rugby thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How relieved will JamesmSlipper be after that last minute penalty goal to Foley.

For sure!...I thought I was relieved, but I reckon not a 1000th as relieved as Slipper was. I half expected Foley to have passed the the 'intercept' ball and not slipper.

In driving rain with 6 minutes to go and the Wallabies were up by 5 and we decide to shift the ball deep in our half. The question must be asked why? Foley or Giteau should have been kicking that ball deep into Scottish territory and making them feel the territory and score board pressure.

Ok off to bed. Wake up at 2am to watch the game.
Foley or hooper first try (19.00) and folau to score two tries.

I'm never sure if the game in canada is live....so I don't venture into this thread, sorry (game finished about 15 mins ago.)

woot!

Off to the final we gooooooooooooooooooooo

And face the allblacks....sigh!

But we can do it!

Falau....sheesh, it sounds like that I don't rate him....or don't like him, that isn't true but fmd....in this world cup I don't think I've seen him take 1 contested kick.

In the semi final...the 2 uncontested kicks he caught...he then made two stupid mistakes.

I dunno if he should be there in the final...but I know he will be picked.

GE - on current form I don't think Folau should be picked for the final. I guess Cheika will wait and see how his ankle responds to the latest knock but regardless Beale is outplaying him at the moment. Pocock was magnificent, had he played against Scotland we would have won by 20.

Thinking about this game, the top two teams of the last few generations and at least in the history of the world cup finally meet in the big game. This would have to be the biggest game of rugby ever. Not just because im an aussie but has there ever been such a big game before?

I was reading that when the world cup was set up in....1987...it was decided that which nation that won the webb ellis cup three times...gets to keep it!!!

Considering both NZ and Aust have won it twice each, it means that whoever wins next weekend gets to permanently keep the cup!

Do you think this will happen?

I'm thinking no, that the winner in question will magnanimously say they will not keep the cup for all time. etc etc.

@manlyfan76 I dunno if it's the biggest one ever...but it surely has to rank up there. Hopefully it's either a good game with an aussie win....or an aussie win via a blowout!

Many probably rate the sth africa v all blacks final as up there as the biggest.

Apparently there are some seven "William Web Ellis's" now in exisistance, and sth Arfica have kept the original.

C'Mon Australia! Kiwis deserved favs, but $1.40? Go Aussies!

wallabies1.jpg

Third place is done and dusted. Sth africa a comfortable win over Argentina.

8.45am tomorrow morning the final starts for me over here.

Pro: I don't have to get up at 3am to watch it.

con: My mother in law is visiting yet again.

Massive game this one. All the pressure on the defending champs, chuck Norris was on ch10 saying the Aussies would win because they have chuck Norris's spirit.
Aussies by 5.
Foley first try scorer. Pocock player of the tournament.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2