Round 26 Sea Eagles vs Titans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have today been boosted by the inclusions of five-eighth Aidan Sezer and front rower Nate Myles for tomorrow's clash against Manly at Skilled Park.
The pair had been in-doubt with injuries earlier in the week but were given the all clear by Jetstar Titans Coach John Cartwright at the team's final training session at Skilled Park today.
“Everyone’s come through ok, they all want to play so that’s a good sign,'' said Cartwright.
The Titans could be some hope of sneaking into the finals if the Broncos lose to Penrith in tonight's clash at Suncorp Stadium.
But Cartwright said his team's focus was on giving the Gold Coast fans something to cheer about in what could be the Titans last game of the season.
“It’s looking like it could be the last game of the season ... I just hope we can finish with a good performance against Manly and finish the year on a high,'' said Cartwright.
“For the majority of the year we’ve competed with every side, a lot of the sides out of the semi's have had good wins and we want to be one of them.
“We want to send our fans out with something to cheer about.''
Cartwright has welcomed the challenge of playing who he thinks is the form side of the competition in the Sea Eagles.
“It’s a real test for us mentally and also football wise, they (Manly) have to win to keep the top four spot so they’re going to come here in the right frame of mind,'' he said.
“They’re probably in the best form of any side in the competition so it’s going to be a tough proposition but I’d rather be playing Manly then anyone else at this stage of the year.
“It’s a good chance for us to finish well against a side that I think is going to go a long way in the comp.”

http://www.titans.com.au/news-display/Sezer-Myles-ready-to-take-on-Manly/62962

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/08/31/437591_sport-columnist-scott-prince.html
Scott Prince calls for mediocraty to stop at titans.

manlyfan76 said:
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2012/08/31/437591_sport-columnist-scott-prince.html

Well, for that to happen they would have to overhaul their roster, including getting a new halfback and a new coach.

Ralphie said:
manlyfan76 said:

Well, for that to happen they would have to overhaul their roster, including getting a new halfback and a new coach.

and a new CEO... well one out of four

the mauler said:
mickqld said:
sean1976 said:
The fact the sharks lost yesterday is a good thing, as they'll now be playing for a home final against the Cowboys and might save us should the highly improbable happen and we lose to the titans. I really favour playing the dogs in the first week, though there's a chance that Melbourne will finish first. I have a feeling that the dogs will lose to Roosters and Melbourne beat the tigers. Playing Melbourne in Melbourne is always hard.

1st if we lose to this mob (Titans) then we might as well not show up for the finals. We will wipe the floor with them.
2nd it goesn't matter who we play in week 1 as long as we are top 4 which we will be. Win or lose in week 1 we will still go through to the GF.

Just tip Titans by 10 Mick and wel be right.

Manly by 20+. That'll upset a few....LOL

Just got home to Gold Coast and family members have the flu so game tickets might have to be cancelled. Not happy Jan! Hopefully can manage a boost of overnight heatlth, otherwise will be watching on the tele. Bummer! Was going to be my only live match for 2012.

Manly win by 36+ get 3rd place & probably trip to Melbourne.
Manly win by :h:6 get 4th place & probably v Dogs at ANZ.
Manly lose get 5th place & probably v Broncos at SFS.

Sorry guys and gals I have been on leave all week and just told the bloke I work with to put in the same tips as he did. He tipped the Eagles so my 5 game streak of tipping the opposition is over and we will surly lose. If only I had paid more attention :mad:

Rest them for mad Monday?

They might play hot potato.

We will either win by plenty or lose in a close one.

Just no injuries please.

Ralphie said:
manlyfan76 said:

Hey guys just want to wish good luck to you guys. I hope it will be a cracker of a game today. Most of you guys probably think we are a sh** team by the looks of things by stating you can get 40+ points on us. Maybe by the performance we put on the Panthers you could but we are a much better team then what we showed last week.

It certainly has been a tough road for us this year. We have certainly improved from last year and we hope to take on confidence into next year. Also with the inclusion of Dave Taylor things look to be bright. We will put up a fight today and dont consider this match as a stroll in the park. We have a knack of beating top teams. But best of luck to you guys. This match is a challenge for us.

Btw there is nothing wrong with Prince this year. He has been getting the job done for us. Its just our one dimensional coach who cant provide attackng structure to the team.

Titans Fan said:
Ralphie said:
manlyfan76 said:

Hey guys just want to wish good luck to you guys. I hope it will be a cracker of a game today. Most of you guys probably think we are a sh** team by the looks of things by stating you can get 40+ points on us. Maybe by the performance we put on the Panthers you could but we are a much better team then what we showed last week.

It certainly has been a tough road for us this year. We have certainly improved from last year and we hope to take on confidence into next year. Also with the inclusion of Dave Taylor things look to be bright. We will put up a fight today and dont consider this match as a stroll in the park. We have a knack of beating top teams. But best of luck to you guys. This match is a challenge for us.

Btw there is nothing wrong with Prince this year. He has been getting the job done for us. Its just our one dimensional coach who cant provide attackng structure to the team.

Hi Titans Fan. Good post. Your guys have been a bit hot and cold this year but so have the Sea Eagles. I'd certainly like Manly to win by 40 but I think predicting this is underestimating the titans as they did beat us well in round 1. It should be a good game and well done to the titans for what they have achieved this year. Go Manly.

An opposition fan who isnt here to troll or talk ****?

Has the world gone ****ing topsy turvey?

Oh thats right,only dogs fans are scum ridden enough
to do that,welcome Titans fan

The Eagle said:
An opposition fan who isnt here to troll or talk s**t?

Has the world gone f**king topsy turvey?

+1 OMFG

niccipops said:
Titans Fan said:
Ralphie said:
manlyfan76 said:

Hi Titans Fan. Good post. Your guys have been a bit hot and cold this year but so have the Sea Eagles. I'd certainly like Manly to win by 40 but I think predicting this is underestimating the titans as they did beat us well in round 1. It should be a good game and well done to the titans for what they have achieved this year. Go Manly.

Yeah we have look good at certain times of the year. Other times we looked like a joke. For you guys DCE and Foran have been outstanding and will take the club to places. They are young and far from showing their best imo. Some of the Titans fans hope that DCE goes to the Titans so he can replace Prince after he retires. Tony Williams has been on and off but at his best he is a wrecking ball machine.

For this season the Titans success has been finding of Sezer. He has been the revelation for the club and i hope we can build on the young spine of Zillman, Sezer and Srama.

The Eagle said:
An opposition fan who isnt here to troll or talk s**t?

Has the world gone f**king topsy turvey?

nice one bro. Made me laugh.

Welcome, Titans Fan.
I don't think any of us think this is going to be a walkover. We've never had an easy time at Skilled Park and I'll be happy enough if we come away with the win (no injuries would be nice, too). I actually think the Titans are unlucky not to have made the top eight. A month or so back I thought they'd get there - they were playing a really tough style of footy and seemed to have the confidence to go on with it. A couple of dud calls against the Storm didn't do you any favours.
Plus, you gave us a real hiding in round one. Was that Sezar's debut? He played great, and Greg Bird absolutely terrorised us down the left-hand side. Hope to hell that doesn't happen again:)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6