Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 8 2023 cross forums chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
2065.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]lynx000 - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 27, 2008
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
I am so sorry warriors bros, that was putrid how badly you guys were ripped off in that game. I am fuming.

1268317837.png

Thanks Nashy for the sig

187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Frank White - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 19, 2012
REACTIONS: 11,163
NRL Twitter is absolutely copping it over the Smith knock on.

11345.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Volvo Driver - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 9, 2020
187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Frank White - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 19, 2012
REACTIONS: 11,163

NRL Twitter is absolutely copping it over the Smith knock on.

Eh. Was inconclusive to me. Have to go with the on field decision.

10189.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mustafur - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 13, 2019
Eh. Was inconclusive to me. Have to go with the on field decision.
Literally saw his fingers move with ball contact.

10189.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mustafur - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 13, 2019
Got to say though big nelson proved tonight that a big elite prop is one of the most valuable players a team can have, Storm had nothing till he came on and he completely changed the game for Melbourne, even with alot going their way it was still only possible because of him.

8187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Organix - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 19, 2012
713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
REACTIONS: 13,067

I don't really understand why that became a priority ruling this year. There are a lot of more important things to fix than leaning on the ball to stand up. It is not like you get an advantage.

I think Gould explained this as it being due to when the defensive line is allowed to move. To make the offside ruling simpler for the refs it is better when a player stands, places the ball then rolls the ball all relatively simultaneously. If the ball is placed on the ground, then the player stands and rolls it, it complicates and muddies the refs control of the line.
**** the NSWRL ... they have their golden children and for some reason rorters and storm are in there despite bringing zero to the game.

This competition makes it so hard, near impossible, to support from a team outside the chosen ones... surprised tigers have any fans at all, but why the **** would the NSWRL think about putting a second team in NZ when they don't give any ****s about them in the first place
Melbourne winning ensures they get bigger crowds, which will definitely bring more money in a sport-mad state than many other NRL teams in poorer areas. It's all about money.

NZ in contrast being in the competition is a remnant from a time where they were focused more on capturing actual sporting areas and talent pools over money.

10189.jpg
Melbourne winning ensures they get bigger crowds, which will definitely bring more money in a sport-mad state than many other NRL teams in poorer areas. It's all about money.

NZ in contrast being in the competition is a remnant from a time where they were focused more on capturing actual sporting areas and talent pools over money.

Roosters is politis. That is money right there. Business and political deals made at games. Imagine the team played like busteds.
I think NZ would be better though, NZ cares way more about league than Victoria does and it's reflected in Warriors having a much higher average home attendance this season because they are much better than before, they also have the option of moving to Eden Park if they get too big for Mt Smart.

8187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Organix - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 19, 2012
I think NZ would be better though, NZ cares way more about league than Victoria does and it's reflected in Warriors having a much higher average home attendance this season because they are much better than before, they also have the option of moving to Eden Park if they get too big for Mt Smart.
Easy enough to manage then. Warriors get attendance even when they're going poorly

10189.jpg
Easy enough to manage then. Warriors get attendance even when they're going poorly. We have never seen how Melbourne crowds look on a poor season
They are currently on track to be the highest season Attendance wise for 27 years, the first 2 seasons they came into the competition were their best and it dropped off big after that.

Melbourne averaged under 10k in the early to mid 2000s playing at the Olympic park which would of been horrible to watch, I think they would do better then that now if they are bad because they have a much better stadium.

the stadium Matters, like currently Roosters are easily 1st of all Sydney teams and have been getting solid crowds at the new ground this year, a massive turnaround from last year.

This incredibly poor designed website basically has all the information you would need to know about all of it.

8187.jpg
They are currently on track to be the highest season Attendance wise for 27 years, the first 2 seasons they came into the competition were their best and it dropped off big after that.

Melbourne averaged under 10k in the early to mid 2000s playing at the Olympic park which would of been horrible to go to as the seats are miles away from the field and there is no covering for weather, I think they would do better then that now if they are bad because they have a much better stadium, but I think of all the major cities Melbourne is probably the worst one NRL could of tried to make a club, a club in Perth or Adeliade that was run as good as they have been would be doing much better regarding crowds imo.

The stadium Matters, like currently Roosters are easily 1st of all Sydney teams and have been getting solid crowds at the new ground this year, a massive turnaround from last year.

This incredibly poor designed website basically has all the information you would need to know about all of it.
Yes, but the point is that Melbourne attendances are going to be different to NZ attendances. Melbournians would typically watch NRL if they were in town and their local AFL team was not playing because it would typically be a sport to watch and have a drink. Just Melbourne things. AFL>>>>NRL. If the team was plodding, the true fans would reveal themselves, and I would imagine there are not that many. The Melbourne numbers also probably are pumped up by tourists visiting one of the two major cities in Oz with one team playing and you're able to get decent tickets, unlike the AFL in Melbourne.

NZ, on the other hand, loves footy. The team does its job there even when it's not going great. People go to watch the Warriors because it's a good crowd and it's a fun night out. I have been in the rain there watching and the guys were friendly, funny and just keen to watch footy. It wasn't a flashy affair, but it felt right. Mind you, that was 2014 or so and the stadium was not great. I don't think the NRL puts much effort towards the warriors at all. They are just a given. Really, they should start making some noise, especially after they went the extra step and a half during corona.

