rugby thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
---

TAB Odds @ 18Sep15 prior to start of event, overall winner:

2.25 New Zealand
6.00 England
7.00 South Africa
8.00 Australia
11.00 Ireland
15.00 France
29.00 Wales
67.00 Argentina
201 Scotland
251 Fiji
401 Samoa
501 Tonga
1001 Italy
2001 Japan
2501 Canada
2501 Georgia
2501 USA
3001 Namibia
3001 Romania
5001 Uruguay

---

---

TAB Odds @ 10Oct15 nearing end of Pool Matches, overall winner:

2.20 New Zealand
3.50 Australia
8.00 South Africa
10.00 Ireland
13.00 France
21.00 Wales
41.00 Argentina
126 Scotland
501 Japan
NO MARKET England

---

Looks like Aust & Wales both will be keen for the win when they play ea. other tomorrow morn @ Twickenham (kickoff 2:45am Syd time Sun11Oct) to top Pool A, not only to avoid a likely Finals Round 1 clash with the Springboks, but then also a likely Semi Finals clash with the All Blacks in the next round..

Go Wallabies!

Do i go to bed early and get up forthe game or stay up all night and sleep after Sunday morning sport?

Wallabies are running what must be close to a full strength side. Put your moneyon them.

---

TAB Odds @ 10Oct15 nearing end of Pool Matches, overall winner:

2.20 New Zealand
3.50 Australia
8.00 South Africa
10.00 Ireland
13.00 France
21.00 Wales
41.00 Argentina
126 Scotland
501 Japan
NO MARKET England

---

Looks like Aust & Wales both will be keen for the win when they play ea. other tomorrow morn @ Twickenham (kickoff 2:45am Syd time Sun11Oct) to top Pool A, not only to avoid a likely Finals Round 1 clash with the Springboks, but then also a likely Semi Finals clash with the All Blacks in the next round..

Go Wallabies!
We are already favourite to beat Scotland next week lol.

Wallabies showing some F'ing big balls in defense with two in the bin to hold Wales out. Now for Uraguay to lose by under 60.

Tough game that one. I don't normally get excited about tryless games but that was guts. Must have made about 50 more tackles and played with 13 men at one stage.

Very important win that one as it gets us away from sth africa and new zealand (assuming all goes well.)

Well done lads!

Pity about samoa just getting pipped by scotland. Lots of points though.

Has Folau caught any high balls this tournament???

Great defence by both teams!
Honestly, Aussies were a tad lucky since if Wales had spun the ball fast, wide & deep a couple of times vs 13 they would've scored tries.
For 70 mins either team had just as much claim to take the win, glad the Wallabies were able to hold 'em out and turn the momentum thereafter!

Last edited:
---

Remaining Rugby World Cup Schedule Looks like:

RWC2015 Quarter Finals:

QF1: South Africa v Wales @ Twickenham - Sat17Oct 16:00 London ENG time = Sun18Oct 02:00 Sydney AUS time

QF2: NZ v TBA @ Cardiff - Sat17Oct 20:00 London ENG time = Sun18Oct 06:00 Sydney AUS time

QF3: TBA v Argentina @ Cardiff - Sun18Oct 13:00 London ENG time = Sun18Oct 23:00 Sydney AUS time

QF4: Australia v Scotland @ Twickenham - Sun18Oct 16:00 London ENG time = Mon19Oct 02:00 Sydney AUS time

RWC2015 Semi Finals:

SF1: Winner QF1 v QF2 (likely NZ) @ Twickenham - Sat24Oct 16:00 London ENG time = Sun25Oct 02:00 Sydney AUS time

SF2: Winner QF3 v QF4 (maybe AUS) @ Twickenham - Sun25Oct 16:00 London ENG time = Mon26Oct 03:00 Sydney AUS time

RWC2015 Bronze Medal Match: Loser SF1 v Loser SF2 @ London - Fri30Oct 20:00 London ENG time = Sat31Oct 07:00 Sydney AUS time

RWC2015 Final: Winner SF1 v Winner SF2 @ Twickenham - Sat31Oct 16:00 London ENG time = Sun01Nov 03:00 Sydney AUS time

---

Table shows Kickoff Sydney AUS times:

kFWgCER.jpg

Aussies playing a great brand of rugby. Willing to throw the ball around from anywhere on the park. Loved the second try from Foley. Superb play. How good is Cheika going!
Fitzsimmons was saying on sunrise that the Sam Burgess experiment is over & he will definitely be going back to league.
Who are we likely to play in the quarters? Do we want to finsh first or second in the pool?
Definitely first

Courage defense by the Wallabies especially when down by 2 players. The worry now is that Pocock could be out for some time depending on how his calf responds to treatment. In good news Folau should be ok for the Scotland game, he needs work under the high ball though!!

Kiwis will be nervous... hehe

From the Roar...
France, as Pool D runners-up, will now take on Pool C winners New Zealand in a delicious and slightly ironic quarter final clash in Cardiff on Saturday; a repeat of the infamous 2007 match. No word yet on whether referee Wayne Barnes has volunteered his services, as the rest of the rugby world reaches for the popcorn.

Tips this week are
Australia, nz, argentina, wales.
If Australia beat the Scots, and Ireland beat arginTina then next week the Wallabies beat Ireland, thats the grand slam and we will have also beaten south Africa And argentina and nz in the one year!

A close game between sth africa and wales but wales just fell short. I was hoping wales got through.

NZ, probably as expected, beat France convincingly.

A few of the NZ games have been close up to the 60th minute Ihave noticed....but then they kick away.

Hoping we beat Scotland, obv and not too sure who will win out of arg v ire. Arg?

A close game between sth africa and wales but wales just fell short. I was hoping wales got through.

NZ, probably as expected, beat France convincingly.

A few of the NZ games have been close up to the 60th minute Ihave noticed....but then they kick away.

Hoping we beat Scotland, obv and not too sure who will win out of arg v ire. Arg?
Ireland are copping a few injuries, so i hope they win with a few more injuries.
Sth africa and nz can belt and batter the hell out of each other next week then.

*spoilers* - I'm not sure when the games are telecast in Aust

But....

Arg and Ire - seemed a bit all too easy for the Puma's in the end. I didn't realise how many injuries Ireland had, but it was obviously too much.

Aust v Scot.

I mean....papers all talk about Foley and his calm last minute penalty conversion to give us a win....but I seem to remember yelling at him through my tv for most of the game. frig a tree frog....3 missed conversions then a stupid kick...scotland charge down and try, there's 13 points gifted to scotland already. He better get all that out of his system because we won't get away with it against argentina.

Still....only southern hemisphere teams left in the world cup now. lol @ nthern hemisphere boring crap ass rugby style.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4