Rugby Australia: A Cautionary Tale

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
as long as they do not force us against our will to take away our freedom to live the way we want to . And in this country no person can do this to any of us .
You are articulate enough to express your view.
However I don't agree with this statement. This may be digressing from rugby league and heading for general discussion, which is another great aspect of Silvertails (IMO) that any discussion can continue, subject of course to terms and conditions.
Sounds legalistic, but basically means there are rules around what is OK to post.
Do you say there should be no rules?

This country has accepted cultures that their faith or political background advocate exterminating Jews and raping woman in marriage .
Ah... no.
Our laws are very clear, that you can't rape a woman even if you are married to her.
As for exterminating Jews, we have never accepted that.

Ah... no.
Our laws are very clear, that you can't rape a woman even if you are married to her.
As for exterminating Jews, we have never accepted that.
I did not say we have accepted those peoples rules . I said that we accepted people in our countries with those views .
That is what I was trying to say . Sorry for the confusion

Do you think someone's right to express their belief should take precedence over another's right not to be discriminated against?

My honest perception is that one can believe and say what they like . It is only their view .

If some one says that I am going to hell for having a a guiness ( In some faiths alcohol is forbiden and thank God Jesus turned water into wine and I am safe :) ) . I should not take any notice of what he thinks as that is only what he thinks . It is only his view .

But if he comes any where near me to take away my cold guiness then he has crossed the line in the sand

People should have a right to say what they like and we should not give a fck as long as they dont cross that line in the sand

I hope you can see what I am trying to say

My honest perception is that one can believe and say what they like . It is only their view .

If some one says that I am going to hell for having a a guiness ( In some faiths alcohol is forbiden and thank God Jesus turned water into wine and I am safe :) ) . I should not take any notice of what he thinks as that is only what he thinks . It is only his view .

But if he comes any where near me to take away my cold guiness then he has crossed the line in the sand

People should have a right to say what they like and we should not give a fck as long as they dont cross that line in the sand

I hope you can see what I am trying to say

I understand what you're saying & agree to an extent but you have to take into account the potential impact of Folau's words.

Sure, they don't bother you personally, nor me, but what effect could they have on say, a young Polynesian boy who loves his footy, idolises Folau & is also gay but still too young to be comfortable with his sexuality & come out?

Now multiply that by however many boys (& girls) there may be in a similar situation who look up to Folau.

If even one of those kids takes their own life because what Folau said triggered a thought process within them that caused self-loathing, confusion, depression & ultimately suicide, that's one too many.

That's the danger of everyone being able to say whatever they like without repercussion.

I understand what you're saying & agree to an extent but you have to take into account the potential impact of Folau's words.

Sure, they don't bother you personally, nor me, but what effect could they have on say, a young Polynesian boy who loves his footy, idolises Folau & is also gay but still too young to be comfortable with his sexuality & come out?

Now multiply that by however many boys (& girls) there may be in a similar situation who look up to Folau.

If even one of those kids takes their own life because what Folau said triggered a thought process within them that caused self-loathing, confusion, depression & ultimately suicide, that's one too many.

That's the danger of everyone being able to say whatever they like without repercussion.
I can see where your coming from but our youth are exposed to many outside influences that cause their demise .
Kids biggest role model should be their parents / cares and not those outside influences .
There is a lot of bullying at school and out side of school and the kids who have supportive parents are the lucky ones .
The foundations to build strong character in children come from their home . That is how I see it

Nothing like a meme to sort things out.

68730383-729F-4613-86DC-D5C39570354D.jpeg

I’m curious what the true impact is when Christian’s have been telling the world we will go to hell for being sinners since AC. Not just for being gay! It is a overreaction the words should have been water of a ducks back but our society has become so precious and righteous! To suggest the ARU had no choice is nonesense nothing needed to be done.

Let's have a poll ....

Q) ... Do you believe that Folau's post in any way reflected the views and opinions of RA or Qantas .... ?

or

Q) ... Do you believe Folau's post reflected his own miopic view of the world ....?

Let's have a poll ....

Q) ... Do you believe that Folau's post in any way reflected the views and opinions of RA or Qantas .... ?

or

Q) ... Do you believe Folau's post reflected his own miopic view of the world ....?

I’m curious what the true impact is when Christian’s have been telling the world we will go to hell for being sinners since AC. Not just for being gay! It is a overreaction the words should have been water of a ducks back but our society has become so precious and righteous! To suggest the ARU had no choice is nonesense nothing needed to be done.

I agree it is water off my heterosexual back. For gay people it is not the same

Imagine a hero of a sport saying that something that is not in your control is evil or a sin? Is there any wonder there is a higher rate of youth suicides in the gay community?

I just love how Folau is seen as the White Knight of fundamentalist Christianity or the evangelists - wasn't too long ago he was a committed Mormon. Clearly he got a better offer and switched camps. Who's to say he won't take up Clyde Rathbone's offer and become the poster child for a liberal secular world ??

I agree it is water off my heterosexual back. For gay people it is not the same

Imagine a hero of a sport saying that something that is not in your control is evil or a sin? Is there any wonder there is a higher rate of youth suicides in the gay community?

Wonderful of you to be outraged on other peopes behave .... but I am not sure they are that precious or lacking in a voice they need you to .... I fiqure the gays will simply make an appropriate Folau Mardi Gras parade float and have a laugh .... just like they have with the Rev. Fred Nile for decades ...

Perhaps you should adjust your outrage .. and instead become a voice for the alcholics .... the homeless men and women whose lives, marriages, families, heallth and finances have been destroyed, they seem to be lacking a champion ...

I just love how Folau is seen as the White Knight of fundamentalist Christianity or the evangelists - wasn't too long ago he was a committed Mormon. Clearly he got a better offer and switched camps. Who's to say he won't take up Clyde Rathbone's offer and become the poster child for a liberal secular world ??

He is playing a long game ... just wait til he gets his own foxtel program and ministry .... big bucks on offer ... he watches all the peope on Hillsong and dreams of the cheques and money orders rolling in .....this is no off the cuff strategy but a detailed plan in my opinon ... and the more outrage publicity and "percieved" .. (note: I said percieved) ... persecution plays right into the plan in my opinion ..

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8