Rumour - Ballin to Cows

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If the auditors don't finish the titans then those pricks from the Commonwealth Bank will shortly as they want their $20m back

lsz said:
I am interested to see if the club can still find players like Ballin and Matai post crusher

I'd like to think its the club as much as Crusher with blokes like that. Sure Crusher found them, but I don't think they would have been half the players they were if they went to the Sharks, Roosters, Bunnies etc.

Also would Crusher have found those blokes if we were a rich club? If you have money to spend you generally spend it but Crusher was looking for cheapies.

Bought my RLW well the mole seems to think, Foran has told team mates he is staying and snake manager was trying to get more money out of the club. Please make a decision boys i want to get talking football.

Masked Eagle said:
lsz said:
I am interested to see if the club can still find players like Ballin and Matai post crusher

I'd like to think its the club as much as Crusher with blokes like that. Sure Crusher found them, but I don't think they would have been half the players they were if they went to the Sharks, Roosters, Bunnies etc.

Also would Crusher have found those blokes if we were a rich club? If you have money to spend you generally spend it but Crusher was looking for cheapies.

Yep. Spot on Masked Eagle. That's what makes Crusher good at his job. The gift of spotting a rough diamond. Rich club or poor club, talented cheapies are highly sort after.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I know Matt and his wife Shannon quite well, they are VERY happy at Manly and with the Northern Beaches lifestyle....I imagine it would only be if he got a really crap offer that he'd go...be very surprised to see him move on...I in fact think he's future Captain material!!

It's actually Shannan, Mark. :D

Yeah typo mate, but I make plenty of them so don't worry!!

By the way don't be too worried about talent scouting, Dave Warwick is the one that did most of the work over the last few years at Manly and he's still there!!

And so is the old network of talent watchers (I was talking to one recently and he laughed when I said "how come you haven't followed CRisher to the Dogs")

Mark from Brisbane said:
Yeah typo mate, but I make plenty of them so don't worry!!

By the way don't be too worried about talent scouting, Dave Warwick is the one that did most of the work over the last few years at Manly and he's still there!!

And so is the old network of talent watchers (I was talking to one recently and he laughed when I said "how come you haven't followed CRisher to the Dogs")

See I did it again "Crusher to the Dogs"....it's my "doing three things at once typing"

I heard that at least one very important scount, and the one who found DCE and Ballin, followed crusher to the dogs.

tookey said:
I heard that at least one very important scount, and the one who found DCE and Ballin, followed crusher to the dogs.

It's catching even Tookey is doing it!!!

lsz said:

Not sure of Ballin, but Matai bought himself to the club. He come down from Ipswich in the off-season and then backed himself to hang around and earn a contract. Nothing to do with Crushers 'net' in this case.

Fair enough re Matai but you look at how many blokes we dug up / got the best from (players like Glenn Hall, Bryant...even smoking Joe who was on the way out)

I am not sure we will know the true anser for many a year

Crusher didnt find alot of players,the dogs REALLY wanted Warwick and rumour is this is the bloke Des harrased in his own driveway for hours

Mark from Brisbane said:
You can be assured that the dogs were dirty!!!

You sure can, could you expect anything different from an animal that licks its balls, sniffs other dogs arses and eats its own crap :D

Sum's up the dog's to a T

They are all dirty dirty dirty mutts that hide behind the so called family banner. :p

Crusher did not find many players?

Come on I know we are dirty at him for leaving but that is a bit far

As for Warwick lets hope he keeps up the good work!

mozgrame said:
Bennett was very unhappy with Ballin leaving. If the Titans can't convince the auditiors that have been sent in today, then what happens? It's a long way to the start of 2013, and contracts these days are made to be broken it seems. If the Titans can't produce the money to pay Dave, and their bean counters were aware of that when talks were held, then the offer and subsequent contract would be dead in the water. Hello Cowboys.

You arent getting mixed up with Whare are you ? Bennett was filthy when we nabbed him from Saints, but the story has always been as far as I know he wasn't keen on Ballin at all

From memory Ballin was running around with the Clydesdale's about 6yrs ago when I was living in Toowoomba, don't think he ever got on the paddock in firsts for the Bronco's.

He's 30yo now so he was a bit of a late starter, coming from Kingaroy I'm sure he's pretty happy to be on the northern beaches, can't see him in any hurry to rush off...unless it's for last contract big bucks!

Bennet told ballin he wasn't a first grader. It's well documented. Same as he did billy slater. Bennet likes his players to see him as a father figure I think and if the don't see him that way then they don't fit in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4