9427.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Toookey - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 3, 2021
REACTIONS: 8,157
I was pretty gutted about the result last night. I felt we did enough to win. We weren't perfect last night, but at times I thought we played as well as we have in years.
There's usually a few calls I disagree with the ref about, but I try to subscribe to the 'if you have to blame the ref you didnt do enough to win' mentality, but shieeeet I cant get over the overwhelming feeling that we were robbed. I disagreed with the calls just before half time where Walker was sin binned and SJ was pinged for the drop out, but we were at least guilty of doing something wrong, so I can handle those (even though they're not given against most other teams).
But that 2nd half, especially with NAS and his antics....unbelievable.
Atleast against Cronulla when we got some poor calls, it evened out and the ref sinbinned their player late....but nothing, even with NAS lying all over the ball and high shots...it seems blatant and obvious.

I even came on here to look and see what the thoughts were from non Warriors supporters, thinking maybe I was too biased in the moment, but nope, all of you basically said the same ****....so how can everyone see what's going on yet nothing changes? Maaan feeling pretty dejected today. The narrative would have been so much better for the NRL had we won, but I guess that story isn't what they want to show

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 22,497
I was pretty gutted about the result last night. I felt we did enough to win. We weren't perfect last night, but at times I thought we played as well as we have in years.
There's usually a few calls I disagree with the ref about, but I try to subscribe to the 'if you have to blame the ref you didnt do enough to win' mentality, but shieeeet I cant get over the overwhelming feeling that we were robbed. I disagreed with the calls just before half time where Walker was sin binned and SJ was pinged for the drop out, but we were at least guilty of doing something wrong, so I can handle those (even though they're not given against most other teams).
Atleast against Cronulla when we got some poor calls, it evened out and the ref sinbinned their player late....but nothing, even with NAS lying all over the ball and high shots...it seems blatant and obvious.

I even came on here to look and see what the thoughts were from non Warriors supporters, thinking maybe I was too biased in the moment, but nope, all of you basically said the same ****....so how can everyone see what's going on yet nothing changes? Maaan feeling pretty dejected today. The narrative would have been so much better for the NRL had we won, but I guess that story isn't what they want to show
Everyone knew the WWF was rigged back in the day but we still went out and watched Hulk Hogan become getting smashed but then hulking up and becoming invincible as he finished over the top of his opponent.

League is the same where teams get hulked up by the refs. It’s a joke really to call it a sporting event. It’s sports entertainment.

You do get a bit over it though when your teams not a superstar that’s being pushed…

Smash em bro

7802.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]broncos4life - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 5, 2011
9427.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Toookey - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 3, 2021

I feel terrible for you and the other Warriors supporters, the refs weren’t even trying to hide it.

I honestly think that if Melbourne hadn’t had such a poor start to the year the refs ref that fair, but the NRL need Melbourne to be good.

alice-evels-png.2549

2015 BHQ Big Brother Winner
2018 SVRL Champion
#BetterNeverStops

1973.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrslong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2008
9427.jpg

The Storm murdered the Warriors in the ruck and should have given away 5 6 agains in the last 10, then just before Harry scored on the 5th the warriors gave away a 6 again for WAY less. It was a stitch up.
That said, the warriors one out running and only going left for the last 10 was pretty ordinary footy.

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

8972.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]ZTop - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 28, 2016
The Storm murdered the Warriors in the ruck and should have given away 5 6 agains in the last 10, then just before Harry scored on the 5th the warriors gave away a 6 again for WAY less. It was a stitch up.
That said, the warriors one out running and only going left for the last 10 was pretty ordinary footy.
The warriors clearly had nothing left to give in the last 10 minutes, they were out on their feet

10164.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]IceWorks - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 10, 2019
Enough with this Victor Radley gets treated different Malarkey.

The Rooster should get fined for that guff, no different to calling the ref biased.

You put yourself in a position where you are hitting hard in defence and your technique isn't perfect then you are in the crosshairs at the moment... No different for anyone but Corey Oates isn't doing that to tackled players in the same way Radley or Kaufusi does.

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
REACTIONS: 13,106
Dylan Walker is facing a three match ban...

11345.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Volvo Driver - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 9, 2020
Yes, but the point is that Melbourne attendances are going to be different to NZ attendances. Melbournians would typically watch NRL if they were in town and their local AFL team was not playing because it would typically be a sport to watch and have a drink. Just Melbourne things. AFL>>>>NRL. If the team was plodding, the true fans would reveal themselves, and I would imagine there are not that many. The Melbourne numbers also probably are pumped up by tourists visiting one of the two major cities in Oz with one team playing and you're able to get decent tickets, unlike the AFL in Melbourne.
Melbourne have been a top 3 team for their whole tenure and crowds still suck. NRL "wanting" Melbourne to win doesn't make sense because it really hasn't led to success in crowd numbers. With the All Blacks struggling lately NZ would be more beneficial to the NRL in regards to growth and being international.

11345.jpg
Got to say though big nelson proved tonight that a big elite prop is one of the most valuable players a team can have, Storm had nothing till he came on and he completely changed the game for Melbourne, even with alot going their way it was still only possible because of him.
Probably the only forward close to Haas. The fact he moves out to the sides (to get a rest) means he's extra deadly against the smaller players. 6' 7" it's really hard to contain him, especially those offloads.

8255.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]LittleDavey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2013
713.jpg
REACTIONS: 13,106

Dylan Walker is facing a three match ban...

What the actual... There was nothing in it!! It looked bad, but he was wrapping up the ball??

The NRL appear to have zero idea of what "momentum" is. They should probably look it up.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8