Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 23 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have had a completely different view of Klein over the years compared to others. I think he has clearly been the best referee but the last month and a bit he has clearly either got a word in his ear or has completely changed his approach.

I believe he was one of the referees that didn't dish out many 6 agains or penalties but lately he hasn't stopped. Alot seem to be quick triggers too. He couldn't raise his arm at all in origin and now he won't stop. Has been terrible. That game last night was unmatchable. I actually prefer the way Cummins has been refereeing. Getting the balance right with 6 agains. To be fair to Klein last night both those teams were just deliberately giving away everything. Somebody should call out Robinson. That team has implemented it for years. Luke Keary has never found the 10m in his career there.
The six-again rule has become boring, predictable and too subject to utterly inconsistent interpretations by referees. It's ironic that when a team is attacking close to the line the game is almost back to the days of the tedious unlimited tackle rule eliminated in the 1960's. Referees give a huge advantage to an attacking team on little more than a gut feeling they deserve another six!

Nothing said though about Trbojevic's cocked elbow to Brown's face in retaliation though? Not a single mention by anyone in the commentary.

I have had a completely different view of Klein over the years compared to others. I think he has clearly been the best referee but the last month and a bit he has clearly either got a word in his ear or has completely changed his approach.

I believe he was one of the referees that didn't dish out many 6 agains or penalties but lately he hasn't stopped. Alot seem to be quick triggers too. He couldn't raise his arm at all in origin and now he won't stop. Has been terrible. That game last night was unwatchable. I actually prefer the way Cummins has been refereeing. Getting the balance right with 6 agains. To be fair to Klein last night both those teams were just deliberately giving away everything. Somebody should call out Robinson. That team has implemented it for years. Luke Keary has never found the 10m in his career there.
Yep Klein very rarely gave penalties or six agains... but he's changed forms to Klown since the origin series and is all about blowing the pea out of the whistle

One third as bad as Holmes apparently.
They received the same charge (Grade 2 careless high tackle)... Holmes copped 3 weeks because it was his third offence for the year.

Remarkably that was Brown's first of the year... although he's barely played this year so that helped him in the end.

Not getting binned or sent off had no impact on JWH doing almost the same thing, so nope.

Mate did you never play the one of these things is not like the other game on Sesame Street ?

One the guy shot out of the line and smacked the guy in the head . The other just a regulation smack to the head . Ashley defined it at the time . You shot out of the line , then jumped and hit him in the head . You`re off .

Like the have they got the white thingy situation . If you shoot out of the line and jump its a harsher penalty .

The six-again rule has become boring, predictable and too subject by inconsistent interpretations by referees. It's ironic that when a team is attacking close to the line the game is almost back to the days of the tedious unlimited tackle rule eliminated in the 1960's. Referees give a huge advantage to an attacking team on little more than a gut feeling they deserve another six!
"Has become"

Always has been

I believe he was one of the referees that didn't dish out many 6 agains or penalties but lately he hasn't stopped. Alot seem to be quick triggers too. He couldn't raise his arm at all in origin and now he won't stop. Has been terrible. That game last night was unwatchable. I actually prefer the way Cummins has been refereeing. Getting the balance right with 6 agains. To be fair to Klein last night both those teams were just deliberately giving away everything. Somebody should call out Robinson. That team has implemented it for years. Luke Keary has never found the 10m in his career there.

I don't give a **** if he's blowing the pea out of the whistle, as long as they are for genuine offences. The frustrating part would be that if he starts blowing them for one team who are constantly pushing past boundaries, he'll then do the same for the other team the moment they so much as cough, in order to seem impartial. I'd love nothing more than a 20-0 penalty count against teams that constantly bend the rules (Panthers, Storm) so that they are reffed out of games and have to start obeying the same rules as everyone else in order to compete. But we've seen what happened the last time that happened, and the "media" blew up about how it was ruining the sport.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8