Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 27 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Who

Journey Man
I've long been a believer in 'hoodoos' (not the Gurus) and 'bogey' teams, although it defies logic. Melbourne is definitely Brisbane's bogey club. Last night, after checking the teams, I switched my tip to the Broncos, thinking if ever the hoodoo would be broken it would be in this match against Melbourne's reserve grade team. (yes, I know the Broncos had five or so top players out, but the Storm had about 11 out!).
My team, Manly, has the wood over Cronulla and Canberra. Regardless of the quality of the team nor their positions on the ladder Manly will beat these clubs in four out of five matches. Sadly, it's the reverse when we play St-George-Illawarra.
I can't explain why hoodoos develop, but I do know that the Bronco need to avoid playing the Storm in a finals match or you guys will end the season disappointed.

Sproj

broncosHQ
I've long been a believer in 'hoodoos' (not the Gurus) and 'bogey' teams, although it defies logic. Melbourne is definitely Brisbane's bogey club. Last night, after checking the teams, I switched my tip to the Broncos, thinking if ever the hoodoo would be broken it would be in this match against Melbourne's reserve grade team. (yes, I know the Broncos had five or so top players out, but the Storm had about 11 out!).
My team, Manly, has the wood over Cronulla and Canberra. Regardless of the quality of the team nor their positions on the ladder Manly will beat these clubs in four out of five matches. Sadly, it's the reverse when we play St-George-Illawarra.
I can't explain why hoodoos develop, but I do know that the Bronco need to avoid playing the Storm in a finals match or you guys will end the season disappointed.

All these streaks have to end at some point and when it matters, we still beat them in the GF. I'm confident our best is better than theirs, just have to play smarter than we normally do against them.

Finbar

broncosHQ
yes, I know the Broncos had five or so top players out
I think you miscounted as we barely had 5 of our top players in. We were without Walsh, Reynolds, Carrigan, Mam, Farnworth, Staggs, Cobbo, Walters, Haas, Capewell. That's 10/13 starters missing and Kobe Hetherington was missing from the bench.

The Who

Journey Man
I think you miscounted as we barely had 5 of our top players in. We were without Walsh, Reynolds, Carrigan, Mam, Farnworth, Staggs, Cobbo, Walters, Haas, Capewell. That's 10/13 starters missing and Kobe Hetherington was missing from the bench.
Fair enough. I stand corrected. But I'll raise you with Grant, Hughes, Munster, Welsh, Warbick, Nelson, Meaney, Seve, Coates, Kamikamica, Loioro, Katoa... did I miss anyone? That's 12 from 13.
Brisbane were heavy favourites. You were playing at home in front of a packed Suncorp. You had motivation, playing for the minor premiership. Melbourne had nothing substantial to play for.
The hoodoo strikes. It's the only possible explanation, or do you have another?

Fozz

broncosHQ
Fair enough. I stand corrected. But I'll raise you with Grant, Hughes, Munster, Welsh, Warbick, Nelson, Meaney, Seve, Coates, Kamikamica, Loioro, Katoa... did I miss anyone? That's 12 from 13.
Brisbane were heavy favourites. You were playing at home in front of a packed Suncorp. You had motivation, playing for the minor premiership. Melbourne had nothing substantial to play for.

The teams were even, Kevvie was out coached. Every player in the Storm squad plays to Bellamy's standard and their scrubs don't look out of place at NRL level when they get asked to step in and do a job.

The only players that would've thought about the Hoodoo last night were Oates, Riki, Palasia and Flegler.

Renegade

broncosHQ
we sold our soul for the 06 premiership. it's about the only reasonable explanation.

Foordy

broncosHQ

Count again:

Walsh
Reynolds
Mam
Billy
Patty
Haas
Capewell
Cobbo
Staggs
Herbie
(Mariner was unavailable to come in due to injury)

That's 10 out (11 if you count Mariner)... Not 5

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18