Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumoured Signings

patorick2010 said:
Their board will never agree to it though BE.

And it starts all over again. Hasler wants Willie the bulldogs board doesn't hasler will do what haslers do and act like a spoilt brat until he gets his man. There are cracks already. I don't think des will serve out the whole 4 years

Cambo said:
patorick2010 said:

And it starts all over again. Hasler wants Willie the bulldogs board doesn't hasler will do what haslers do and act like a spoilt brat until he gets his man. There are cracks already. I don't think des will serve out the whole 4 years

No secret that hasler also wants SBW at the dogs next year. That will fracture the board and fans even more.

Waits for the rumours and stories about the bulldog board to surface

instead of another thread

Manly's halves measures put Williams, Stewart on Sharks' wish list

CRONULLA have added an extra element of spice to tonight's showdown with Manly, signalling an interest in Sea Eagles internationals Brett Stewart and Tony Williams, who could be forced out of the premiers' roster in the furious battle to keep Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans.
The future of a raft of Manly players is up in the air and will remain so while the club continues negotiations with their halves and the collateral damage of their retention looks certain to be the departure of others.
Stewart is off contract at the end of the year and Williams has an option in his favour for next year that allows him to talk to other clubs.

The Sharks, in direct contrast to the Sea Eagles, do not have any of the same salary cap concerns and despite often being maligned for their financial troubles are in their best buying position for years in terms of room under the cap and the absence of back-ended deals with existing players.
Stewart and Williams are two players who have featured in Cronulla's recruitment discussions.
''We're out there - we're in a situation like every club, always looking to improve your roster,'' Sharks coach Shane Flanagan said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manlys-halves-measures-put-williams-stewart-on-sharks-wish-list-20120318-1vds9.html#ixzz1pV0f2700

Berkeley_Eagle said:
instead of another thread

Manly's halves measures put Williams, Stewart on Sharks' wish list

CRONULLA have added an extra element of spice to tonight's showdown with Manly, signalling an interest in Sea Eagles internationals Brett Stewart and Tony Williams, who could be forced out of the premiers' roster in the furious battle to keep Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans.
The future of a raft of Manly players is up in the air and will remain so while the club continues negotiations with their halves and the collateral damage of their retention looks certain to be the departure of others.
Stewart is off contract at the end of the year and Williams has an option in his favour for next year that allows him to talk to other clubs.

The Sharks, in direct contrast to the Sea Eagles, do not have any of the same salary cap concerns and despite often being maligned for their financial troubles are in their best buying position for years in terms of room under the cap and the absence of back-ended deals with existing players.
Stewart and Williams are two players who have featured in Cronulla's recruitment discussions.
''We're out there - we're in a situation like every club, always looking to improve your roster,'' Sharks coach Shane Flanagan said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/manlys-halves-measures-put-williams-stewart-on-sharks-wish-list-20120318-1vds9.html#ixzz1pV0f2700
Can't believe this one,I'm sure they would love to have them, along with most other Sydney clubs, but the Sharks are career killers, no player has ever really kicked on with the Sharks after signing up with them, the list is a mile long.
Brett may consider it because it will probably be his last contract, but
T Rex has his future in front of him.

Cambo said:
patorick2010 said:

Well he has a few clubs to choose from that would offer more money than the scumdogs:

1. Souths
2. Parramatta
3. Roosters

Chris Heighington was in our local chicken shop over the weekend telling the owner Tigers are about to sign mason...

Pride said:
Chris Heighington was in our local chicken shop over the weekend telling the owner Tigers are about to sign mason...

Just when tigers supporters thought that their season couldn't get any worse.

The paper yesterday said that Sheens is also looking at Rose as well. George might be released early from his contract if another team wants to sign him.

Might free up a $100k from our salary cap plus third party sponsorship from Hungry cracks.

We thought Cooper Cronk was over the line with the Gold Coast Titans but an NRL insider told Triple M's The Grill Team the star Melbourne Storm halfback met with the St George Dragons on Monday.
"I think there's a real chance with that. I wouldn't be going with the Titans. I mean, [the Titans] have offered Cooper Cronk $800,000 a year for four years but is he gonna get that money?," said Grill Team host Matty Johns.
"At the moment you're looking at the Dragons. They went after [Tim] Moltzen hard and that shows they either need a fullback or need someone else to fill in the halves to push [current halfback] Ben Hornby back to fullback. I think there is real credence in that.
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/blog/exclusive-cooper-cronk-in-talks-with-st-george-dragons/20120328-fynm.html

Berkeley_Eagle said:
We thought Cooper Cronk was over the line with the Gold Coast Titans but an NRL insider told Triple M's The Grill Team the star Melbourne Storm halfback met with the St George Dragons on Monday.
"I think there's a real chance with that. I wouldn't be going with the Titans. I mean, [the Titans] have offered Cooper Cronk $800,000 a year for four years but is he gonna get that money?," said Grill Team host Matty Johns.
"At the moment you're looking at the Dragons. They went after [Tim] Moltzen hard and that shows they either need a fullback or need someone else to fill in the halves to push [current halfback] Ben Hornby back to fullback. I think there is real credence in that.
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/blog/exclusive-cooper-cronk-in-talks-with-st-george-dragons/20120328-fynm.html

Surely Ben Hornbys days as a fullback are long gone.

Is this the same 'insider' that gave them the tip that Brett was off to the Dragons?

The sad thing with Rose is the fact he is a good impact player minus the obvious battle of the bulge.
If fit he could have maybe changed the momentum of the last 2 games but only has his appetite to blame for his spot in the NSW Cup.

WAMF said:
Is this the same 'insider' that gave them the tip that Brett was off to the Dragons?

In fairness to the media outlets that suggested Brett was off to the Dragons. Isn't it known now that the story was peddled by his manager in an attempt to force Manly to the negotation table? If that's the case and you're a journo and you here from a players manager they are going to another club, you'd think that would be a fairly reliable source of information.

I've said it before but with rumours we blame the media too much. They don't have to make this stuff up because there are people with all sorts of agendas giving them the information. If someone connected to a player, club, manager, etc tells you something then why wouldn't you print it? Sure you could wait and check all the facts but you aren't going to last long in the news industry if your rivals scoop you by 3 days while you wait to see if its true.

Plus plenty of deals get scuppered at the last minute. I know for a fact Joe Williams had agreed to sign with Manly years ago and pulled out at the last minute as Souths came in with a decent offer and Richardson played the guilt card about how they had given him a chance.

RLW Mole reckons McRose is being shopped around. You'd think the Tigers would have to be keen as they have no go forward at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10