Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 17 Cross Forum discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Doesn't seem too fair for me. Strengthening an already gun team.

People can discredit him for visiting a bikie barber shop or being a 'grub' or whatever but at the end of the day he has the potential to be the best forward in the game. He still makes an impact for the reigning wooden spooners, who knows how good he could be in a team like the Panthers where he'll be catching the ball with a scattered and retreating defensive line in front of him.

This could go either way. Great clubs don't tolerate d*ckheads, and the winning environment (and peer pressure to remain disciplined like everybody else) makes players afraid to stuff up.

But there are just some blokes that can't get right, and hurt the culture of even the top clubs.

"As a proud Kokatha, Naghiralgal and Dauareb-Meriam man it's incredible" Patty Mills

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013
1133.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Joshaz87 - www.cowboysstampede.com.au[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 5, 2011

Don't rule out Pangai Junior costing Penrith a finals game with a sin binning, or being sent off....

Probably no loss for them if they have to suspend him for visiting the bikies, I meant barber shop.

"As a proud Kokatha, Naghiralgal and Dauareb-Meriam man it's incredible" Patty Mills

I don't care about TPJ and I don't care about Penrith, I care that this sets an ugly precedent. TPJ has not been bad this year at all and he is a genuine gun player going to the premiership favourites for nothing, that isn't right. This will just continue to make the gulf between the good clubs and the rubbish ones like us even wider.

Not only that, this is also rewarding a player for allegedly meeting with another club while under contract directly leading to his current club being forced to jump on the front foot and boot him out.

So TPJ (more likely his agent, TPJ isn't this smart) has managed to 'legally' get a better offer from the Dogs and likely win a premiership on his way out. How can the NRL just be ok with these machinations? I'll answer it, they are incompetent that is why.

8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

I don't care about TPJ and I don't care about Penrith, I care that this sets an ugly precedent. TPJ has not been bad this year at all and he is a genuine gun player going to the premiership favourites for nothing, that isn't right. This will just continue to make the gulf between the good clubs and the rubbish ones like us even wider.

Not only that, this is also rewarding a player for allegedly meeting with another club while under contract directly leading to his current club being forced to jump on the front foot and boot him out.

So TPJ (more likely his agent, TPJ isn't this smart) has managed to 'legally' get a better offer from the Dogs and likely win a premiership on his way out. How can the NRL just be ok with these machinations? I'll answer it, they are incompetent that is why.

Chooks were allowed to sign SBW for the last few weeks last year.
As to how last year's grand finalists still have room in the cap, who knows?
As to why the NRL would enable all this, I'm equally stumped.
The player transfer system is becoming so fluid that it is in danger of next becoming gaseous.

1133.jpg
8423.jpg

I agree with your pain and frustration, but I am not sure the Broncos had any other choice (even if the NRL tightened the rules).

Kevie is a club legend, and a relatively new NRL coach. He and Ikin are trying to set new standards at the club, and can't have destablising forces ruining that (no matter even if they happen to be good players in their own right).

Maybe the Broncos thought.... well we aren't going to sack Kevie because he just got here, and the mess was create by Wayne and Anthony etc. But we can fix the joint up, and get two quality dudes for the price we were paying for Pangai who is extremely promising, and sometimes even MOTM, but most of the time, unreliable and an absolute flog who is a dressing room cancer.

8423.jpg
1133.jpg

I agree with your pain and frustration, but I am not sure the Broncos had any other choice (even if the NRL tightened the rules).

Kevie is a club legend, and a relatively new NRL coach. He and Ikin are trying to set new standards at the club, and can't have destablising forces ruining that (no matter even if they happen to be good players in their own right).

Maybe the Broncos thought.... well we aren't going to sack Kevie because he just got here, and the mess was create by Wayne and Anthony etc. But we can fix the joint up, and get two quality dudes for the price we were paying for Pangai who is extremely promising, and sometimes even MOTM, but most of the time, unreliable and an absolute flog who is a dressing room cancer.

I am not sure if you would have seen it but this post has been liked.

8423.jpg

I agree with that.
What I can't understand is that the Broncos are supposed to have all these gun players that other clubs are desperate to recruit (and are recruiting). If these guys are so good why is Brisbane so poor? I was astounded at how easily they capitulated against the Tugers on the weekend.

