Round 3: NON Manly games - discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Klein seemed to award more penalties for ruck infringements than 6 agains last night.

Wasn't he the same ref who protested his disagreement with the finicky rules last year by blowing 30-odd penalties in the first half of a game & was subsequently dropped from first grade reffing for some time afterwards?

If so, perhaps the lack of 6 agains last night was another protest against a rule he disagrees with?

It was actually Matt Cecchin in a game at Shark Park in 2018. It was basically his way of showing that the NRL's edict at the time to penalise everything was going a bit too far.

He didn't get dropped from memory. But he did lose his #1 referee status (even though Greenturd rescinded the edict the very next week anyway) and hasn't got it back since despite continued piss poor refereeing from the Sutton cartel of refs.

Go warriors! Mary 1st coach to be sacked in the Corona Cup Comp

Lets be honest. The only reason McGregor is still St Merge coach is because it was his mate Phil Gould who did the review and shock horror he recommended that Mary keep his job.

A more independent review might have found that with the rosters he's had available to him in his now 6 years as coach, he's basically failed to deliver.

What is it with ex Illawarra, St George and St Merge players who turn out to be crap coaches. Mary, Brown, Zoolander.....

Last edited:
Been a pretty good game so far this one. Fast flowing with lots of breaks. Loving the six to go, really speeds things up plus sides giving away blatant penalties to reset their line doesn't work any more.

Haven't seen every minute of every game but to me the refs seem to be now adjudicating from the 10 metre mark and not standing over the ruck like they did in the first few games e.g the Parramatta game the where teams were never on side for most of the match. It makes for a much better game to me when the teams are kept apart. Cam Smith must be buggered he hasn't had nearly as many lay downs as normal in the Storm match.
I don't know what you guys think of the antics and comments that Andrew Voss carried on with during the earlier game but it to me it is cringe worthy. Who knows what an international audience might think hearing his rantings.

Haven't seen every minute of every game but to me the refs seem to be now adjudicating from the 10 metre mark and not standing over the ruck like they did in the first few games e.g the Parramatta game the where teams were never on side for most of the match. It makes for a much better game to me when the teams are kept apart. Cam Smith must be buggered he hasn't had nearly as many lay downs as normal in the Storm match.
I don't know what you guys think of the antics and comments that Andrew Voss carried on with during the earlier game but it to me it is cringe worthy. Who knows what an international audience might think hearing his rantings.
I missed it what he say

Screaming jibberish most of the time. Should just call the game.

MFB,

Probably a little early to tell; bellyache will probably come up with some new tactic now that he’s seen what’s happened over this weekend; but it’s looking promising for a bit of a fall from grace, after all scam didn’t appear to be all that effective in influencing the ref tonight.

I know its only a few games but what a breath of fresh air the game is right now. To see Captain Drizzle and the Purple filth null and void when it came to their tried and tested wrestling and slowing the game down. They were well contained and looked out of ideas tonight. Red hot Raiders are the team to beat. The teams that like to play fast are the ones to watch. The days of huge islander forwards rampaging through the middle are going to be replaced by chunky nuggety back rowers with speed, footwork and skill. The refs do need to watch the ten because teams are easily encroaching this. Full marks to Vlandys, One ref is handling things easily. It also stops manipulation and gamesmanship by the likes of Scam Smith. Long may it continue!

KSrEZHC.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8