Rugby Australia: A Cautionary Tale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wonderful of you to be outraged on other peopes behave .... but I am not sure they are that precious or lacking in a voice they need you to .... I fiqure the gays will simply make an appropriate Folau Mardi Gras parade float and have a laugh .... just like they have with the Rev. Fred Nile for decades ...

Perhaps you should adjust your outrage .. and instead become a voice for the alcholics .... the homeless men and women whose lives, marriages, families, heallth and finances have been destroyed, they seem to be lacking a champion ...

Why do we have to restrict ourselves to one cause?

I’m curious what the true impact is when Christian’s have been telling the world we will go to hell for being sinners since AC. Not just for being gay! It is a overreaction the words should have been water of a ducks back but our society has become so precious and righteous! To suggest the ARU had no choice is nonesense nothing needed to be done.

Gateway Matthew 7 :: "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you..........

No one is exempt from judgement day especially those hypocrites Christians like me that have known to judge our players harshly

Under Christian law I will be the first sent to hell for not having any compassion for our under performing players and cursing them .

I am changing my ways to be more compassionate . There is still hope for me feathered friends !

I'm not outraged on behalf of other people, I just think its unnecessary to be a d1ckhead.

Couldn't Folau have just quoted the passage from the Bible verbatim instead of a meme which tacked "going to Hell" onto it?

Better yet, in these modern times couldn't he have found a more positive, inclusive passage to quote?

Surely in this, the year of our Lord 2000 & 19, the idea that someone's sexuality is a choice is extremely outdated?

The church itself has become more accepting of homosexuality, so Folau's views are literally from the dark ages.

Read the hateful things said about Christians on here and try telling me with a straight face that they aren't orders of magnitude more hateful than anything Folau posted.
Why don't the Christians just turn the other cheek then?
Instead of saying they are offended they should just forgive the offenders and move on no?

I'm not outraged on behalf of other people, I just think its unnecessary to be a d1ckhead.

Couldn't Folau have just quoted the passage from the Bible verbatim instead of a meme which tacked "going to Hell" onto it?

Better yet, in these modern times couldn't he have found a more positive, inclusive passage to quote?

Surely in this, the year of our Lord 2000 & 19, the idea that someone's sexuality is a choice is extremely outdated?

The church itself has become more accepting of homosexuality, so Folau's views are literally from the dark ages.

Your post is my personal best on this topic as you have made a very good point @47MVEagle

Very good post as no one inspires and gives hope to people by looking at their flaws (no one is perfect and we all have them )

There is always a positive and up lifting way to say things and lift peoples spirits . We are all hurting in some way and we will never be inspired by people that judge us and send us to hell . In a similar way I was sending our under performinhg players to hell .

Fact ........Jesus died on the cross for every one including gays , under performing Manly players and Christian hypocrites like me

Why don't the Christians just turn the other cheek then?
Instead of saying they are offended they should just forgive the offenders and move on no?

To be brutally honest .....

Because we are hypocrites and are unworthy of living up to our beliefs

We should lift our own game and focus on our own flaws instead of judging others

I understand what you're saying & agree to an extent but you have to take into account the potential impact of Folau's words.

Sure, they don't bother you personally, nor me, but what effect could they have on say, a young Polynesian boy who loves his footy, idolises Folau & is also gay but still too young to be comfortable with his sexuality & come out?

Now multiply that by however many boys (& girls) there may be in a similar situation who look up to Folau.

If even one of those kids takes their own life because what Folau said triggered a thought process within them that caused self-loathing, confusion, depression & ultimately suicide, that's one too many.

That's the danger of everyone being able to say whatever they like without repercussion.
No that is the danger of a society coddling its kids to the point where they can't cope when they are challenged. If suicide in response to hurtful statements is the responsibility of the one who spoke, then what if Christian kids start killing themselves because of the way RA reacted to Folau?

You will never find the bottom of that rabbit hole.

No that is the danger of a society coddling its kids to the point where they can't cope when they are challenged. If suicide in response to hurtful statements is the responsibility of the one who spoke, then what if Christian kids start killing themselves because of the way RA reacted to Folau?

You will never find the bottom of that rabbit hole.

I'm not saying it's the responsibility of Folau if someone commits suicide over his posts but it is a possible result of his posts, & wouldnt it be better to minimize that potential result?

I don't think it would be purely down to society coddling kids either - discrimination is discrimination, no matter how society treats kids.

RA sacking Folau for breaching his contract? Suggesting anyone would kill themselves over that is drawing a rather long bow IMO but fair point- however, despite Folau & many others claiming so, he hasn't been persecuted or discriminated against by RA for his religious beliefs, as opposed to Folau discriminating against gay people so I dont think its comparable.

Someone mentioned Folau's private beliefs shouldn't be any of RAs business.

I agree - hence he can believe what he wants, can preach his beliefs in his church, can discuss it to his heart's content with family & friends & who ever else wishes to participate.

However, twitter is a public domain so as soon as he starts posting his beliefs there, they are no longer private & are therefore subject to criticism, disagreement & even censoring (depending on Twitter's rules).

Just like there are rules governing what we can post here.

Someone mentioned Folau's private beliefs shouldn't be any of RAs business.

I agree - hence he can believe what he wants, can preach his beliefs in his church, can discuss it to his heart's content with family & friends & who ever else wishes to participate.

However, twitter is a public domain so as soon as he starts posting his beliefs there, they are no longer private & are therefore subject to criticism, disagreement & even censoring (depending on Twitter's rules).

Just like there are rules governing what we can post here.

The rules governing this site? If the rules were diligently enforced on here, there would be no one left to post...

Interestingly there is a recent case in the US where a girl has been charged & sentenced for convincing her boyfriend to go through with killing himself.

It is a slippery slope (& again, freedom of speech has been quoted as having been infringed upon in this case) but when should responsibility be considered diminished?

The girl knew the deceased intimately, knew he suffered poor mental health, knew he'd tried to kill himself previously but hadn't gone through with it.

Yet when he called & texted her during his last attempt to kill himself & showed signs of not wanting to go through with it, instead of providing support & encouraging him not to do it, she did the exact opposite & literally shamed & pressured him into killing himself.

That to me is responsibility for his death.

Interestingly there is a recent case in the US where a girl has been charged & sentenced for convincing her boyfriend to go through with killing himself.

It is a slippery slope (& again, freedom of speech has been quoted as having been infringed upon in this case) but when should responsibility be considered diminished?

The girl knew the deceased intimately, knew he suffered poor mental health, knew he'd tried to kill himself previously but hadn't gone through with it.

Yet when he called & texted her during his last attempt to kill himself & showed signs of not wanting to go through with it, instead of providing support & encouraging him not to do it, she did the exact opposite & literally shamed & pressured him into killing himself.

That to me is responsibility for his death.

That is a veeeery long bow you are drawing...

I'm not saying it's the responsibility of Folau if someone commits suicide over his posts but it is a possible result of his posts, & wouldnt it be better to minimize that potential result?

I don't think it would be purely down to society coddling kids either - discrimination is discrimination, no matter how society treats kids.

RA sacking Folau for breaching his contract? Suggesting anyone would kill themselves over that is drawing a rather long bow IMO but fair point- however, despite Folau & many others claiming so, he hasn't been persecuted or discriminated against by RA for his religious beliefs, as opposed to Folau discriminating against gay people so I dont think its comparable.
How did Folau discriminate against gay people? He didn't deny them goods or services, he didn't single them out for mistreatment, he didn't even avoid them. All he did was post a personal religious conviction.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6