1133.jpg
2179.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]The Who - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 29, 2010
I agree with that.
What I can't understand is that the Broncos are supposed to have all these gun players that other clubs are desperate to recruit (and are recruiting). If these guys are so good why is Brisbane so poor? I was astounded at how easily they capitulated against the Tugers on the weekend.

Talking 'bout my g-g-generation

They got blooded into the NRL at the wrong time.

Bennett left a mess at the Broncos (that the media doesn't call him out for because he is Bennett).

Siebold comes in, and in trying to fix the mess, acts as extreme as a footy forum person proposes by wanting to drop nearly everybody for a young player or reserve grader.

In fixing Bennett's mess, Seibold left his own mess. Now Kevie is trying to fix both of their combined messes. All while this is happening, the young players have faced hiding after hiding, and while losing, the discipline has slipped up or worsened for those who are inclined to be that way.

Kevvie seems like a genuine sort of person, and a 'good bloke'. Having said that, I don't know if he's the smartest NRL coach going around. Time will tell, but he seems ok with a chock full of talent side (like a SOO team) in getting them to gell for a limited series of matches - but very inconsistent with varying levels of talent and application in a squad like the Broncos. The eagerness of many players wanting to get out and sign with other clubs should be a warning sign.

1133.jpg
31963.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Brookie Bob - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 15, 2021
Kevvie seems like a genuine sort of person, and a 'good bloke'. Having said that, I don't know if he's the smartest NRL coach going around. Time will tell, but he seems ok with a chock full of talent side (like a SOO team) in getting them to gell for a limited series of matches - but very inconsistent with varying levels of talent and application in a squad like the Broncos. The eagerness of many players wanting to get out and sign with other clubs should be a warning sign.

I am not sure it is a warning sign to Kevvie when those players were flogs anyway.

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
REACTIONS: 9,885
Dufty, Naden, TPJ, Vaughan, Burton. Quite a wee posse the Bulldogs are assembling after quite a few signings last year. There is definitely a chance for them to self-destruct with those personalities. All brilliant offensively brilliant on their good days, some offensive on their worst. I don't see Barrett as the one to keep tabs on them, I hope the days of having drinks with his players are done.

Surely They can't afford Brandon Smith now?

713.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Ever Hopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .February 24, 2013
Imagine being the guy who has worked hard through preseason and the season itself to play in the GF only to miss out to a last minute, temporary ring-in with a **** attitude.

Surely Cleary wouldn't do that to one of his Pennies whanau.

1973.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrslong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2008
713.jpg

Imagine being the guy who has worked hard through preseason and the season itself to play in the GF only to miss out to a last minute, temporary ring-in with a **** attitude.

Surely Cleary wouldn't do that to one of his Pennies whanau.

I thought I heard they were doing it because JFH will potentially be missing for the birth of his child.

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

8423.jpg
713.jpg

Dufty, Naden, TPJ, Vaughan, Burton. Quite a wee posse the Bulldogs are assembling after quite a few signings last year. There is definitely a chance for them to self-destruct with those personalities. All brilliant offensively brilliant on their good days, some offensive on their worst. I don't see Barrett as the one to keep tabs on them, I hope the days of having drinks with his players are done.

Surely They can't afford Brandon Smith now?

I don't even know how they can afford Vaughan, they've already spent big on Burton, JAC, Cotric, Allan, Naden, TPJ, Flanagan, Elliott, Jackson. To attract anyone to the club in previous years they have had to spend overs, so they must already be pretty close to the cap.

713.jpg
8423.jpg

I don't even know how they can afford Vaughan, they've already spent big on Burton, JAC, Cotric, Allan, Naden, TPJ, Flanagan, Elliott, Jackson. To attract anyone to the club in previous years they have had to spend overs, so they must already be pretty close to the cap.

I think this is Brisbane two years on. They were in a hell of a mess after Hasler moved on and had multiple players in back ended contracts (Hasler's fave), and were playing for players to be playing for other clubs. Sound familiar?

I can't remember exactly, but I have a feeling at the same time they were docked money for consecutive years for breaching the salary cap too.

They identified 2021 at the time as the year they could spend again. I was more surprised they had money for some reasonable names last year tbh.

This one of the reasons that I believe Dean Pay was dudded. He was on a hiding to nothing and I'm surprised they didn't stick with him like the Eels did with Arthur.

1899.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Pete - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2008
Cowbros what's Jensen's reputation like in the Stampede? Is he just a plodder or one of those frustrating fringe first graders who just can't string enough quality performances together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4