Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
In the past couple of years we have had very poor starts to the season.

I know we need to be able to beat anyone, but I would have thought that the worst game to draw in round 1 would be to play the scum in scumland.

I cannot think of a team in recent memory that will have more to prove than they will in round one. I fear we will be in for a bit of a hiding in this one.

I would be interested to hear who we would rather play in round 1. For me I would rather play someone like Canberra (New combinations) or Newcastle.

Ralphie link said:
In the past couple of years we have had very poor starts to the season.

I know we need to be able to beat anyone, but I would have thought that the worst game to draw in round 1 would be to play the scum in scumland.

I cannot think of a team in recent memory that will have more to prove than they will in round one. I fear we will be in for a bit of a hiding in this one.

I would be interested to hear who we would rather play in round 1. For me I would rather play someone like Canberra (New combinations) or Newcastle.

Canberra 1st? we'd get pumped

You have to play them at some stage so why not first up. We could have a good run, the boys pumped and start the season off right

storm still have a lot of positions to work out and we never know - the team they put on the field in round 1, may not work out and combinations might not work.

manlyforever08 link said:
storm still have a lot of positions to work out and we never know - the team they put on the field in round 1, may not work out and combinations might not work.

1,7,9 combo works,with those 3 who cares about 6?

Guys - their team doesn't hold the intimidation for me as it used to, regardless of how fired up they get. This is as good as I could put a team together.

01. Billy Slater
02. Anthony Quinn
03. Beau Champion
04. Chase Stanley
05. Justin O'Neill
06. Luke Kelly
07. Cooper Cronk
08. Bryan Norrie
09. Cameron Smith
10. Adam Blair
11. Sika Manu
12. Kevin Proctor
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Adam Woolnough
16. Sione Kite
17. Atelea Vea

Other notables:-
16. Matt Duffie (Winger)
17. Garreth Widdop (Fullback)
18. Dane Nielsen (Centre)

then a bunch of nuffies. Honestly, if they get injuries to key players (1, 6, 7 or 9) they are going to struggle I reckon. They could also be playing this round one:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Will Hopoate (Normally Steve Matai)
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Liam Foran
15. George Rose
16. Joe Galuvao
17. Tony Williams

Other notables:-

18. Terrence Seu Seu
19. Matt Cross
20. Michael Oldfield
21. Dean Whare
22. Tim Robinson
23. Daniel Harrisson
24. Jamie Buhrer (I actually think he may be included on the bench with T-Rex going into the centres (which would be a terrible mistake in my opinion).

Man, on paper - we SHOULD get the Storm, regardless of how passionate they are. After last season, our guys should have a point to prove.

I see us having a great start to the season. No dramas this year. Melbourne deserve no respect, a team disgraced. Go Manly!!!

What can I say I love Manly v Melbourne games. Its probably one of teh few true rivalries of the last 10 years of the game. As much as I hate Storm as a Eagles fan, I like watching them play as a general football fan (too bad they are cheats and soured their legacy). The two teams always give it to each other and I'm stinging to see us get on the park and beat them to a pulp in their own backyard.

Garts...a LOT are already...get on board now.

For me the two standout away games of the year are Storm in Melbourne and Broncos in Brisbane, the atmosphere at these games are always fantastic.

I can think of no better team for us to play in round 1...this will fire up the boys BIG TIME.

Have faith and have no fear......we are Manly!

While I hate losing at anytime, slow starts to a season don't concern me greatly, as long as the effort is there. I'm a big believer in that you need to get teams to peak at the right time, so I would take a couple of early losses in March to be hitting our straps in Septemeber / October (2008 anyone?). As the saying goes, you don't win premierships in March.

manlyforever08 link said:
yeah they have a lot of new wrestling tactics  to show off in 2011 season,,actually  we can have some fun & try & guess what their new ones will be , we have had grapple, chicken wing..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2