Rule changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Will we see teams named their "poorer" defending backs as forwards then?
No, they would name their 6 forwards plus usually at least 3 off the bench. If big boppers are not lining up in the backs, there will be less need to cover for poor defenders in the backs - conditions would be the same as in general play. Teams will still position bigger backs to run at smaller backs. Hopefully, the end result is more exciting play & tries from scrums

Why not just get the players to wear a tag around their waist so the defence only has to pull the tag off to be a tackle. Lots of benefits. Players won't get hurt, no head high tackles, won't get their jumpers dirty (but I know this won't help us much).; I really am over this rule tinkering shiete, I still want the corner post to be in play.@:mad:

The cancelling of scrums when a kick finds touch: I know some will like this, but I don't. We are eroding the tradition of the game. Yes, scrums are no longer a contest, but as many will point out, at least the scrum changes the attacking and defensive structures for that particular play.

It is a trial after all. It will change the defensive tactic (esp. late in a game) of kicking the ball out to slow the game down. In some cases, it would allow the team who regains the ball to attack before the kicking team has a chance to reset their defence. Overall, it should keep the ball in play longer and maybe allow quick and agile players to shine more (less bash & barge).

It is a trial after all. It will change the defensive tactic (esp. late in a game) of kicking the ball out to slow the game down. In some cases, it would allow the team who regains the ball to attack before the kicking team has a chance to reset their defence. Overall, it should keep the ball in play longer and maybe allow quick and agile players to shine more (less bash & barge).
I take your point and I do think that is the impact it will have; however, I don't necessarily believe its good for the game given the speed has jumped considerably since the six again rule. I think it is important to allow periods of rest for players and a changing tempo now and then. Yes its tactical, but I think that is alright. As you say - its just a trial so see how it goes.

I cannot stand the 6 to go because it's too inconsistent and you have no idea what it's for? One play the ball can be penalized but looks no different to 20 others the same during the game? These rules are making the game more and more frustrating to watch. Dez will have to adapt his coaching style, definitely has not suited the Eagles in 2020. Manly and Dez typically like to slow the ruck down with a bit of wrestle and help give his big bloopers some more rest, game is speeding up even more and will need to change tactics and become better in the way we can slow the ruck. Chopping a player straight down like Jake goes unrewarded, need to gang tackle and hold like Melbourne, before putting a player on his back

I cannot stand the 6 to go because it's too inconsistent and you have no idea what it's for? One play the ball can be penalized but looks no different to 20 others the same during the game? These rules are making the game more and more frustrating to watch.
Agree

So hang on, 10 players nominated as forwards before the game & only they can pack into scrums.

6 forwards take the field (props x2, hooker, second rower x 2, lock) so that automatically means the 4 reserves are counted as forwards?

Or can they nominate the centers & wingers to also be counted as forwards & if so, how does this change what already happens?

These changes are driven by TV wanting the game to be shorter I suggest. I think the idea of if the ref thinks its a try and awards it and then the bunker can intervene is a good thing as long as forward passes are allowed to be picked up as that is the biggest problem is that forward passes cannot be challenged.

This six again rule I think could be modified that if a team is in their own half it should be a penalty and if they are in the oppositions half it should be six again.

The kick for touch and then a hand over is against the grain of the game in my opinion. I wish a scrum was a contest again its a farce now!

Its obvious to me that we used to mock super league games as a you score I score contests and its ironic that we are seeing so many games like that now!

Or can they nominate the centers & wingers to also be counted as forwards & if so, how does this change what already happens?
I think the numbers the players wear would have a lot to do with determining if they are forwards or backs. Of course, coaches could fool around with this by using players with 18-21 on their jerseys. Anyway, this is a trial. If it is deemed useful, I presume it can be fine tuned to stop it being abused.

Last edited:
The only rule from those I like is the forwards packing into scrums. The way it should be.

The bunker review of tries will see refs award more tries without going to the bunker only for the bunker to review it right up to when the kick for goal is kicked. Also gives them more time to interfere and find the 0.5% reason to disallow a try to a non favourable team. And will still result in a million replays if the bunker believes it should not be a try.

The 6 again for inside the 10 just compounds what is wrong with 6 again for tackles. Will be too subjective and no scrutiny. Once again early count infringements are not as severe as the later tackle count infringements the location on the field.

The kick for touch resulting in a turnover not scrums takes away a solid tactic for a team in front to allow players to compose and get a breather when needed. Actually this one may benefit us as we don't seem to utilise it when needing to control the game haha..Still don't like it the games is to fast now.

Then I read somewhere in the press release they consider themselves " sports entertainment" that may be true but the last company to use that as promo and still does is WWE wrestling, very apt because we are going to get screwed over even more.

So you score a try and have the ball on the kicking Tee and as you are taking your breaths before running in the ref blows his whistle and says NO TRY. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!

The NRL was fast becoming a joke and someone just hit the boosters.

Isn't it sad that we've been reduced to a side whose matches don't matter so we've been reduced to guinea pigs ?

Oh how the mighty have fallen ?

I cannot stand the 6 to go because it's too inconsistent and you have no idea what it's for? One play the ball can be penalized but looks no different to 20 others the same during the game? These rules are making the game more and more frustrating to watch. Dez will have to adapt his coaching style, definitely has not suited the Eagles in 2020. Manly and Dez typically like to slow the ruck down with a bit of wrestle and help give his big bloopers some more rest, game is speeding up even more and will need to change tactics and become better in the way we can slow the ruck. Chopping a player straight down like Jake goes unrewarded, need to gang tackle and hold like Melbourne, before putting a player on his back

The NRL just want AFL with an onside/offside rule. Its a 80 minutes track meet for athletics, not rugby league for footballers.

The Broncos-Cowboys match on Thursday night will trial the new rules. This should help both the Sea Eagles & Warriors prepare for their Sunday match.

More details on the forwards in scrum rule
Interchange players can only pack into scrums if they have interchanged with a forward, with the referee and touch judges to monitor the players packing down.

If match officials detect that any player other than a nominated forward packs into the scrum, the referee will delay the feeding of the scrum and instruct the team to alternate positions, while the scrum clock continues to run.

If the scrum clock expires as a result, a full penalty will be awarded to the opposing team.

We are still adjusting to the previous new rules.

I dont think we are smart enough to deal with even more changes.

This is how it was worded elsewhere

Use of the “Six Again” rule for 10 metre infringements

So I assume up until now, offside was a penalty,, now it will be 6 again
Not a fan of the 6 again, myself. IMO, leads to more control of the game by the referees with less accountability. At least penalties are counted. Where can I find stats on '6 again' and the reasoning behind the decision? The answer, nowhere.

On the scrum rule, what's to stop clubs from naming backs, or the 6-10 players that will be packing scrums as happens nowadays. Are they saying that only certain numbers will be able to pack a scrum? Stupidity.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4