Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reserve Grader
RE: Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Matt Johns making stuff up again

Exactly.:dodgy:

I finish up at work 30 June so plan to call that Grill team (will persist til I get through as I will have heaps of free time) and speak to Matt Johns - I distinctly recall him saying - 100% both Stewarts will follow Des to the Doghouse (due to their apparent codependance to Des as a result of unconditional loyalty during the Gallop and assault case) & Foran too. The way he spoke was of undenied certainty. Really really annoying and completely off the mark.

If you hear 1947 on air in the coming month yes folks it is me

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

#Raiders CEO Don Furner says his club has given Manly hooker Matt Balin a deadline of the end of the weekend to decide on the Raiders offer

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

I heard Ballin say just 7 days ago he would either be at Manly, Cowboys,or Raiders in 2013, most likely Manly.

lloydy

Reserve Grader

Ballin deserves a good pay day, but I imagine it would be hard for him to leave the beaches and move to Canberra.

EagleRock40

Reserve Grader

I think a few clubs are waiting on T-Rex's decision. If Trex stays with us, the Dogs will sign Corey Parker - guaranteed, and we will lose Ballin. If Trex leaves, Ballin will stay.

Masked Eagle

Bencher

Stevo said:
If that's true i'd rather lose Trex than Ballin and Wolf.

I think T-Rex has the potential to hurt us more if he left. Especially if he continues on his development at another club.

I'm not underselling what Ballin and Wolfman bring, but both are role players and whilst they do it extremely well, T-Rex is someone who can win you the game in a moment. I know Wolfy and Ballin have done their fare share of big plays as well, but overall T-Rex has more of that potential.

Also T-Rex is only 23 and you'd think his best years are still a head of him. Ballin is 28 and the beating he has put his body through will surely start to take its toll in a few years. Wolfman injuries will also likely curtail his career.

I guess I'd back the clubs recruitment to be able to unearth another good hooker or wing, but T-Rex has the potential to be the most destructive player in the game and they aren't as easy to get a hold of and have that slip through your fingers could be gutwrentching, especially if he delivered for another club.

Stevo

First Grader

I agree ME but i disagree also.

3 out of 12 games Trex has played this year. Will he get suspended again? Maybe. Will his back re injure? Maybe. That's not alot of bang for your buck. Granted Wolfman is injury prone also but if losing T-rex helps us keep 2-3 others then is that bad or good luck. Bad or good management?

I also think that T-rex is the player of the future, so to speak. He's not the only one of his kind. Dave Taylor also plays tho role quite well. Maybe even better considering he can ball play as well. The modern utillity is a big bloke with ball skills and i reckon a few more will pop up sooner rather than later.

Berkeley_Eagle

Stevo said:

3 out of 12 games Trex has played this year. Will he get suspended again? Maybe. Will his back re injure? Maybe. That's not alot of bang for your buck. Granted Wolfman is injury prone also but if losing T-rex helps us keep 2-3 others then is that bad or good luck. Bad or good management?

I also think that T-rex is the player of the future, so to speak. He's not the only one of his kind. Dave Taylor also plays tho role quite well. Maybe even better considering he can ball play as well. The modern utillity is a big bloke with ball skills and i reckon a few more will pop up sooner rather than later.
One could say the same about Brett, Skivvy, killer etc

Masked Eagle

Bencher

Stevo said:

All valid points. I'm sure we'll cope either way no matter who we lose, so at least thats something to hang our hats on.

Garts

First Grader

mcatt said:
Shoe1 said:
Silly mmm team discussed ballin to parra or dogs this morn. Do you think they'll get one right soon? Ennis to be cut apparently. Question, if we lose ballin to the dogs, do we bring ennis "home" to manly. He's cranky frank's grandson and a lifelong eagles fan.

Seems odd to me that Hasler would promote Ennis to captain, sing from the roof tops that he should be the origin hooker, and then cut him.

Monas?

Stevo

First Grader

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Stevo said:

One could say the same about Brett, Skivvy, killer etc

Maybe, but T-rex has only really given us 1 year of wow factor. The others have been doing it for much longer than that.

I like T-rex. But i just think cutting him loose could save many more players who are less injured, less suspended and less hit and miss.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member

Meanwhile, specualtion on Tony Williams’ future continues to drag on.

It is believed Canterbury were very close to securing his services earlier this week for at least three seasons, only to see T-Rex change his mind at the eleventh hour.

A decision is expected by Sunday, with a source close to the Manly Daily revealing the genuine mateship among the Sea Eagles’ playing group could result in Williams extending his stay.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/panthers-snare-whare/

Stevo said:
3 out of 12 games Trex has played this year. Will he get suspended again? Maybe. Will his back re injure? Maybe.

You could say the same thing about any player in the NRL. Anyone could get a season ending injury. If we signed players on "maybe's" we'd have no one.

Haz88

Reserve Grader

Hope he stays on we have built him up and now he is one of the most damaging forwards in the game and his best years are ahead of him.. I hope those years are with us.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019

As I said this smelt like
Foran all over again. As soon as zorbas henchmen at the tele announced he was gone it seemed
Like it wasn't over just yet.

Berkeley_Eagle

Brad Walter ‏@BradWalterSMH Also understand Parra have withdrawn from race for Willams

THE Bulldogs have secured boom star Sam Kasiano long-term, with the hulking prop signing until at least the end of the 2015 NRL season.

Kasiano, who joined the Bulldogs in 2010 from Brisbane Norths, has been rewarded for his stunning form in 2012.

“I love the Bulldogs,” said Kasiano, the NRL’s biggest player. “They gave me a start and I’m really happy to be staying.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member

I'll say it again, T-Rex has told his team mates he's staying. Only a silly 11th hour offer of the magnitude of Hoppa will change that.

moffy

just read this at the kennel hope trex reads it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fck T.Williams! I'm sick to death of this speculation! Fck off and stay with Manly!

If he was serious with signing for us he wouldn't be fck arsing around!

Grow a set Tony!!!! d this at the kennel

Berkeley_Eagle

moffy said:
just read this at the kennel hope trex reads it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fck T.Williams! I'm sick to death of this speculation! Fck off and stay with Manly!

If he was serious with signing for us he wouldn't be fck arsing around!

Grow a set Tony!!!! d this at the kennel

funny how these morons post like they talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18