Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Rose was easily our best forward. I was gutted that he didn't barge over for a try in the first half.

Also clever play from Symonds at the end to seal the game for us.

• 👍
Reactions: ads
Absolutely correct.

He came on and lifted the side with his strong runs. Came within inches of a try before half-time. I hope we send him and Kite off a winner next Sunday.

Yeah, he was amazing. I understand why we're letting him go but still wish we didn't have to, especially as he wants to stay. We'll miss his impact as much as we miss his smiling face.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
cant we keep him somehow?, declare the Drizzle contract null and void, George belongs at Manly !!

and to drop your dacks in a post match interview Gold!

No reason to feel sad. George is part of a great moment in his life and has a chance to win a grand final for a second time with his mates. Just 3 years ago he could not see himself getting one, and he would have felt no chance this year for most of it.
Let the big man enjoy his moment. Lets win it for the team and send him on a happy man. He'll play on next year with another good coach and a finals team.
Good on ya big fella.
NYEagle

He was fantastic. Huge yardage, hard to stop and plenty of purpose.

I'm gutted we couldn't keep him :(

his interview after the game sums up the way all the manly players feel about each other. they don't want to win for themselves, instead they want to win for each other.

Luv u Georgie

Hard to reconcile, but think I'll even be cheering for u to score a try for scum against eagles - now that's devotion

Probably one of the best traversed careers culminating in next weeks GF win for big GR. Loved his enthusiasm tonight on the field and his positive comments afterwards.

One of my favs tonight G. You did well and deserved that try. 2 inches in it.

Outstanding performance from the big man tonight. He played his guts out. You could just see that he didn't want this to be his last game in a Manly jersey.

If we play the roosters. We must start with Lawrence coming off the bench and big g starting.
I've watched Lawrence closely in the finals and he's not very effective in his first spell. But in his second stint he is very effective. George is our only prop who sticks his nose thru the line every hit up.

Are you sure Cambo? Very early on in the season I and several others were saying that Lawrence should keep the starting spot even when King was fit to return from injury. He was that good. Even as recently as last week people were giving Kite and Lawrence huge wraps for their efforts in giving us good early go forward.

I'd have no problem with Rose starting but his role off the bench tonight was very effective for us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6