and two you are not just completely focused on running and thinking about unknown defenders on your way----your mindset is not relaxed as it is with chasing a target.

Slow players can run down speedsters often in this scenario. If the roles were reversed I'm sure Saab would do the same thing to Cook at probably a faster rate.
Not sure they lose 1.5 seconds every 50m. That means Adding Carr and Saab would be 13 seconds for 100m. I could do that when I was 11, I don't think an 11 yr old me is running down Saab.... but I get your point, they definitely lose a good 5m over the 100m

Not sure they lose 1.5 seconds every 50m. That means Adding Carr and Saab would be 13 seconds for 100m. I could do that when I was 11, I don't think an 11 yr old me is running down Saab.... but I get your point, they definitely lose a good 5m over the 100m
Players with better running techniques with the ball will lose less time relative to others, i think you will be surprised how much speed is reduced with ball in hand.(especially the first 20mtrs trying to get up to speed and the last 20mtrs fatiguing)

So often slow forwards that are considerably slower chase down speedsters---yes 1.5 is stretching it for most but not all.

No way is Cook running down Saab without ball in hand and he done so in such a short space of time.(we all know Saab's top end speed is more than Cook)

Would be great half time show entertainment for the GF having large Front Row Forwards without the ball over 100mtrs against speedy backs with the ball.(even for light hearted fun at training)

Good to see this kid has some speed and full credit to him

Ey6PFhJVUAMBqxj.jpeg

13 seconds is fast - think I was around 16 lol.

If he can mould his game on like a Daniel Tupou, I think he’d go good.
‘But, as mentioned, how the hell is he going to get the ball from our two biggest hogs in Siro and Suli. Hopefully DCE will put away those stupid midfield bombs, and start kicking high or low to his wing.
There is a third hog: Dylan W.

Re Saab, enjoy it whilst it lasts. I give his knees 6 months. Tops.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4