Rumoured Signings 2008/2009

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Read on another site Manly are chasing Dean Whare from the Dragons

Biography
Dean is an exciting centre who has great footwork. When not training Dean works with the Dragons Community team in both the St. George and Illawarra regions.
  Won't be signing don't believe the hype ;D

Phil Bailey wants to play in the NRL after his contract with Leeds ends at the end of the season. He shopping himself around and a few clubs are intrested if the price is right.
He would love to finish off playing along side his brother Chris.

DUFFMAN link said:
Phil Bailey wants to play in the NRL after his contract with Leeds ends at the end of the season. He shopping himself around and a few clubs are intrested if the price is right.

Pass.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=176969.msg229773#msg229773 date=1245936668]

Pass.
[/quote]

Double Pass, he can't even get a gig in the ESL, why would we want him? He should look to the Sharks or Souths they might be his only options.

We as in Manly? Where'd you hear that?

I find it highly doubtful... Burgess recently re-signed until 2011 or something didn't he?

I know he wants to test himself out in the NRL, but he's the best young prop in the super league. There's no rush, surely.

Either way - he'd be a huge signing for anyone who gets him if he does come down under...

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=147538&page=2
Latest rumour is that Manly are after Bradfords Sam Burgess, once again your biggest rival for his signiture is West Tigers.

He's an outstanding player who will go on to be World Class without any doubt, he stands about 6'5\" and weighs in at around 17st, he has superb hands and could easily play at 13 but he has been used as a second row or prop so far.

He's as tough as they come both mentaly and physicaly as Moi Moi will attest to after an 18 year old Sam smashed him all over the park when NZ played GB a couple of years back.

He'll cut it in the NRL and then some!

He would be a fair dinkum star in no time. Wonderful talent and comfortably the best young forward in the world in my opinion.

TigerNige link said:
Rumour over here is that we are going to sign Sam Burgess from Bradford Bulls. Anyone heard anything ?.

WOW - 6 foot 6 & 110 kilos born in 1988. 79 games for Bradford and 3 tests

Moi mois comment - "His tackle sent me flying and gave me a concussion. One second I was running at full pace, next I was on the floor" Fuifui Moimoi After the big shot by Burgess, Moimoi was unable to eat solid foods for a week. Moimoi attempted to return the favour when the two teams next met.

C'mon Beaver, send him over along with yourself for 2010.

Brookvale link said:
[quote author=TigerNige link=topic=176969.msg231148#msg231148 date=1246881364]
Rumour over here is that we are going to sign Sam Burgess from Bradford Bulls. Anyone heard anything ?.

WOW - 6 foot 6 & 110 kilos born in 1988. 79 games for Bradford and 3 tests

Moi mois comment - "His tackle sent me flying and gave me a concussion. One second I was running at full pace, next I was on the floor" Fuifui Moimoi After the big shot by Burgess, Moimoi was unable to eat solid foods for a week. Moimoi attempted to return the favour when the two teams next met.

C'mon Beaver, send him over along with yourself for 2010.

[/quote]

http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/player/92/Sam%20Burgess

Sounds like he would be a awesome signing wow he is a giant

Travis BURNS possible return to MANLY 2010

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=5960151#post5960151

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=bretta23 link=topic=176969.msg237370#msg237370 date=1250607664]
i heard we were getting Jake king from Richmond(AFL) as a backup for orford.

And his brother Jo King.
[/quote]

What about his other brother Wayne?

I am not a big Burns fan at all, but potentially could fill Heaths spot in the squad, not in the 17, if he was willing to not take too much money

I was watching the sports news last night and according to Russell Crowe, Sam Burgess is almost a done deal.

"He is very keen to join South Sydney, he has one green eye and one red eye already," Crowe told reporters at a club function.

C'mon Beaver, steer him away from the dark side.

He won't be joining us we only sign reserve graders and over rated wingers these days.Also why would he join us when he and his manager can't even talk to our chief exec because we don't have one

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6