Rumoured Signings 2008/2009

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=176969.msg194787#msg194787 date=1219961465]
Jezz I would give up my left nut if we could pick up Jennings

trouble is who would you punt to put him in ?
[/quote]

Well we do have a centre leaving at the end of the year.

Leave Lyon in the 6, throw Bailey and T Williams in the back row mix

Actually after seeing him in person in the last roun, Jennings does has major defensive problems - Beaver/Bell ran past him as if he wasn't there.

Not too fussed about losing him

With Hodkinson in the club for a few years and Orford leaving (with the possibility of extending his contract another year or so too) then we are sweet for halfbacks I think.

I also think we will be chasing Todd Carney and possibly Tim Smith when he is ready to come back. Not worried in the slightest.

u guys excited about getting Tony Williams? im unsure about him, seemed like he was overhyped...from what i saw anyway. hes a big bastard though i'll give him that.

we are gonna need a winger in the near future..wanna send Davey Williams over to the Dragons pls??  :-*

Manly will not be chasing Tim Smith. Todd Carney, yes. Smith, absolutely not.

Kiki, back off Williams. He's loving life on the beaches! Let the man be! As for Tony Williams, I think he showed he's got potential. The entire Parra team underperformed this year, so perhaps he is overhyped, perhaps he just under-delivered (like the rest of their 'stars' in Hayne, Inu etc).

He's just a massive unit with good footwork and plenty of skills. If he can add some footy brains and some toughness into the mix then you've built an excellent player. Manly haven't chased too many duds in recent years. Most of the guys we get have to tick every box when it comes to Dessie, Crusher, Dennis Moore, Donny Singe, Tooves....if you can get past those guys then you've done well and deserve your spot at the club - and you're not likely to waste it.

but but...he would look so lovely in the Red V!  :'(

yeh you're probs right re tony williams. once dessie gets his into his brain he's gonna improve outta sight.

i really wouldnt wanna see Carney in maroon and white. he is icky and you guys are better than that.

Fro link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=176969.msg195344#msg195344 date=1220421083]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=176969.msg194787#msg194787 date=1219961465]
Jezz I would give up my left nut if we could pick up Jennings

tbh I wouldnt be at all surprised that if we win the GF, we might have a centre and a 5/8 leaving. 

trouble is who would you punt to put him in ?
[/quote]

Well we do have a centre leaving at the end of the year.

Leave Lyon in the 6, throw Bailey and T Williams in the back row mix
[/quote]

Kiki link said:
hey guys how long is davey williams signed to the sea eagles for?

Havent heard of his contract status but I reckon Manly will be/or allready put something to him

he will not go to the Dragons

also his beard is coming off on Monday

We've got him under contract till the end of next year. Manly are obviously keen to tie him down for an extension, but his asking price keeps rising! I'd be surprised if he didn't stay at Manly for another year or two though.

bahaha dude i wasnt asking so he could come to the dragons i was just wondering! coz yeh as will said his asking price must be rising i was wondering if they could fit him under the salary cap thats all.

I reckon the kid will play Origin next season
seaeaglenest_thumbsup.gif

Not sure if this has already been said somewhere, but for those interested I ran into big Jack Afamasaga the other day and he said he has signed a one year deal with the sharks.

That's good to hear. Good luck to Jack, I hope he does well - even if it is for the Sharks.

He's a champion bloke with a fair bit of ability, but hasn't been able to recover from his knee troubles at Parra and probably wasn't able to make the most of his time at Manly (like others have).

Jack is okay on the metres but his lateral movement and defense was a bit suspect. One game in first grade this season was all he got and with the roster we have he is way back on the list.

Glad to see him move on although he'll only pick up bad habits down as Scummy Park.  He was just not up to the top grade with us and you're right Canteen, his lateral defense was dreadful.  Just a go forward sort of guy.  You need more in this day and age. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6