Round 9 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gee Pearce is poor. If he is No.7, QLD has yet another SOO win coming their way.

How bad was that dropped pass when they made that break. It was sitting right in front and he dropped it.

Eagles2nv said:
Gee Pearce is poor. If he is No.7, QLD has yet another SOO win coming their way.

How bad was that dropped pass when they made that break. It was sitting right in front and he dropped it.

Yep, inexcusable.

Off topic sort of but can't understand why Griffin dropped a player of the calibre of Hannant.

That SBW 'superstar/messiah/nrl untouchable' is a dirty bugger of a player.

I did a lot of fast forwarding through the game but saw 2 shoulder charges (1 @ 30.55) and one on a kicker following through (to be fair I wouldn't like the first one penalised but it's now a rule), and a couple of knees into players.

I dunno how he avoids more of a grubby player description. (see first line ge you nong)

Its one of life's biggest mysteries , what men see in SBW, that then blinds them to his countless flaws :huh:

He has a facade that constantly falls, but the commentators gloss over.

The obvious disinterest that he now has for RL, has me wondering when he will develop an injury that will have him sitting in the stands waiting for his RU World Cup return :dodgy:

I just miss footy with mates. Footy in your lunch break is so different to your best mate popping around having a few drinks and yelling at the tv.

Try as I might the heathens here still can't understand that onion and league are different games...onion was intentional FYI.

Siiiifghhhh "real football" is so lame

ALinda said:
Eagles2nv said:

Yep, inexcusable.

Off topic sort of but can't understand why Griffin dropped a player of the calibre of Hannant.

I think Hannant has been struggling a bit Linda, but I'm wondering if it's more a personality problem, as others have suggested?
I also thought the Bronx forwards last night were well contained without him, too.

Today, am wondering if the Raiders will man up, or get mauled in NZ. And if the Titans will honour my tip and beat up the Rabbids on the Gold Coast.

(Then, of course, the main event tonight).

globaleagle said:

I did a lot of fast forwarding through the game but saw 2 shoulder charges (1 @ 30.55) and one on a kicker following through (to be fair I wouldn't like the first one penalised but it's now a rule), and a couple of knees into players.

I dunno how he avoids more of a grubby player description. (see first line ge you nong)

Agreed! You know who else always got under my skin? Petro Secondreceiver. If you ever watched him play closely, he was a grotty player that was always keen on the grubby stuff in tackles. All you ever heard about was his big heart and what a gentleman he was. Bullsh1t! He was a grub. A big one at that.

mozgrame said:
globaleagle said:

Agreed! You know who else always got under my skin? Petro Secondreceiver. If you ever watched him play closely, he was a grotty player that was always keen on the grubby stuff in tackles. All you ever heard about was his big heart and what a gentleman he was. Bullsh1t! He was a grub. A big one at that.
JWH
Nothing more to add on grubs.

Hannant is lining up against the Capara's this week with the Jets. His opposition number will be big Arlin Paki. Arlin is a big unit the Capra's brought over from WA. He is an example of a kid that came through the WA rugby league system, and therefore has learnt very little. He lacks a lot of the fundamentals. He has potential, that's for sure, but at 26, he plays the game like a 12 year old. Instead of holding his position on the field and trusting his teammates to get the defensive job done either side of him, he watches the ball and drifts all over the field like a giant kid. lol He is improving though and will give the Jet's a bit of a headache. He will be no match for Hannant though I fear. Hannant will be back in the NRL next week after a big performance tonight.

mozgrame said:
Hannant is lining up against the Capara's this week with the Jets. His opposition number will be big Arlin Paki. Arlin is a big unit the Capra's brought over from WA. He is an example of a kid that came through the WA rugby league system, and therefore has learnt very little. He lacks a lot of the fundamentals. He has potential, that's for sure, but at 26, he plays the game like a 12 year old. Instead of holding his position on the field and trusting his teammates to get the defensive job done either side of him, he watches the ball and drifts all over the field like a giant kid. lol He is improving though and will give the Jet's a bit of a headache. He will be no match for Hannant though I fear. Hannant will be back in the NRL next week after a big performance tonight.

It'd be funny to see Hannant turn down Griffin

Really what did Canberra expect? Were they hoping that by walking out on Parra sticky would suddenly be a decent coach? I'd love to see his career for n against stats as a coach.

Ricky Stuart has to be one of the worst yet overrated coaches ever. The Raiders were a decent team when they had all their players in recent years.

It's great to watch when the Warriors are in the mood

Person I'm playing in Supercoach has both Hurrell and Johnson needless to say I'm getting flogged

Ricky signed for four years of expert Coaching :cool:

Isn't the Warriors Coach the man they flicked to get Sticky ?

Great to see dynamic play from the Warriors, zero structure and guys just having fun :)

C'arn Titans !!

HappilyManly said:
Ricky signed for four years of expert Coaching :cool:

Isn't the Warriors Coach the man they flicked to get Sticky ?

Great to see dynamic play from the Warriors, zero structure and guys just having fun :)

Furner no, he's Cowboys assistant coach though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6